I can already feel that this game will get the same amount of hate as Awakening did...

OliKad

Also, Azama? Really? If I drove my cars on that side of the road, I'd go after Frederick in Awakening and Suzukaze in Fates. My taste in husbandos is cleary superior.

>Not Nishiki, Zero or Shinonome

If you aren't going to homo seriously, maybe you should politely excuse yourself from the fandom.

I mean, wow, embarrassing.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beastiality, sadism and pedophilia? No thank you!

Joke's on you, in the localization they have the lines:

"Kaden, when are you going to start acting like the human being that you technically are."

"Niles, when are you going to start acting like the socially well adjusted individual that you technically are."

I can't defend the last one. Shino must be 8 years old, tops.

Edited by NekoKnight

Joke's on you, in the localization they have the lines:

"Kaden, when are you going to start acting like the human being that you technically are."

"Niles, when are you going to start acting like the socially well adjusted individual you technically are."

I can't defend the last one. Shino must be 8 years old, tops.

Have I ever told you how I wish I was as witty and eloquent as you are? You're hilarious.

This is what happens when you have a fanbase who are an equivalent to crying spoiled brats who can't accept change. They can shut up and move on, because it's not changing anything. Especially when this game sold 300,000 units at launch.

Yeah, right, always shut up and never voice your opinion! If you are passionate about your hobby you can get out, only positives allowed, epsecially on a public forum made to discuss.

After all, the sales are the only thing that matter, right?

Heck, why would I play those old ass FE games before Awakening? They did not sell, therefore they must be crap.

Also, Azama? Really? If I drove my cars on that side of the road, I'd go after Frederick in Awakening and Suzukaze in Fates. My taste in husbandos is cleary superior.

Keep on rolling sheep, clearly you know nothin' of high quality husbandos, you only accept what the game hands you as bland, handsome men, without really looking at what counts. What counts is clearly being a squinty eyed sexy bastard. You might as well marry the anikis at this point, to show how original you are.

(jk)

Yeah, right, always shut up and never voice your opinion! If you are passionate about your hobby you can get out, only positives allowed, epsecially on a public forum made to discuss.

After all, the sales are the only thing that matter, right?

Heck, why would I play those old ass FE games before Awakening? They did not sell, therefore they must be crap.

Keep on rolling sheep, clearly you know nothin' of high quality husbandos, you only accept what the game hands you as bland, handsome men, without really looking at what counts. What counts is clearly being a squinty eyed sexy bastard. You might as well marry the anikis at this point, to show how original you are.

(jk)

hey if thats how you want to interpret what I said then by all means do. That seems to be most of the people here's maximum brain capacity. And before you come at me again with nothing entertaining, I'm pretty sure you can read right? Or did you skip over first grade?

Edited by GrayClouds23

Honestly, the veteran fans who aren't of the opinion that "the series is a f*cking joke that's lost its soul" seem to be pleasantly surprised by the gameplay.

I'm seeing much more of people nitpicking the localization and telling veterans to shut up.

Honestly, the veteran fans who aren't of the opinion that "the series is a f*cking joke that's lost its soul" seem to be pleasantly surprised by the gameplay.

I'm seeing much more of people nitpicking the localization and telling veterans to shut up.

Good, the amount of forum post from veteran fans complaining about the same thing over and over again made me cringe.

In regards to the negative/positive atmosphere of SF and the Fates board in particular, of all the forums I've been on, conversations here are relatively civil and there isn't too much shitposting. I'll take a brief respite from my usual sarcasm and say you guys are generally alright. Or maybe I've transcended internet drama and stopped caring.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like but I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Have I ever told you how I wish I was as witty and eloquent as you are? You're hilarious.

You're my muse.

No homo

Good, the amount of forum post from veteran fans complaining about the same thing over and over again made me cringe.

I'm not sure you're understanding me; my post is that I'm seeing significantly more people saying that veteran fans who have complaints about the game "can't accept change" and need to shut up.

Looking at the past several posts, and, well... .

TL;DR Newer fans are being whinier than older ones this time around.

I'm not sure you're understanding me; my post is that I'm seeing significantly more people saying that veteran fans who have complaints about the game "can't accept change" and need to shut up.

Looking at the past several posts, and, well... .

TL;DR Newer fans are being whinier than older ones this time around.

Oh wow, that's kinda surprising. Oh and if anyone still wants to get some dirt on me, I've been playing since 8. Anything else? I'm all ears people. All I really see you as is people I will never meet irl, nor care to meet.

Oh wow, that's kinda surprising. Oh and if anyone still wants to get some dirt on me, I've been playing since 8. Anything else? I'm all ears people. All I really see you as is people I will never meet irl, nor care to meet.

You're sweeping peoples' opinions under the rug and saying that people can't accept change... despite most of the people stating their opinions here having already bought the game.

People should be able to state their opinions as long they aren't an ass about it.

Edited by The DanMan

You're sweeping peoples opinions under the rug and saying that people can't accept change... despite most of the people stating their opinions here having already bought the game.

People should be able to state their opinions as long they aren't an ass about it.

I have no problem with that. But when I make a damn statement, I make it. And I literally don't care what people think about said statement. If it came out of my mouth I meant it. I dont mince my fucking words.

I never said people couldnt have opinions. I merely said people complain like babies, they always do. Every new entry in a series seems to get hate and controversy, yet whats the point if it is still liked by the general populace? Nintendo dosent give a fuck about you in the long run.

EDIT: However I do find smart ass remarks really funny to read. If I tell you to shut the fuck up here I would most certainly tell you to fuck off in real life. People are an eyesore.

Edited by GrayClouds23

RD's story was all over the place with changing antagonists, completely dumb plot devises (God damn blood pact) and some really out-there logic. Great game, shitty story.

Not really. Everything that happened has a logical explanation, granted PoR is much better in that aspect but RD is better than Awakening could've ever hoped to be.

This is about Fates though and I'm here for the gameplay, not the story.

Anyone know how easily a long time fan would be assimilated into the game's system? Is the strategy just as shite as Awakening? If it is then I would have no issues with skipping this, but it looks well done for the most part has gotten great reviews. Also the children, is it still integral to ship your characters to enjoy everything in the game? That was a big gripe I had with Awakening too.

Not really. Everything that happened has a logical explanation, granted PoR is much better in that aspect but RD is better than Awakening could've ever hoped to be.

Anyone know how easily a long time fan would be assimilated into the game's system? Is the strategy just as shite as Awakening? If it is then I would have no issues with skipping this, but it looks well done for the most part has gotten great reviews. Also the children, is it still integral to ship your characters to enjoy everything in the game? That was a big gripe I had with Awakening too.

No, not at all. This game actually takes thought. Unlike Awakening. And idk, the children arent needed, they're more or less there. Which is infact a complaint of mine with the game. (SHOCKING I KNOW IM COMPLAINING HAHAHA)

The 2nd gen is shoehorned in with no connection to the plot whatsoever and a laughable explanation that makes it seem like a few higher-ups just wanted them in to cash in on Awakening.

Gameplay wise, this and Awakening might as well be night and day. Pair-up has been nerfed and overhauled (and enemies can use it just as effectively as you can), there's a much wider objective variety (especially on Conquest), and much better map design (again, most true on Conquest). I'm being forced to reset on maps because I misjudged things strategically, and not because of crappy map design promoting numbers-only gameplay.

The gameplay builds off of Awakening but improves it in many ways (you can't just pair everyone up and roflstomp the enemies). It's still Fire Emblem but you should look forward to Hidden Weapons and the Attack/Guard system. Conquest has the best map design and need for strategy. The children are completely superfluous and can be skipped if you want. Any character can get practically any skill set so there isn't as much as a need for extreme eugenics.

Cool, thanks guys! I expected to be shot down the moment I called Awakening shite in the strategy department, so I was pleased to see that was not the case lol.

Seems like the Nohr route is more in my taste then, reminds me more of the older FE's based on the descriptions you gave. I like the fact that Pair Up is more balanced now too. My faith in the series is somewhat restored if you can ignore all the waifu pandering, haha. But eh, gotta keep those new fans in some way I suppose.

Cool, thanks guys! I expected to be shot down the moment I called Awakening shite in the strategy department, so I was pleased to see that was not the case lol.

Seems like the Nohr route is more in my taste then, reminds me more of the older FE's based on the descriptions you gave. I like the fact that Pair Up is more balanced now too. My faith in the series is somewhat restored if you can ignore all the waifu pandering, haha. But eh, gotta keep those new fans in some way I suppose.

the nohr route is beautiful, not only are the characters more unique, but the gameplay is so well done. I dislike how birthright got more new classes though.

Ah yes, I forgot that even though I've played strategy games my entire life, the reason for why I like Fire Emblem which I discovered late is because of hot anime girls.

For me, its being able to finally be gay. Thats the only reason I played it. Pls, be gay with me.

Ah yes, I forgot that even though I've played strategy games my entire life, the reason for why I like Fire Emblem which I discovered late is because of hot anime girls.

I likely formulated myself unfairly. I was referring to the fact that a lot of new Fire Emblem fans I've met seem to flare up the moment I say that marriage as it is now shouldn't be in the game. That doesn't take away from the fact that there are distinguished new fans such as yourself.

the nohr route is beautiful, not only are the characters more unique, but the gameplay is so well done. I dislike how birthright got more new classes though.

I'd give the gameplay for Nohr a 9/10. The levels are hard but tons of fun. I must have tried level 10 5 times before I finally beat it on hard mode. I even kept one of my save slots at chapter 10 so I could keep replaying that level. But.... the supports and characters are disappointing in my opinion to the point where I haven't even paired anyone at all bc I just don't care. The older games had better stories and supports and Awakening I could name all of the characters and a majority of their supports but with Conquest I'm just not interested.