My Castle errors - help wanted

Daypigeon

So, I've been having some weird issues with the castle mode. I can visit other peoples' castles, and they can visit mine, but nothing is logged or recorded except for the number of battles and visits.

This means no calling cards can be left (I can grab them when I visit someone else), no feedback, gifts, visitor records, and presumably bond units or whatever - but I can get Battle and Visit Bonuses, for some stupid reason. I don't really "see" visitors to my (my) castle, and if I visit someone else I don't show up there, though I can get items from them.

It might also be worth noting that when I do register someone's card, they show up universally as 0 battles, 0 visits.

I've tried both wiping just the Extra Data and wiping everything, neither helped.

Any thoughts on what might cause this? Or have any of you had similar issues? Any help would be really appreciated.

At first, I thought the standard answer to My Castle-related problems are "have you tried updating your data", but your case looks a bit like it's an actual error in your copy after reading the "0 battles / visits" part.

But I guess you should try updating your data (in the crystal ball menu) anyway. If you see people's cards saying 0 battles / visits, it's possible that they just haven't updated their data yet.

At first, I thought the standard answer to My Castle-related problems are "have you tried updating your data", but your case looks a bit like it's an actual error in your copy after reading the "0 battles / visits" part.

But I guess you should try updating your data (in the crystal ball menu) anyway. If you see people's cards saying 0 battles / visits, it's possible that they just haven't updated their data yet.

yeah, I've tried updating a few times, no luck

and these are people who I know have updated at least a few times, too.

I don't really know what to do at this point!

Close your 3DS while it's still on the game for about 5 minutes or so, then win a battle. Whether it's a MyCastle battle or skirmish doesn't matter. Following the victory your feedback, accessory, and visit information will be updated. I couldn't tell you why it works like that, but that's what I've had to do even in the Japanese game.

Close your 3DS while it's still on the game for about 5 minutes or so, then win a battle. Whether it's a MyCastle battle or skirmish doesn't matter. Following the victory your feedback, accessory, and visit information will be updated. I couldn't tell you why it works like that, but that's what I've had to do even in the Japanese game.

This mostly seems to work!

I'm still not seeing any new Calling Cards or changes to the bulletin board (times met seems to be universally stuck at zero, and there are no visitor records there), though, which I suppose probably means Bond Units aren't possible?

You said you'd had to do this even in the Japanese game - does that mean you've had the same problem with both types of the cart and both 3dses?

Because if so that kind of sounds like it might be an internet issue instead of something with the game or hardware like nocturnal was thinking.

I'm not sure on the calling cards; my assumption is that the "times met" count only goes up with streetpass interactions, not the usual online visits. I've made bond units with several players I have cards of in my Japanese copy, and all of them are stuck at 0. Just keeping giving accessories to your calling card players and you'll get a bond unit eventually.

How my games update is the same across both versions, yes. Apparently Japanese players were having the same issue we have with feedback updating, which is how I stumbled upon the method to help it along.

I'm not sure on the calling cards; my assumption is that the "times met" count only goes up with streetpass interactions, not the usual online visits. I've made bond units with several players I have cards of in my Japanese copy, and all of them are stuck at 0. Just keeping giving accessories to your calling card players and you'll get a bond unit eventually.

How my games update is the same across both versions, yes. Apparently Japanese players were having the same issue we have with feedback updating, which is how I stumbled upon the method to help it along.

maybe it's just that calling cards can only be picked up from the castle owner when visiting someone, and don't get actually left by visitors?

like it's possible i'm just totally misunderstanding how that works.

It's really irritating that they didn't fix this for the western release, though.

actually, if it's ok to bug you again - do you have to win? and are you using an older 3ds or the new xl?