Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Maybe it will be like Combee and only Females will evolve.

And perhaps it's evolution will be a Siren-like Pokemon.

Also, I'm almost sure that Male Salandits will be more common than Females.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salandit is pretty cool. I'm loving that expression, that thing knows you're afraid of it and it's enjoying it.

I'm half expecting and half fearing a female-exclusive ability that makes attract work on all pokemon now.

Gender-exclusive evolutions or Combee treatment sound more likely though. I would like to see gender differences in art again as well.

Whilst perhaps it would have been simpler if it were localised to something shorter, I don't think most people will have too much of an issue getting used to Togedemaru. Although I can appreciate that people who have trouble with trickier sounding words might feel otherwise!

Yeah, I expect most people to get used to it given time, it's not the worst thing ever. Heck from my experience people will get used to any unlocalized (and most localized) names regardless. Often with their own way to pronounce them, like me and the entire first gen lol.

Maybe I'm just salty Togedemaru wasn't localized when Tsubaki was.

The official artwork for Salandit isn't that great, but its in-game 3D model makes it look so much better! These new skills were pretty much designed to throw off the current metagame. I can see poison stalling becoming a thing again all because of this new skill.

Edited by Leif

Game Freak are really nailing the designs of the new Pokémon this game. Absolutely love the look of Salandit--both aesthetically and as a potential game-changer in competitive Pokémon. Heatrans everywhere started to cry.

And that expression in the official art. Guy knows he's a crafty little bugger, and he's loving every moment of it.

Edited by DodgeDusk

Maybe it will be like Combee and only Females will evolve.

And perhaps it's evolution will be a Siren-like Pokemon.

Also, I'm almost sure that Male Salandits will be more common than Females.

I really hope male Salandits evolve. I don't want those poor guys stuck being so small and weak.

Siren-like is possible, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of that idea either. They've got a neat little thing with the whole bandit side of its design; to just drop it seems like a waste.

Oh, I'd guarantee that males will be more common than females.

As a side note has anyone noticed how Salandit's tail lights up when it uses special moves? I think that's a neat little detail.

Another reason to use Psychic types!!!

Also, rumors because I like them:

WARNING: Rumors are posted in hopes of spurring discussion. Do not take them as legitimate information until proven otherwise.

It’s RUMOR TIME and you can probably imagine how giddy I am to be able to start up the discussion with Pokémon Sun & Moon’s November release on the Nintendo 3DS drawing nearer and nearer.
Today we have some information from Japan’s anonymous forum 2ch. Users are regarding this rumor as highly dubious but its contents made me think it would be great to talk about:
The Alola region will feature 90 new Pokémon
15 new Mega Evolutions will be revealed, but they are different or may have a different mechanic than what we’ve seen
There is a special attack gauge in battle that fills up and let’s you pull off a super-strong attack when full
More Pokémon in the “Tapu” series will be released, probably all of the islands have guardian
Lillie’s father is involved with the evil team and is either high ranking or its boss
Again, these are just rumors, but I’m very curious to hear what you’d think if there were 90 new Pokémon and if the gauge mechanic turned out to be real.
Exciting stuff!
<3 PJ

Source: http://pokejungle.net/2016/07/07/pokemon-sun-moon-rumors-2ch/

I think I saw something about Salandit being rather weak stat wise, so I think its only thing will probably be throwing Toxic at people

Another reason to use Psychic types!!!

Also, rumors because I like them:

Source: http://pokejungle.net/2016/07/07/pokemon-sun-moon-rumors-2ch/

Hmm...honestly those rumors don't seem too far-fetched.

I'm not a fan of only 90 new pokemon, but considering how many mons of other gens we've seen it would make sense.

Eh, not a fan of megas overall. Maybe this new batch will sway me.

Special attacks would explain the fifth move slot contained in the treehouse footage.

The whole Tapu thing is iffy. Every island is more than likely going to have a guardian pokemon of its own, but having them all be "Tapu X" doesn't seem very smart to me.

I could see it, but I don't feel confidant calling it one way or the other.

Interesting stuff. More than likely total BS but interesting nonetheless.

I love how, the very morning after I finish this super-monstrous team that is meant to be a total dick to people, they announce this thing.

Ooh, interesting rumors. Only 90 new Pokemon is a bit underwhelming after Professor Kukui said there were a lot of rare Pokemon in Alola, but it's not a bad number. All of them make enough sense to me though, so we'll see!

My rule is that all rumors are false unless backed by gameplay. It hasn't steered me wrong in the past. That being said, these rumors seem pretty safe, so they might be true by chance.

Salandit is neat. Poison/Fire is a cool type combination. There are so many neat 'mons this generation that I'm having trouble deciding what to use, and we haven't even seen all of them yet. I still haven't decided on what starter I should pick though.

I don't think we have a Pokemon general thread, so I'm just gonna use this until otherwise I guess?

image_zpsrmlqwdey.jpg

I'm so happy. ^-^ caught her while playing through X for the Garchompite.

Salandit is pretty damn cool. Salamanders have a lot of symbolism going on in the world of alchemy in all sorts of regions and Fire/Poison is the perfect typing for all the hyped up salamander lore. Somehow, its association with fire transcends cultures!

When you try not to look at the pictures of the new mons,you open youtube and first recommended video has salamdite as thumbnail.

And I havent watched anything pokemon related,unsubscribed from every poketuber and clicked ''not interested'' on every pokevid

I don't think we have a Pokemon general thread, so I'm just gonna use this until otherwise I guess?

image_zpsrmlqwdey.jpg

I'm so happy. ^-^ caught her while playing through X for the Garchompite.

Ooh, neat! I really like shiny Drifloon! And btw, I caught a shiny Lickitung in X myself a while back, which is also yellow. XD And it was female! I named her Banana. So we both named these female yellow shinies after a yellow food. Haha.

I just name my shinies as variants of "Sparkle"/something associated with light.

[spoiler=Touhou-themed Gen III hack]HPembi5.png

The Shiny Krabby I caught in X was "SPARKLE!" and the Shiny Linoone in AS was "Micaiah".

...I like sparkles.