Recommended Method of getting all 12 skills for a unit?

Deviddo

So each class earns 2 skills, and assuming the unit can promote into two different classes, they can earn up to 6 on a single class branch.

But what if I wanted even more?

What if I wanted to get the 6 skills from the alternate classes as well as the 6 in their normal class branch? Is there a recommended time to reclass/promote so you use the least amount of seals as possible?

if i remember correctly as soon as you reclass a unit it gains the skills it retroactively would've learned.

so for example you get.. say Saizou up to Master Ninja and decide to reclass him to Trueblade or whatever the promoted Samurai class is. He would get all the skills in the Samurai class tree he would've learned otherwise.

so you only need like, what, two seals i think

IIRC if you reclass you keep the same level as were before you reclassed so you get all the skills retroactively

edit: don't take my word for it though this is only what i remember

Edited by Havel The Goddamn Rock

You can't 'unpromote' in this game like you could in Awakening, but you can use a Heart Seal anytime between level 10 and level 18 unpromoted to get your other branch's skills, promote once you have them, then use Heart Seals at 15, 17 and 19, then use an Eternal Seal to allow you to get to 21 to learn the 12th skill.

At this point you can reclass to one of the DLC classes to learn their four skills, if you want.

Edited by Radiant Dragon