FE: Fates Technical Questions

AmericanFox15

I have found myself with a SD card that is entirely too small for Fire Emblem: Fates. I'm trying to find out the minimum size of microSD card I will need to get a full game digital download and will also have room for the DLC. Does anyone know how many 3DS blocks that Birthright will take up? In addition, how many blocks do the Conquest, Revelations, and Map Pack 1 DLC take up?

i recall seeing the core download package, at least in japan, being around 3gb, but i could be wrong. this is the easiest one to confirm since the eshop tells you the file size before you confirm the purchase (remember, 1 block = 128kb). birthright, conquest and revelation were, respectively, around 97mb, 110mb and 75mb and should be comparable here. i can't quote you exact figures on the dlc, but given that the largest fe13 dlc size was in the 7mb ballpark, you shouldn't have too much to worry about with those

however, i don't think this would quite translate to a 4gb sd card. remember that the 3ds system stores a good chunk of its own data on the sd card as well, so 4gb might be risking a bit of a squeeze. 8gb should be very safe, though

I'm pretty certain a 4GB SD card will hold all of it (or at least I hope so since that's all I have). I can at least tell you that mine is only using about 12,500 blocks out of 29,000 on Conquest and Birthright combined. I think the second two games take up less space since they can reuse so many assets you've already downloaded.

Edited by Blanche Jacquestopus