Conquest Lunatic Chapter 8 Discussion

FatesLunatic

A little over halfway done with lunatic conquest, and the thing that keeps popping up in my mind is chapter 8 of lunatic. I could not get three villages. . . I ended up turtling and heavily leveling up mozume with javelin, but for the veterans or other players, am I supposed to freeze the soldiers that run to the villages and rush the villages/boss? I heard that the reward for getting the 3 villages is 10K. Is that correct?

I feel like you can finish this chapter faster and easier than turtling if you use arthur over mozume or whoever, and tonics(I didn't use them), but I don't know :/ since I already passed this point in the game. It took me a few tries to beat this map, and this chapter was definitely way more challenging than chapter 10.

Can any players who played on the jap ver or already figured this chapter out share some tips/insight/videos?

I thought it was a cool chapter concept, but it really bothered me that on Hard you can make it to three villages pretty easily and take out the remaining enemies that spawn from the villages, whereas in Lunatic you have to kite like hell to the left and you just miss out on experience, plus Vantage + Nosferatu on the boss means you have to somehow get enough damage on him, have a guard stance ready, and be able to dish enough damage at him in maybe one or two turns because he can heal. I killed Flora no problem on Hard, but could never even come close to one shotting her on Lunatic.

One day I'll tackle it again, but for now I found it simply ridiculous.

Turn 1:

Visit the first village.

Silas and Elise brings other units to the left. Separate the pairs after moving so they can go further.

Turn 2 player phase:

Niles and Odin joins. Pair them, go left and ORKO a mage by Niles.

Silas and some other units also go left. Be careful and don't enter Flora's range of Freeze.

When other units finish their turn, (maybe Elise) use Dragon Vein.

Turn 2 enemy phase:

Because of Dragon Vein, mages can only attack Niles from range 2 and be ORKOed by him.

Turn 3 player phase:

Silas moves toward Flora, atttacks her with lance, or just switches his weapon to lance.

Other units keep moving to left side.

You can move Odin+Niles, switch leader and separate the pair so Niles will become Silas' supporter in Attack Stance.

When other units finish their turn, (maybe Corrin) use Dragon Vein.

Turn 3 enemy phase:

Because of Dragon Vein, fighters cannot move and attack Silas.

Flora will attack Silas (or maybe Zero) and not use Freeze.

Turn 4:

Silas can visit the middle-left village, or just stay there and attack the lancer.

Odin or somebody else can visit the bottom-left village.

That is all the 3 visitings.

For a female Corrin run, Jakob can pair with Arthur and move towards the top at Turn 2.

It is posible for them to visit the top village without being killed, or just ORKO the lancer so nobody can visit.

But we won't get more money by visiting 4 villages, so I would rather let enemies come out for move EXP.

Edited by Tooru

Turn 1:

Visit the first village.

Silas and Elise brings other units to the left. Separate the pairs after moving so they can go further.

Turn 2 player phase:

Niles and Odin joins. Pair them, go left and ORKO a mage by Niles.

Silas and some other units also go left. Be careful and don't enter Flora's range of Freeze.

When other units finish their turn, (maybe Elise) use Dragon Vein.

Turn 2 enemy phase:

Because of Dragon Vein, mages can only attack Niles from range 2 and be ORKOed by him.

Turn 3 player phase:

Silas moves toward Flora, atttacks her with lance, or just switches his weapon to lance.

Other units keep moving to left side.

You can move Odin+Niles, switch leader and separate the pair so Niles will become Silas' supporter in Attack Stance.

When other units finish their turn, (maybe Corrin) use Dragon Vein.

Turn 3 enemy phase:

Because of Dragon Vein, fighters cannot move and attack Silas.

Flora will attack Silas (or maybe Zero) and not use Freeze.

Turn 4:

Silas can visit the middle-left village, or just stay there and attack the lancer.

Odin or somebody else can visit the bottom-left village.

That is all the 3 visitings.

For a female Corrin run, Jakbo can pair with Arthur and move towards the top at Turn 2.

It is posible for them to visit the top village without being killed, or just ORKO the lancer so nobody can visit.

But we won't get more money by visiting 4 villages, so I would rather let enemies come out for move EXP.

And how does one eliminate the boss?

And how does one eliminate the boss?

That depends on the current stats of our units.

Maybe debuff and weaken him to nearly half HP by Felicia/Jakob, lower his avoid by Odin's Heartseeker, and then one-shot him with Effie+Arthur Guard Stance.