Greetings!

mixolydia

Hi all! I've been a long-time lurker, and this forum always seems to show up on search results whenever I feel like reading up on FE theories and discussions.
Fire Emblem is my second favorite game franchise of all time (EarthBound/Mother being my first if you were curious). Japanese RPGs and fighting games are my genres of choice.
As for Fates being localized, I'm really excited to play it, but I guess it'll be a while until I can actually do that, since broke college life sure has its ways of interfering with your hobbies.

I'm happy to meet you all and I hope to be a more familiar face in the future!

Welcome to Serenes, Mixolydia!

Which Mother game is your favorite? And while I'm at it, do you think the localization rumors of Mother 3 are true?

Hm, that's actually hard. If I had to pick, I would say Mother 2/EB would be my favorite since Giygas was the only final boss in the series that scared me stiff. :lol:

I've always had a positive but really skeptical outlook on Mother 3's localization. So I can't say I feel the rumors are really true, lol. I would love to have it localized; there are lots of people who are wanting it released overseas, and the EB Beginnings + EarthBound release on VC could possibly be the catalyst for an official localization. But at the same time, it looks like there are a lot of "what ifs" in terms of development and sales.

Honestly, I'm waiting to see if Nintendo says something in the next Direct, or E3, whichever comes first.

Hello and welcome! I'm new on these forums, and I only started to get into the Fire Emblem series since last year with Awakening. Cool to hear you like Mother! I still need to finish Mother and Earthbound myself one of these days, but I'm juggling a lot of games at once on my end, so finding the time can be tricky!

Hello and welcome! I'm new on these forums, and I only started to get into the Fire Emblem series since last year with Awakening. Cool to hear you like Mother! I still need to finish Mother and Earthbound myself one of these days, but I'm juggling a lot of games at once on my end, so finding the time can be tricky!

I don't blame you! My first runs on most games usually take a ridiculous amount of time because I'm usually playing other titles alongside it.