Bond Units - show yours off!

Damosel

For what may be the weirdest feature in the game- if two players exchange My Castle cards and throw enough accessories at each other a Bond Unit might appear. What is a Bond Unit you ask?

tumblr_o34nhjbTzo1r4k8lno1_500.jpg

tumblr_o34nhjbTzo1r4k8lno3_250.jpg

tumblr_o34nhjbTzo1r4k8lno2_500.jpg

This is bond unit that spawned when I was visiting another castle, and yes, both our Avatars are dudes- gender doesn't matter this can happen between any two Avatars. The BU got the other player's class (fighter) but my avatar's hair color and inherited one skill from each.

These BUs are completely random and never really talked about in the game. They just can happen, if you've both exchanged castle cards and throw enough accessories at each other. I wanted to make a thread where players can show any they got off!

Here's the SF page with more details.

Me and RainbowtoRosie made a bond unit together, though for some reason, she is the only one who got him.

I don't know if she would be okay with me showing the images of our bond unit.

But now I'm starting to wonder if I have any other bond units...

Edited by December Knight

i can already tell

thor was the other person right

Yep. That's Thor's "Ryouma". She got her own bond unit today too (maybe she'll share pics!)

My current Corrin is named "Marx".

Edited by Damosel

Yep. That's Thor's "Ryouma". She got her own bond unit today too (maybe she'll share pics!)

ohhh yeah i knew it

Whelp, looks like I made an idiot of myself.

#suck it

Im gonna have to wait until next week unfortunately. I will bond with my boyfriend's Corrin.

IeC9KR3.jpg

I made another one today but haven't taken their picture yet. Interestingly the unit looks different on each of our 3DSes. The one I made with my friend today has green hair, samurai skill, and this hairstyle and on my friend's 3DS he's blonde, archer, and has a shaved head.

The Bond Unit I made with Thor seems to have the same situation- small build female Corrin with different hair, color, face but the same skills. Also she can't buy them for recruitment from a Castle Fight- so maybe the game does consider them the same unit... or just anchors them to one castle.

Edited by Damosel

I'm laughing so hard this is the most surreal feature I've ever heard of

Immediately after reading this I messaged my friend screaming at him to make a baby with me. In retrospect I could have worded that better

Whelp, looks like I made an idiot of myself.

Haha it's okay

I did say I'd make Marxander and Crimson/Scarlet to S Ryoma with, so :B

But I wanted to dedicate my first run to having a really swole Rinka so I went with my favorite pair with her

ANYWAY on my end of the assbabies

tumblr_inline_o34uvk7V4l1rtdtxt_400.jpg

tumblr_inline_o34uz7gZVp1rtdtxt_400.jpg

tumblr_inline_o34v1iiHXm1rtdtxt_400.jpg

Only one partner gets a bond unit at a time--I had to also go and get Dame another accessory to get mine---though I'm not sure if it's coincidence or not that ours came out having the same base unit (Sumire) with Astra/Aptitude/Vantage.

Something to note is that Apothecary is Dame's "Marx"'s talent, while Fighter is my "Ryouma"'s.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Wait, so your Avatar was named Ryouma and it looks like Damosel's Avatar was named Marx.

Ryouma and Marx just had children together.

Thor's dedication to that pairing defies both in-game supports and human biology it seems.

Wait, so your Avatar was named Ryouma and it looks like Damosel's Avatar was named Marx.

Thor's dedication to that pairing defies both in-game supports and human biology it seems.

They will not be stopped! Not by logic, not by anything!!!!!!!

Like I said, assbabies. :P

So a friend of mine was giving glasses to another friend, when he stumbled upon this feature completely by accident: it was a bit of a shock lol. This is one of the most surreal, amazing, creepy, amazing, bizarre, and just plain out there features ever. :D

What surprises me is how there isn't more info about this out there. Trying to google for more info failed me at first, until I happened to encounter the term "bond unit" and was able to find a few threads.

I notice in this thread made last here, combinations such as Nohr x Nohr are listed. http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=57287

The page on Serenes Forest only shows Hoshido combinations. http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/bond-units/

This raises the question, though, on a Nohr campaign, are you just not allowed to use the bond units in the campaign?