Special Edition Memory Space

GaleforceAbuse

Hey everyone:

I was lucky enough to be able to get the special edition. I have an original 3DS with about 9000 blocks left. So, both Conquest and Birthright are on the same cartridge and are physical. I've read somewhere that Revelations is about 800 blocks and the DLC maps are about 1000ish? Will I have enough space left on my 3DS SD card? If I do have to get a new SD card, when I try to transfer it over (using the instructions given on the Nintendo support website), is there really a risk of corrupting or deleting anything (if I don't do anything stupid)? I'm sorry if this might have been asked, but I wasn't able to really find a concrete answer about how much space the Special Edition will take. I understand that most of it will be on the cart itself, but still. Thank you!

Are you talking about this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/46l9v6/psa_if_you_own_one_of_the_fefates_games_on_a/d067m2h

Revelations is ~800 blocks if it's bought digitally. You don't need to worry about that since you have the special edition and it's already in the cartridge. Cartridge data is just on the cartridge, so it won't take up space in the SD card, or if it does, it will be very little. The Map Pack is ~250 blocks. You don't need to worry about that if you have 9000 blocks left.

Also, in terms of moving the data and the possibility of corruption, I can't answer that, but I was going to switch to a larger SD card too. I'm worried about that too haha, but you most likely shouldn't have an issue if you follow Nintendo's guidelines: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/309/~/how-to-transfer-data-between-sd-cards-or-microsd-cards

I have the SE - Revelations is on the card. (I only have like, 300 blocks on my SD card, so I know for a fact I didn't download that path).

When the games released in Japan Revelations wasn't finished yet (which is why they released it later).

Revelations is already fully localized for the US so our game carts have all three routes.

I have the standard edition (I was unlucky to get the special edition)and with a 8 go sd card I was able to download conquest and the dlc map 1 pack. Hey guys if you don't care about the artbook I'm still loooking for. Just in case.