Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Yeah I did, I'm a bit of an idiot with similar words sometimes.

Though that raises a question, what's it called in Japanese, and does this name have a different meaning than the chosen English name "Phase"?

That is an extremely good question! Anyone know Japanese?

This is the text for the phases. I don't trust Google Translate, but it says "Rising Phase" for Solgaleo (ライジングフェーズ) and "Full Moon Phase" for Lunaala (フルムーンフェーズ).

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/legend_01/

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/legend_02/

Edited by TrueEm

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is an extremely good question! Anyone know Japanese?

This is the text for the phases. I don't trust Google Translate, but it says "Rising Phase" for Solgaleo (ライジングフェーズ) and "Full Moon Phase" for Lunaala (フルムーンフェーズ).

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/legend_01/

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/legend_02/

I can read katakana, and that is indeed what it says.

I can read katakana, and that is indeed what it says.

Awesome, thank you!

So... "Rising Phase"! Maybe it's so after all!

Edited by TrueEm

So then it seems like there'll be more than just Full Moon and Rising phases then, perhaps a New Moon and Setting phase, though it raises the question of what they'll call the latter overseas. Dusk Phase? Dim Phase?

Just speculation though.

So then it seems like there'll be more than just Full Moon and Rising phases then, perhaps a New Moon and Setting phase, though it raises the question of what they'll call the latter overseas. Dusk Phase? Dim Phase?

Just speculation though.

We'll just have to wait and see at this point. We don't have enough information to really expand upon it.

For me, at least, it's more the concept of this one Greninja getting some super special snowflake power that just comes out of nowhere in the anime. I wouldn't be happy with it if it were "canonized" by being in the games.

I get where you're coming from here (especially since I'm anti-Greninja), but if it were in the games, it surely wouldn't be exclusive to just Greninja, I imagine. Other Pokemon would be able to take on this new form too. If somehow GameFreak could create models that would resemble your trainer regardless of how you customized them...

I get where you're coming from here (especially since I'm anti-Greninja), but if it were in the games, it surely wouldn't be exclusive to just Greninja, I imagine. Other Pokemon would be able to take on this new form too. If somehow GameFreak could create models that would resemble your trainer regardless of how you customized them...

Eh, that would be a LOT of variation. Like a LOT assuming they're adding even more trainer customization than XY. Even if it was just the hair and hat.

Anyways, Bond Phenomenon is still a completely different thing than Synchro Evolution, and I really think it'd remain Anime and spin-off only.

Edited by TrueEm

Wait, "Bond Phenomenon"? Where'd this term come from? Before, all I ever heard was "Synchro Evolution." What the hell is the difference now? >_<

But yeah, that would be a lot of variation, you're right, which is why I think it won't be in the game.

Edited by Anacybele

Wait, "Bond Phenomenon"? Where'd this term come from? Before, all I ever heard was "Synchro Evolution." What the hell is the difference now? >_<

But yeah, that would be a lot of variation, you're right, which is why I think it won't be in the game.

Bond Phenomenon is the official term for Ash-Greninja. At least in the Japanese version of XYZ.

Also I said it was Bond Phenomenon earlier in the discussion.

Again, it's not so much about Greninja as it is about giving Ash some exclusive power up that no one else has and doesn't seem to have existed prior to the anime. I wouldn't even be complaining (nearly as much) if Greninja had just gotten an anime exclusive Mega Stone, since at least those exist. Putting the Synchro Evolution or Bond Phenomenon or whatever it's called in the games now after it was already in the anime would feel like a cheap justification of its existence to me.

Again, it's not so much about Greninja as it is about giving Ash some exclusive power up that no one else has and doesn't seem to have existed prior to the anime. I wouldn't even be complaining (nearly as much) if Greninja had just gotten an anime exclusive Mega Stone, since at least those exist. Putting the Synchro Evolution or Bond Phenomenon or whatever it's called in the games now after it was already in the anime would feel like a cheap justification of its existence to me.

except it absolutely existed before and that's a plot point

there was a legendary ancient greninja from the ninja village that once activated that ability

greninja has that ability because ??? but most people assume that squishy is the cause of ash and greninja's combination

Bond Phenomenon is the official term for Ash-Greninja. At least in the Japanese version of XYZ.

Also I said it was Bond Phenomenon earlier in the discussion.

Apologies, I must've missed it somehow. But I see.

And again, it doesn't have to be exclusive to Ash and his Greninja forever if GameFreak or TPCI don't want it to be. Besides, it technically isn't exclusive to Ash if you consider the fact that Ash-Greninja WAS seen in an old stone tablet thing in the ninja village before Ash even had a Greninja (it was not long before Frogadier evolved). So someone else DID have such an ability before Ash did. Ash just wound up re-discovering it.

Edited by Anacybele

And again, it doesn't have to be exclusive to Ash and his Greninja forever if GameFreak or TPCI don't want it to be. Besides, it technically isn't exclusive to Ash if you consider the fact that Ash-Greninja WAS seen in an old stone tablet thing in the ninja village before Ash even had a Greninja (it was not long before Frogadier evolved). So someone else DID have such an ability before Ash did. Ash just wound up re-discovering it.

I think it's mainly the idea that it'll look like Ash.

I guess if it's not Ash-Greninja exactly, I'd be fine with it being in the games.

Well according to the anime, you can still beat Greninja despite the type weakness

Well according to the anime, you can still beat Greninja despite the type weakness

Oh my god, please stop with this shit. I've gone over why Ash lost- and should have lost- way too many times.

Oh my god, please stop with this shit. I've gone over why Ash lost- and should have lost- way too many times.

No, I mean, it's not impossible to beat, the anime proofs that.

I think you're missing my point on why I don't want Synchro Evolution/Bond Phenomenon. I thought it was stupid, and wouldn't want it in the game.

No, I mean, it's not impossible to beat, the anime proofs that.

To be fair, Greninja has awful defenses, and Charizard was at a much higher level than it.

Even without Anime logic, Charizard wins the matchup.

Plus having Thunder Punch which literally OHKOs doesn't hurt.

Edited by TrueEm

didn't Charizard also have Thunderpunch lol?

Greninja losing is not this terrible thing that came out of nowhere, especially now that the Team Flare arc has started and we all know how Alain and Ash are really gonna settle this

didn't Charizard also have Thunderpunch lol?

Greninja losing is not this terrible thing that came out of nowhere, especially now that the Team Flare arc has started and we all know how Alain and Ash are really gonna settle this

Kek, let's not get off topic.

Its really as simple as Synchro evolution take double damage while Mega doesnt. Mega only requires a stone. Synchro requires synchronization and stuff

The Alain battle perfectly shows it - Ash greninja outdoes MegaZardX on the entire fight. But one hit, Ash got stomachache. Another hit he got broken arms. Another and thats it

Really wonders if that is gonna get some implementation in the game

Also Greninja in game is just busted. Without Protean it would be a good offensive pokemon with nice speed tier

Protean Greninja and suddenly it hits as hard as Deoxys Attack.

I don't like how people are complaining about Ash losing either. Ash has won with type disadvantages, so why can't Alain? And Alain is not OP, he has lost battles before (against Siebold, and he likely would've lost against Steven too. He also couldn't beat Groudon or Kyogre with Charizard on his own. Mairin had to help him after he got his ass whooped!)

Alain is one of my favorite anime characters now and it makes me sad how much hate he gets. But to go more back on topic, people, I hope we see him in the games someday as a rival trainer of some sort. Maybe Mairin could tag along. Maybe they can somehow appear in Sun/Moon!

So enough anime talk, let's go back to Sun/Moon.

Edited by Anacybele

Just made a topic for that.

Pokemon news is pretty much all I'm expecting- there isn't really anything else major coming to the system this year (unless Ninty has something they've held back talking about).

For time-zone conversions, that's 8 am mountain time/9 am central time/10 am eastern time. If you live outside of the US, sorry; google it.

Edited by The DanMan