is it worth it?

StrikeZero

so i was going to start my second play through of birthright because i rushed the first one kind of so i wanna go back and play it right, normally i play swordsmen classes ( i used Mercenary then Hero and only used Yato on the first play through) so i was wondering if it was worth it to use a class that can't utilize the Yato? will that class be inferior for not being able to wield Yato?

You have to start at E rank lances, but Spear Fighter is all the rage since Basara unlocks Rend Heaven. Plus the Lancer promotes have some pretty awesome class designs and attack animations imo. Though I plan to main Dread Fighter for my MU, I think I might try out Basara or Lance Master as a final class one day.

Edited by Kanethedragon

It shouldn't be. I was Basara for ~10 chapters and there wasn't a that much of a difference for me from when I was a Hoshido Noble/Master Ninja.

You could always forge weapons if you'd like if you think there is a slight inferiority present, but just make sure to keep Yato in your inventory because of the stat boosts it gives (that is, after upgrading it).