Any reason to continue using Azura?

PlasticandRage

Im getting to the point where Im going to start promoting units, and Im looking at what Im going to end up with and have decided that Id really like another tank/front liner. The only unit on my team who I really havent done much with or been at all impressed with is Azura. Ive brought her along up to this point pretty much just to develop her pairing for a potentially decent child, but Ive just hit my S rank for her in the last battle, so I guess Im wondering if theres anything I'm missing here that would make her valuable in the later game? Other than just as a dancer, and I honestly almost always bench my dancers in favor of another indepent unit. At level 15 mine doesn't have particularly wonderful stats thatd warrant some kind of reclassing as far as Im concerned, at least not in comparison to the possibility of adding either a potentially good second generation character, maybe Silas' offspring for another mounted unit, or possibly Oboro, who Ive really wanted to use but havent really had room for up to this point. At her base recruitment level seems to have great stats, and Ive always had good luck with lancers in other games.

Azura never gets another class outside of just a reclassing right? Or any kind of special plot related ability or something?

Im getting to the point where Im going to start promoting units, and Im looking at what Im going to end up with and have decided that Id really like another tank/front liner. The only unit on my team who I really havent done much with or been at all impressed with is Azura. Ive brought her along up to this point pretty much just to develop her pairing for a potentially decent child, but Ive just hit my S rank for her in the last battle, so I guess Im wondering if theres anything I'm missing here that would make her valuable in the later game? Other than just as a dancer, and I honestly almost always bench my dancers in favor of another indepent unit. At level 15 mine doesn't have particularly wonderful stats thatd warrant some kind of reclassing as far as Im concerned, at least not in comparison to the possibility of adding either a potentially good second generation character, maybe Silas' offspring for another mounted unit, or possibly Oboro, who Ive really wanted to use but havent really had room for up to this point. At her base recruitment level seems to have great stats, and Ive always had good luck with lancers in other games.

Azura never gets another class outside of just a reclassing right? Or any kind of special plot related ability or something?

Besides Sky Knight, Azura can use a Partner Seal to gain the class of her husband. I planned on marrying Azura right from the beginning and after some advice from people here a week ago, I had my Avatar get Spear Fighter as a secondary class. Azura can benefit from Basara's Rend Heaven and Spear Master's Lancefaire for more offensive presence (as well as the class tree's Seal skills).

Of course you're not entitled to use her if you don't want to. I personally found her especially useful towards Endgame (remaining as Songstress) for when I needed to heal more units with Sakura and Jakob to minimize chances of casualties.

She does have the Sky Knight tree access as mentioned above, but also access to Shrine Maiden or Troubadour class trees as well via A+ Sakura or Elise, respectively. I forgot if A+ Hinoka gives her the Spear Fighter tree though.

Yeah I think Im benching her. She probably would have made a decent Basara, but I dont think theres any way for me to do that on this playthrough. I think with what Ive got currently either her child or Oboro as a Spearmaster will be more useful. What I'm trying for here is something as close to a knight as I can get, so Im thinking Oboro as a SM, or either Silas as a GK, or his child as a GK, depending on who ends up with better stats.

Yeah, Im about to get Sophie and she looks like shes going to be good. I think the prospect of a pair of mounted units trumps a dancer.

Edited by PlasticandRage

Of course you're not entitled to use her if you don't want to. I personally found her especially useful towards Endgame (remaining as Songstress) for when I needed to heal more units with Sakura and Jakob to minimize chances of casualties.

She does have the Sky Knight tree access as mentioned above, but also access to Shrine Maiden or Troubadour class trees as well via A+ Sakura or Elise, respectively. I forgot if A+ Hinoka gives her the Spear Fighter tree though.

Im already using both Hinoka and Sakura. Another sky knight is the last thing I need, and Im going to end up with a bunch of units who can use staffs if I need them to. Im making Hinoka a Falcon Knight, then Corrin gets staffs, Im making Azama a greatmaster, so he'll have them, and Im thinking Ill probably make Orochi an Onmyoji too. Thats plenty. More than enough to justify a unit slot for an extra heal a turn.

Or Subaki rather. Not Sakura

Edited by PlasticandRage

I've always found dancers to be invaluable on the highest difficulty and especially if there's a battle ranking system, as they allow for more strategic versatility. However, this kinda varies from game to game, depending on how maps are set up, and I have yet to see how this game is like. On easier difficulty though, you don't need them cuz you can just bum rush everything.