Best Forges for the Main Game?

Avalanche

Since I'm going to start Conquest soon and barely used the feature in Birthright, I'm just curious if anyone who has played any of the 3 Routes to completion had any recommendations on what to Forge.

I usually end up forging Iron weapons and special weapons [like dual wielding sunrise katana [when my units give me like 30 of them or something outrageous]]

They're easy to get to +6 [i've tried getting to +7 but i've had no luck someone explain to me the way forging actual works] and they're pretty strong to boot [not to mention they're the neutral ones so you're not really sacrificing anything.] That's just me though.

Iron is easy to come by in-game so that's probably what you'd use for the main game. Outside of that you're going to want to forge the weapons that become blatantly broken like Subaki's Pike or the always op'd Brave weapons. Subaki's Pike double the Mt on the weapon if Skills is higher essentially means you're getting +2 for every point it increase instead of +1 if you're giving it to the right person, same with the Brave weapons. Of course since the legitimate means of obtaining these weapons can be limited in game it's not quite that simple in just picking what's best it really comes down to what you get in your playthrough.

Irons/thunders/javalin style weapons, effective weapons,lategame nos forge if you don't kidnap/breed a rally magic user, and an early steel axe forge on camilia/arthur it lets her ohko with rally str when she finally comes off full support duty in the midgame for fast rally def access (read:not pairup, just a support role) and lets him get early rally str to somewhat break the midgame (namely the ninja basement, flat ohkoing is huge there on higher difficulties if you dont want to turtle forever)

Edited by joshcja

Echoing Iron--it gets especially ridiculous if you run Rinkah and grab the smithy skill (or whatever is it in English now) because those just start raining. I have a +3 Iron Shuriken for Kaze effortlessly because of it (that and my castle makes Quartz, I wouldn't have done this otherwise)--but most of my main team outside of Takumi and Ryoma have at least one iron forge. I also made Saizou a forged Horse Spirit, though, so he can take advantage of the bonuses while doing better damage--though he's the only real frontline mage on my team.

I didn't forge Guard Naginata though--I had 3 Spear Masters so they just got one of each.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I like how people are posting a slew of birthright weapons in the conquest thread

This topic applies to all 3 Routes and generally good Forges. I only mentioned Conauest because it's the next Route im playing.

Edited by Avalanche

Forged Horse Spirit is pretty incredible because of the bonuses it already gives in the base. It's one of the weaker scrolls in terms of might but with great bonuses, so forging it makes it one of the best options, especially for slower mages like Orochi.

Also Guard Naginata for similar reasons, it's rather weak when you get to mid-game if you don't forge it.

Otherwise, iron and steel weapons are unlimited so you can't go wrong with forging those multiple times.

Edited by Chaotix