Hard Conquest Team and Pairing Planning

Lucina's Husband

So I just beat Chapter 10 of Conquest on Hard, and want to review my team/plan it out a bit more. I'm really glad I've made it this far, but I'm really worried I'll somehow screw things up later. I've read that 16-17 units is a pretty good amount to shoot for on Conquest. Here's a list of my units.

Camilla: Level 1 Malig Knight

Azura: Level 26 Singer

Corrin: Level 14 Nohr Prince

Felicia: Level 13 Maid

Elise: Level 13 Troubadour

Silas: Level 12 Cavalier (almost 13)

Effie: Level 12 Knight (almost 13)

Odin: Level 12 Dark Mage

Niles: Level 12 Outlaw

Selena: Level 11 Mercenary

Beruka: Level 9 Wyvern Rider

Mozu: Level 1 Country Bumpkin.

For my playthrough, I want to marry Corrin (Lance Fighter, +Strength, - Luck) to Azura, and utilize as many of the Royal family members and their retainers as possible.... Was thinking of going with these pairings/child paralogues, though I haven't decided which children I'd want to use.... probably Kanna and Shigure who I may pair up for the Sibling supports.

Corrin @Some kind of Lance-wielding class after I get breaking sky and lancefaire X Azura @Songstress

Xander @Paladin X Charlotte (Do I even promote her or level her up)

Leo @Dark Knight X Felicia @Maid or Strategist or Bow Knight?

Silas @Great Knight X Selena @Bow Knight

Odin @Sorcerer x Elise @Strategist

Niles (Do I even promote him or is he just pair up fodder) X Camilla @ Wyvern Lord

Laslow @ Hero X Pieri (Do I promote her or is she also just pair up fodder? Assuming Paladin or Great Knight for her)

Kanna@ Nohr Noble paired with @Shigure @Falcon Knight.

Also wondering....

1. Approximately what level should everybody be at by end game?

2. How quickly should I do the child paralogues by? Do I do them before or after I promote the parents? Is it like Awakening where the Kids are always better than their parents and I should just pretty much replace them?

3. Are there any levels I should meet by each chapter? Do I just try to make characters match the levels of the enemies in each chapter? Or should they be higher? Any classes that will specifically come in handy for some particularly hard chapters?

4. Are there any characters who should always be placed in guard stance as pair up fodder? I'm guessing Charlotte for Xander? Do I promote her?

5. At any moment can I reclass Azura to Lance Fighter, nab Lancefair, then put her back into Songstress?

1. From my group of friends, for those that didn't grind, lv ~15+ promoted units, usually with Corrin near 20.

2. After completing chapter 20. Using the child seal they will be 20/5.

3. There is a steady increase in difficulty. Only chapters that scale are paralogues or certain DLC.

4. Most of the pair up fodder are just fodder till better fodder or a marriage buddy come along. Like I used Rinkah with Kaze until Kagero came along as a marriage partner.

5. 25-35 would probably be the best time to class change her.

Edited by crazy_man

1. From my group of friends, for those that didn't grind, lv ~15+ promoted units, usually with Corrin near 20.

2. After completing chapter 20. Using the child seal they will be 20/5.

3. There is a steady increase in difficulty. Only chapters that scale are paralogues or certain DLC.

4. Most of the pair up fodder are just fodder till better fodder or a marriage buddy come along. Like I used Rainkah with Kaze until Kagero came along as a marriage partner.

5. 25-35 would probably be the best time to class change her.

Do characters need a substantial amount of reclassing to be good? I know I'm probably going Hero > Kinshi Knight or Great Knight > Bow Knight on Severa, but I have no idea how I would class someone like Xander or Camilla. Do I just level them up to the high teens or twenty? Best classes for Leo and Xander? Are they like Camilla where I'll wanna reclass them to something new after getting an ability or two? I know to go Wyvern Lord on her after getting Deadly Blow.

No you dont need to reclass everyone is pretty great at base though severa is better as a bird and camilia likes to make a quick trip to wyvern lord to pick up rally def.

Peri has her unique to offset her late join and is a pretty good paladin, laslow is painful though.

Child recruitment order is mostly based on your deployment slots and the curve you want to hit rather than skills, the kids main boon is they start with absurd base stats rather than skill eugenics.

Edited by joshcja

No you dont need to reclass everyone is pretty great at base though severa is better as a bird and camilia likes to make a quick trip to wyvern lord to pick up rally def.

Peri has her unique to offset her late join and is a pretty good paladin, laslow is painful though.

Child recruitment order is mostly based on your deployment slots an the curve you want to hit rather than skills though those can play a part.

Is this a good class path for Severa?

Level 20 Merc to Level 5 Hero to Level 10 Kinshi Knight to Bow Knight? Does she want to go through Great Knight from Silas for Luna?

Don't reclass Azura lol. Especially for Lancefaire. That implies she's going to be entering combat.

Insta-promote Charlotte and put her behind Xander.

You can insta-promote Niles and use him as Camilla pairup fodder, I'd rather use Keaton tho.

Felicia should be in something that gives Leo speed. Maid, Bow Knight and Hero all work.

Silas should end as a Paladin imo, but he'll be fine.

Edited by avengerfive

Don't reclass Azura lol. Especially for Lancefaire. That implies she's going to be entering combat.

Insta-promote Charlotte and put her behind Xander.

You can insta-promote Niles and use him as Camilla pairup fodder, I'd rather use Keaton tho.

Felicia should be in something that gives Leo speed. Maid, Bow Knight and Hero all work.

Silas should end as a Paladin imo, but he'll be fine.

I didn't realize Laslow was bad lol. So he should be pair up fodder for Peri and both she and Silas should go Paladin? Felicia can stay in maid forever?

Is Keaton really better for Camilla pair up fodder? I wanted to have Niles for capturing ready with the extra movement.

Azura's offensive stats are so good, I feel like she would like at least one offensive skill

Edited by Lucina's Husband

1. Approximately what level should everybody be at by end game?

2. How quickly should I do the child paralogues by? Do I do them before or after I promote the parents? Is it like Awakening where the Kids are always better than their parents and I should just pretty much replace them?

3. Are there any levels I should meet by each chapter? Do I just try to make characters match the levels of the enemies in each chapter? Or should they be higher? Any classes that will specifically come in handy for some particularly hard chapters?

4. Are there any characters who should always be placed in guard stance as pair up fodder? I'm guessing Charlotte for Xander? Do I promote her?

5. At any moment can I reclass Azura to Lance Fighter, nab Lancefair, then put her back into Songstress?

Odin is crappy, so I wouldn't bother with him as anything else besides pair up fodder for Elise, but even then, she doesn't really need a pair up fodder before promoting.

1. The only paralogue I did was 1 and by endgame I had Corrin, Camila, Niles, Leo, Xander and Kaze on level 20, with Effie, Silas and Elise over level 15. The other units were all pair up fodder, but even then, I was able to promote Beruka at level 20, so I'd say EXP isn't exactly a problem on hard.

2. You can do them whenever you want. I only did them after beating the main game.

3. I don't think so. However, if you think a unit is being too crappy and that they won't be able to catch up, just drop them (or make them pair up fodder)

4. Yeah, Charlotte is great as a pair up fodder for Xander and terrible anywhere else. Odin is also a decent pair up fodder for Elise after she promotes and bad everywhere else. Instant promote Charlotte for better results, you won't be missing anything.

5. Never reclass her

Edited by Nobody

Laslow isn't bad. He's average. Paladin>Great Knight because the +1 move. Swords and Lances are enough WTC.

Keaton's boosts are amazing. Niles will be fine if you want to capture, and the extra move is nice.

There's no point in having Azura enter combat when you can just refresh a dedicated combat unit to get another kill.

step one, level to high 1x/20

step 2, buy master seal

step 3 you have a good bow knight

Are there any skills she wants to pick up on the way there? Or maybe put her through Great Knight for Luma and strength procs?

And what classes should I put Keaton through or is he pair up fodder?

Edited by Lucina's Husband

So, I didn't read much, I'm playing through conquest hard myself atm, on chapter 17. My only regret thus far is that I didn't get mozu up sooner and swap her to archer. If I had, then I probably wouldn't have let Nyx die in chapter 10 (I'm sorry Nyx, I was just so tired of that chapter T.T). Aside from MU X Camilla the only other unit ice married thus far is Silas and Effie. Effie is probably one of my best units, I do feel like she overshadows Silas though. Aside from that I haven't been overly impressed with mages (aside from Leo) and mercenaries (Selena) have been a bit dissapointing. Archers, suprisingly, have been really good in Fates. It makes me happy that they're viable, and not some Sue like characters. I would say save your money for killing weapons,I just got access and they're great.

This is from what I've experienced in the little bit I've played. I want my first run through of Hoshido/Nohr to be free from the influence of others, so I haven't read much here at all. Once I get serious and tackle lunatic, then I might take a peek at any tier lists or the like for both games :). I hope there was something in here that helped you out!