Revelation Questions

*Haku

As you all are aware by now, Conquest and Birthright are a night and day difference in terms of gameplay, playable characters, items, castle stuff, etc.

However Revelation involves you choosing neither side and going on yourself.

But I have a few questions about Revelation:

- With Revelation, will all characters both from Hoshido and Nohr be playable? Like how you could get both Groudon and Kyogre in pokemon emerald, but only one or the other in ruby and sapphire

- Will Revelation be as difficult as Conquest or as easy as Birthright?

- Resources be as plentiful as Birthright or as scarce as Conquest?

- Challenge missions or no challenge missions?

- (if 1st question is a yes, can you get every single possible child?)

- Birthright and Conquest are completely different storywise, it isn't like Pokemon where it's just small minute differences. It's a totally brand new game. Does that mean Revelation will also have an entirely brand new storyline? (I still have yet to play Conquest but don't hesitate to spoil GAMEPLAY related stuff)

I'd like to know all the differences between Conquest/Birthright and Revelation. So far I finished playing Birthright, I plan on doing Conquest now, finally planting roots and aiming for 100% in Revelation as my main file Lunatic+ Classic. But I would like to know as much as possible about Revelation.

Shacknews says that Revelation will have both armies (and is intended to be played after finishing Conquest and Birthright). But there isn't a known site as far as I know that says exactly what Revelation has gameplay wise.

I don't know how many people already played Revelation since it was evidently clear to play both games before even doing Revelation. But even so any information would be nice. As much as I love playing games Blind. I'd prefer to know in case I make some terrible mistake I can't take back (like accidentally doing something or letting something happen that can't be reversed)

From what I've been told (haven't played it myself) its somewhere in between Conquest and Birthright in difficulty.

Unit availability changes drastically and that effects the usefulness of certain units, making some better and others worse.

Let's go through this one at a time, shall we?

- A majority of characters from both are available. Exceptions being Izana, who doesn't join for story reasons, Yukimura, for ...I don't think that's actually explained, and I think someone else.

- I agree in thinking it's about an in between for difficulty.

- I believe resources are as plentiful as Birthright.

- I think there are still challenges.

- Yes, but the whole "Male Corrin must marry a Corrin-sexual or kid" thing still applies.

- Story is completely different and I'm pretty sure it's recommended you play Birthright and Conquest first. I'm not going to, but whatevs.

Also, as been stated some units who were good in one version are possibly really bad now and vice versa.

Edited by MidoriMage

so li

Let's go through this one at a time, shall we?

- A majority of characters from both are available. Exceptions being Izana, who doesn't join for story reasons, Yukimura, for ...I don't think that's actually explained, and I think someone else.

- I agree in thinking it's about an in between for difficulty.

- I believe resources are as plentiful as Birthright.

- I think there are still challenges.

- Yes, but the whole "Male Corrin must marry a Corrin-sexual or kid" thing still applies.

- Story is completely different and I'm pretty sure it's recommended you play Birthright and Conquest first. I'm not going to, but whatevs.

Also, as been stated some units who were good in one version are possibly really bad now and vice versa.

so like ex: some units who are normally really good can become like tormod (ex: tormod is a great PoR unit but a horrible RD unit)

- You don't get Izana, Scarlet and Yukimura in Revelations if I remember correctly. Which are all Avatar-only romance options, the characters with all the different romance options are all available.

- Between Birthright and Conquest like others have said in terms of difficulties.

- You do get the option to farm like in Birthright, although with the release of the DLC maps, it doesn't really matter.

- To get all the children characters you're fine if your Avatar is Female. For Male Avatar, you have to either marry a second gen or an Avatar-only romance option (like Flora or Anna, when she releases in April), this is because there are exactly the same amount of Fathers and Mothers available not including the Avatar and all the Fathers need a mate to get the children.

- Revelations will change they Storyline completely. It will also reveal stuff not revealed in the other Paths

- You don't get Izana, Scarlet and Yukimura in Revelations if I remember correctly. Which are all Avatar-only romance options, the characters with all the different romance options are all available.

You get Scarlet, but only for one or two chapters.

LOL that doesn't count :P:

Okay what about like... game music and features?

ex: can i get both dusk and dawn armory and both rod and staff shop in my castle?

also the music for everything is different for both games as well. can i also get both of those? or it will only play like nohr music. (ik in challenge matches it doesn't matter but you know)

cuz im deliberately not going for 100% on nohr and hoshido (just doing story) so in revelation i will go 100%. but does revelation get all other features from Nohr and Hoshido? (I'm talking EVERYTHING. like Id prefer a dusk armory but a rod shop because festals have 1-2 range, but I prefer classic weapons like iron sword, javelin, etc. Don't get me wrong I like naginatas and katanas but still XD) cuz if not, I'll have to 100% on all three games.

Like can i get both a dairy farm and a peach tree? both a ruby farm and a coral farm? or revelation only allows hoshido buildings?

cuz Conquest and Birthright have both totally different things. It's not like Ruby and Sapphire where there are only small minute differences there are literally TONS of differences. That's one thing I dislike about fates, I like both games so much but unless revelation has 99.99% of both games I'm gonna be upset because I hate picking favorites ;~;

- Music

- Gameplay

- Castle features

- Character features

- Supports

- Children

etc.

Also i never planned on using yukimura and izana anyway. those are like bleh characters to me.

1. yes you get both shops
2. yes, i do believe you can play both music
3. you get both armory shops, rod shops, statues and you even get 2 food fields and 2 ore mines, a total of 4 resources.

I can play my music from conquest file on my revelation file so you should get them all in your record hall but i'm not sure about unlocking them.

Gameplay wise, I think difficulty is easier than conquest but maybe harder than birthright? I haven't gone far in that route. However, i Don't think you get unique map objectives like conquest. I'm at chapter 18 and it's still the usual thing but maybe that changes later.

Castle feature is pretty much conquest+hoshido to be honest. You even get 6 castle styles to choose from.

Character features, uh, i am not sure what you mean...

Supports are mostly the same. Some new ones like those between royal siblings. I think azura has a unique one with corrin for all three paths.

I am not sure if you can get all children. I heard that you can't get all if you go for gay marriage with niles? I'm not sure on that part but you should be able to get all of them somehow.

s

1. yes you get both shops
2. yes, i do believe you can play both music
3. you get both armory shops, rod shops, statues and you even get 2 food fields and 2 ore mines, a total of 4 resources.

I can play my music from conquest file on my revelation file so you should get them all in your record hall but i'm not sure about unlocking them.

Gameplay wise, I think difficulty is easier than conquest but maybe harder than birthright? I haven't gone far in that route. However, i Don't think you get unique map objectives like conquest. I'm at chapter 18 and it's still the usual thing but maybe that changes later.

Castle feature is pretty much conquest+hoshido to be honest. You even get 6 castle styles to choose from.

Character features, uh, i am not sure what you mean...

Supports are mostly the same. Some new ones like those between royal siblings. I think azura has a unique one with corrin for all three paths.

I am not sure if you can get all children. I heard that you can't get all if you go for gay marriage with niles? I'm not sure on that part but you should be able to get all of them somehow.

so i take it you get the best of both worlds?

character features i mean like can you get all characters? besides the Avatar-only-support ones like scarlet and izana, etc

meaning like you could get both elise and sakura, etc. (character features being like you could get all characters, all supports, unique supports like can gunter support with ryouma or camilla support with hinoka, etc.)

so..... you CAN get everything from both into revelation right? cuz the main reason I want to main Revelation is because I hate choosing a side since nohr has good stuff but so is hoshido.

Yes, you basically get all the stuff from both routes. There are some characters that you can recruit in Hoshido or Nohr but you can't in Revelations. You can get all royal siblings at once. Since you don't get some character in revelation, you don't get their support, except for one but those characters are kamui-sexual.