Chapter 8 Nohr Lunatic

Lucina's Husband

Ugh, I always can barely pick off the enemies that chase me left with Effie + Arthur + Silas, sometimes Niles or Odin have to jump in and it means I lose a turn where I might have gotten to visit a village. Is it possible to be stat screwed here?

Also, Silas is close to death even with a beneficial pair up. Am I supposed to get Silas/Corrin paired up with Felicia and a healer all the way to the boss before the enemies on other the bottom or top right aggro me?

If Corrin isn’t a very strong build and you don’t have Jakob, certainly the early chapters will be a lot harder than they need to be. I remember, as that was the situation my first Nohr blind lunatic run. But between the Freeze Staff, and Azura, and Pair Up-switch-transfer-shelter, you should have enough turns to clear it going left.

Is Corrin with Felicia with Dragonstone strong enough to distract the top and right enemies for a few turns? Sell the Goddess Icon for money if you have it and buy tonics also. Buy a concoction if characters need more healing and Elise is elsewhere. I think the boss only has 7 Spd and Silas with Tonic with Arthur has 12 at base and good hit rate with Lances. Should be able to outdamage Nosferatu.

edit: Base Silas has 11 Str + 2 tonic + 4 Arthur + 3 Elbow Room + 5 Bronze Lance + 1 wta = 26 att. Doesn't that oneround the boss (let him hit you first on enemy phase, survive with tonics)? You still have Effie and Corrin to clear the other enemies nearby.

edit2: uh with the gate barely not it seems. But try something like that and chip the boss a little (or Silas has +1 str).

Edited by XeKr

I think you can change genders at the branching point. Unless you’re attached to male for relationship purposes or such.

Like I said, I beat with Felicia before (and a below-average Corrin), but it was a lot harder than it had to be. Recently, I used Paladin!Jakob and just steamroll’d through the earlygame. Like all the tricky Seal stuff early doesn’t matter if Jakob just straightup onerounds them. The Physical+mage combination doesn’t matter since Jakob(+Tonic+Effie) is tanky on both sides. Ninjas don’t matter because Jakob just one-shots them with a Javelin.

Go Great Knight to kill everything that can be killed by Butler Jakob, and then?

And then tank a bunch of attacks Butler cannot tank? Durability is pretty important.

That said, -/10 Butler Jakob is 7 points of strength behind -/10 Great Knight Jakob while a Steel Dagger is only +1 above Javelin. While GK Jakob only needs help with maybe speed, Butler wants help with a bit of everything.

And then tank a bunch of attacks Butler cannot tank? Durability is pretty important.

That said, -/10 Butler Jakob is 7 points of strength behind -/10 Great Knight Jakob while a Steel Dagger is only +1 above Javelin. While GK Jakob only needs help with maybe speed, Butler wants help with a bit of everything.

Why does Butler want help when he can ORKO enemies?

Daggers can double while Javelin can't, so comparing stats like this make no sense.

B-rank on daggers adds +2 damage, and there is Explosive Shuriken which also benefit from weapon rank. Please don't ignore these.

Edited by Tooru

Why does Butler want help when he can ORKO enemies?

Daggers can double while Javelin can't, so comparing stats like this make no sense.

B-rank on daggers adds +2 damage, and there is Explosive Shuriken which also benefit from weapon rank. Please don't ignore these.

You were the one who stepped in to claim Butler Jakob can OHKO enemies with daggers. ORKOing is equally effective on enemy phase but implies you may be taking a counter when trying to grab kills on player phase without an acceptable attack stance partner.

GK/Paladin Jakob also usually gets +3 atk from Elbow Room; something Butler also misses. Shelter is also an essential skill for efficiency runs.