Peri as Xander's retainer

BruceLee

Having your mom killed doesn't mean you can go killing other people. If that support is supposed to make me sympathize with her then it's not working.

It disturbs me that the writers actually wrote this character the way they did.

>Yeah I can see Peri isn't for everyone

I already said, Peri isn't for everyone. And yes you don't go killing other people but did you even read the rest? Her father never stopped her. She was never stopped, she had free reign to kill anyone who looked at her weirdly, her own father figure let her massacre servants. It goes for the real world, people kill because there are times where they were never led into the straight path or they grew up in the wrong up bringing.

Do you have to sympathize? No, but there was a reason why Peri has such bloodlust and all I did was to post it to show other poster who never saw her support with Laslow and might wonder why she has an intense love for bloodlust.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with this. Peri is, without question, a broken character. But her character is broken to be broken; it's intentional. I will admit she can potentially do a good deal of damage to others in the process depending on how the player looks at it. That said, I do tend to gravitate to weird, crazy characters in anime and games. I'm looking forward to "meeting" her in Conquest.

For what it's worth, my brother hated her so much that he deliberately bumped her off--and she has an alternate spelling of our maternal grandparents' last name. She's definitely not for everyone.

HAHAHAHA!

I dislike characters but, for some reason, I can't kill them even though I dislike them. It makes me feel like I've failed if all my units aren't there by the time I finish my game.

Besides, they deserve to be alive and benched so they realize how inadequate they are in comparison to their superior teammates.

HAHAHAHA!

I dislike characters but, for some reason, I can't kill them even though I dislike them. It makes me feel like I've failed if all my units aren't there by the time I finish my game.

Besides, they deserve to be alive and benched so they realize how inadequate they are in comparison to their superior teammates.

I have no issues with killing off characters I don't like. Peri reclassed to corpse in the chapter I got her. Among a few others.

How cruel. Being benched is a fate far worse than death for a Fire Emblem character lol

Well at least she can spend her days with the lame children characters that I'll never use, like her son, Siegbert :)

How cruel. Being benched is a fate far worse than death for a Fire Emblem character lol

Well at least she can spend her days with the lame children characters that I'll never use, like her son, Siegbert :)

Aw, you thought Seiggy was lame? LOL.

I liked him but my Seigbert just kept. Getting. BODIED.

He would not stay alive no matter what I did. He was in his awesome Paladin armor he jacked from his daddy and he was ready to fight. But he just kept getting slaughtered on the enemy turn. He never lasted for more than two turns.

I could just feel Xander's disappointment.

He would not stay alive no matter what I did. He was in his awesome Paladin armor he jacked from his daddy and he was ready to fight. But he just kept getting slaughtered on the enemy turn. He never lasted for more than two turns.

"Child, I named you after the strongest thing I know. My wife was right. Your name should have been Admiral Wolverine Lightningbolt instead."

lol. I'm still wondering how someone as beautiful as Xander managed to have a son so... lame. I mean Ryoma's son turned out okay, but then we have mullet man over here. What the hell happened? The only possible explanation is Peri genes

lol. I'm still wondering how someone as beautiful as Xander managed to have a son so... lame. I mean Ryoma's son turned out okay, but then we have mullet man over here. What the hell happened? The only possible explanation is Peri genes

oi are you implying mullets make people unattractive

ms0f9l.gif

i will FIGHT YOU OVER THIS

I have no issues with killing off characters I don't like. Peri reclassed to corpse in the chapter I got her. Among a few others.

I would too if she wasn't a decent mom stat wise.

Charlotte must have trash genes too because that was his mother.

Speaking of Ryoma's son, I've been visiting people's My Castle and like everyone has Rinka as his mother. I thought it was funny.

Am I the only one planning on pairing Ryoma with Mozu?

Charlotte must have trash genes too because that was his mother.

Speaking of Ryoma's son, I've been visiting people's My Castle and like everyone has Rinka as his mother. I thought it was funny.

I'm paring Ryoma with his true love, Xander.

I feel that while Peri has some fine qualities in character (please don't ask me what they are) she's just not someone I'd personally care to stand nearby for too long. Admittedly she is rather charming for a kill crazed personality—probably due to her noble upbringing?

Xander is a... pretty morally flexible guy so I guess it's not too out of place.

I think Pieri would be a bad subordinate just because she's unpredictable. You have maids and butlers fighting in your army. Isn't it a problem if she tries to kill your own soldiers?

This guy gets it.

Pair her with Jakob, so that they can annoy each other and leave everyone else alone.

Mfw I give characters I don't like terrible spouses to punish them.

ms0f9l.gif

(thanks for the gif Ebony)

Xander's moral standards change to whatever the writers decide is better at the moment (for example he claims there's no such thing as justice or any real right and wrong despite saving the Hoshido royals because kidnapping them is wrong), so are you really surprised they'd decide to make Peri his retainer? Seriously, she would've made more sense as Camilla's.

Xander's moral standards change to whatever the writers decide is better at the moment (for example he claims there's no such thing as justice or any real right and wrong despite saving the Hoshido royals because kidnapping them is wrong), so are you really surprised they'd decide to make Peri his retainer? Seriously, she would've made more sense as Camilla's.

I agree. I know they were trying to give each Awakening character a royal but, like, if they swapped Peri for Beruka or Luna, it would have been better. I just felt Xander would have more...mannerable...retainers, whereas we all know Camilla herself has some interesting tendencies and probably wouldn't mind the same trait in her protectors.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Mfw I give characters I don't like terrible spouses to punish them.

ms0f9l.gif

(thanks for the gif Ebony)

HOW DARE YOU USE MY HUSBANDO AGAINST ME

tumblr_nc0vomJS6H1r27qtao1_500.gif

On Peri again - I read her support with Velouria.

Not actually as bad as I'd have expected tbh...

Still doesn't seem to fit Xander as a retainer but... what is done is done, I suppose.

Pair her with Jakob, so that they can annoy each other and leave everyone else alone.

Thats...really unkind to Jakob. Considering Peri's whole deal, thats like...borderline crack pairing. Even im not that mean.

Yes. Why do that to the lobster?

Thats...really unkind to Jakob. Considering Peri's whole deal, thats like...borderline crack pairing. Even im not that mean.

Jakob reminds me of a co-worker I used to have; the kind that acts like an arse to everyone he works with, but is all smiles and ice-cream whenever his boss enters the room and always gets away with it because the boss likes him (I actually quit because the work environment was so toxic), so it's at least partially me venting my real-life rage and partially me not being willing to marry Peri to anybody I actually like.

Edited by Phillius

Xander is a... pretty morally flexible guy so I guess it's not too out of place.

Morally flexible... I'm gonna start using that phrase now XD

I also think Peri makes Xander look bad, but he clearly doesn't seem to mind. And their A support totally sounded like Xander came up with some bs to cover up the fact that he actually wanted Peri as a waifu. He's also way too indulgent towards her. So Xander, you get what you asked for.

Also, lmao at Siegbert's cotton-candy blue mullet

Interesting, I thought Kagero!Shiro would be more common.

Well, Rinkah does give him the class he needs the most, although it's kinda doing a disservice to Shiro and I personally don't like Shiro with light-colored hair.

I support u there; Mozu does give Shiro a hair color that's really close to his canon one (which looks great on him), and this pairing's support is pretty cute. Ryoma's mine though, so ladies, you can't have him

Edited by Tsuky

Morally flexible... I'm gonna start using that phrase now XD

I also think Peri makes Xander look bad, but he clearly doesn't seem to mind. And their A support totally sounded like Xander came up with some bs to cover up the fact that he actually wanted Peri as a waifu. He's also way too indulgent towards her. So Xander, you get what you asked for.

Also, lmao at Siegbert's cotton-candy blue mullet

Honestly the only character I can set Peri up with without regrets is probably Hinata.

Cute support, not involving murder... A+

Also serious faced Hisame with her hair.

So, we've already covered most of the important aspects, and since I'm off to England a few thousand kilometers away from London, I'll just include one of Pieri's face-touching lines:

"Look at my tits, they're huge!." - Pieri

Good job, Xander.

Edited by Thane

So, we've already covered most of the important aspects, and since I'm off to England a few thousand kilometers away from London, I'll just include one of Pieri's face-touching lines:

Good job, Xander..

wait what

She actually says that?

... welp.

i1uGp.gif

Good job, Xander..

Ah, now we know what kind of "caliber" and "quality" Xander was looking for