Playing Birthright like Conquest

Otr

I've read of the differences in paths frequently in the days before release, and have a statement/suggestion/question.

I've been playing Birthright LIKE Conquest. That is to say, I've engaged in no optional battles.

It can't change the fundamentally lower difficulty, but it helps make the game that much tougher, knowing I can't (won't) be able to powerlevel for the game.

Anybody else on this forum doing something similar, first run or otherwise?

I'm not planning to grind on Hoshido. I'll only grind on Revelations postgame to recruit the children. Not gonna bother with them for the other two paths. Grinding was not fun for me in Awakening so I'm not gonna do it again.

Honestly, of the three, I would prefer Conquest if it had the playstyle of Birthright. I'm the opposite- I love grinding characters as I like to maximize there stats. I want every child (no prisoners though), every one 20/20... or 20/99 if I've heard right.

I'm currently doing a no-grind playthrough of Birthright Hard and it's been OK so far. Mostly it's been pretty easy, though. You can definitely see the Awakening influence there, but with a slight edge. Not as fun as Conquest but I'm really enjoying the extra challenge, I feel like it's a really good way to play Birthright.

Honestly, of the three, I would prefer Conquest if it had the playstyle of Birthright. I'm the opposite- I love grinding characters as I like to maximize there stats. I want every child (no prisoners though), every one 20/20... or 20/99 if I've heard right.

There is DLC that will let you do that soon.