Question Regarding the Nintendo eShop Version of Fates

SaMaster14

Hey guys, I have a few questions about how the whole Birthright/Conquest/Revelation paths work on the version from the Nintendo eShop.

I was not one of the lucky ones to pick up the special edition cartridge for pre-order, so when the games were released, I purchased Birthright from the Nintendo eShop.

I began playing, and when I reached chapter 6, I was able to pick between Hosido (Birthright) and Nohr (Conquest). Since I'm relatively new to the Fire Emblem series, and wanted my first go through to be on the easier side, I stuck with Birthright. If I'm not mistaken, in the cartridge versions, you cannot pick, the game simply picks for you depending on which cartridge was purchased.

But, here is where my question comes in:

On my main menu, I have both the "Branch of Fate" Option and the "Explore Fates" option.

If I select Branch of Fate, will I be able to pick again, begin playing on the Nohr (Conquest) side and just create another save file for that game? (In which case I would have a save file for Birthright and another for Conquest).

Or, will that not work?

The "Explore Fates" option also allows me to purchase the other two games at a discount. I haven't purchased either Conquest or Revelation yet, so I'm not sure how it works (whether it just downloads them to the current game, or if it downloads a separate icon onto my 3DS home screen).

I don't want to mess up my current game, so I haven't tried out the Branch of Fate option. Maybe it won't allow me to pick the nohr side unless I've purchased Conquest?

Anyone have any experience with the options on the eStore version?

Thanks!

All Branch of Fate option does is start you at chapter 6 instead of having you go through the first 5. As far as where it downloads I don't know as I have physical versions of the game. I think it would just download it to your Hoshido cartridge since when you scroll over the option it says data not found for this cart. But I could be wrong. I'm hoping they would just give you a seperate icon so you could get the three save files for each path but I doubt thats the case.

Branch of fate is a new game, but starting at Chapter 6 instead of the prologue. You can save it in a new slot and your old file will be fine.

Explore Fates lets you buy the other routes. You can't choose a side in chapter 6 that you haven't bought; if you try to it just takes you to the store to buy it. When you buy another path, the game also gives you three more save slots, so there's literally no reason to download the other full game.

Edited by Oshimos

Branch of fate is a new game, but starting at Chapter 6 instead of the prologue. You can save it in a new slot and your old file will be fine.

Explore Fates lets you buy the other routes. You can't choose a side in chapter 6 that you haven't bought; if you try to it just takes you to the store to buy it. When you buy another path, the game also gives you three more save slots, so there's literally no reason to download the other full game.

That's actually great news for me since I plan on downloading Revelations on my Nohr cart (already have a physical Hoshido cart). Good to see Ninty thought of giving extra save slots. Clutch.