Well, I guess I'm done for now...

Anacybele

If you've any weak units in your line up, Scarlet/Reina as ferries can allow you to mitigate far more damage than any staff-wielder could (though Silence applied properly would do wonders in your specified case). I'd never turn down a ferry unit just because "I already have one". I'd want as many as slots allow.

Edited by Butterfly Pink

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us know when you beat it then. Just be sure you're fielding the units that will give you the best chance of success.

When I did it on Hard/Classic, I fielded only MaMU and Sophie. Of course, I'd been doin' this strat' so long that Sophie was grossly over-leveled and capable of handling the map with Guard Stance support and good unit placement. Also, due to only using units I knew could survive, I never had to reset because of accidental deaths.

I realize this is not the case for you, but don't think you need to fill every unit slot. If a unit keeps dying or isn't pulling its weight, drop it. If one couple, always in Guard Stance, can beat the mission on a higher difficulty, then you can do it with whatever amount of units maximizes your chance of success, whether that's 15 or 2.

TakumixSetsuna did make several missions laughably easy, but once I got Kiragi I stopped using them.

I eventually gave up on getting all of the children, and chose instead to just beat the game so I could move on to Conquest. 'sides, Revelations will be final save anyway, so I might as well save all my desire to grind for that.

I wonder, once I've completed all three routes on Hard, which I'll dare to play on Insane.

Okay, none of these maids in chapter 25 have any staves/rods at all, let alone one called Entrap. Either this maid you guys were talking about appears later or she only exists on higher difficulties. I'm playing normal mode.

Okay, none of these maids in chapter 25 have any staves/rods at all, let alone one called Entrap. Either this maid you guys were talking about appears later or she only exists on higher difficulties. I'm playing normal mode.

I don't think the one with Entrap was a maid. I played Birthright on Normal/Casual, and I did see someone with an Entrap rod. She just never used it.

It was a Strategist that had an entrap iirc, at least on Lunatic. Staves like that also have hit rates, so sometimes they'll miss.

I have used it to purposefully get Ryouma drawn in so he can just stomp everything though

What? Someone said before that it was a maid that had it. I remember them saying "ENTRAP MAID" to be specific. But I have to start over again anyway... These magic users keep fucking Ike over despite fairly low chances of hitting him. Maybe I shouldn't use him on this map.

Edited by Anacybele

What? Someone said before that it was a maid that had it. I remember them saying "ENTRAP MAID" to be specific. But I have to start over again anyway... These magic users keep fucking Ike over despite fairly low chances of hitting him. Maybe I shouldn't use him on this map.

The person may of made an assumption that it was a maid. I'm pretty certain however, that it wasn't a maid. I do believe it's a strategist even on Normal.

Group apologies for the accidental mis-information then.

It's okay, thanks for correcting me. I might've ended up making an even worse mistake if it wasn't for that.

I miss Ike being dodgy with everything, man... I used to not have to worry about him even around a bunch of mages because he would just dodge everything and then kill everything, in both PoR and RD. Once or twice I got unlucky, but still. Hit rates sure work differently these days than in Tellius.

EDIT: OH. LOL the guy with Entrap is the horseback staff guy I've been killing on turn 1 because he's RIGHT in front of my party behind the three generals that I also kill on turn 1. That's a stupid place to put an Entrap user. lol

Edited by Anacybele

In Lunatic there's another one in the Berserker room, but I'm not sure if that one exists in Normal.

There are entrap maids in other chapters, so that could be where the mixup comes from. I know the ones in 25 and 27 are Strategists, though.

Ah, I see.

Well, I figured out something and am now through with the chapter. I'm coming for Xander next. And I hate him, so I'd love to have Ryoma crit the shit out of him just like he did Hans and Iago. Or Ike can kill him, doesn't matter. :P I could end up having to use Subaki on him in the end as well though, because he's got the horseslayer. I'll make sure to pair one of my guys with him. He's also a flier, so he's got good movement too.

...Xander should be weak to the horseslayer, right? He does ride a horse.

Ah, I see.

Well, I figured out something and am now through with the chapter. I'm coming for Xander next. And I hate him, so I'd love to have Ryoma crit the shit out of him just like he did Hans and Iago. Or Ike can kill him, doesn't matter. :P I could end up having to use Subaki on him in the end as well though, because he's got the horseslayer. I'll make sure to pair one of my guys with him. He's also a flier, so he's got good movement too.

Why don't you like Xander?! Why do you hate him??

But yes, Xander should be weak to the horseslayer. He's weak to the Hunter's bow, which is good against horse-riders as well.

Because I felt he made Corrin feel like a living lie and he's ignorant and blind to reality. He KNEW she had been kidnapped from Hoshido and never bothered to try returning her home to the family that loved and missed her all those years. And even when Corrin tried to tell him what Garon was really up to, he doesn't listen. He just attacks her when she chooses to side with Hoshido.

Maybe he's better in Conquest, but in Birthright, he's terrible, imo. I also don't like his design much.

But thanks, glad to know he is weak to the horseslayer.

Ah, I see.

He's weak to standard anti beast stuff, so yeah, Beast Killer is fine. Still, Normal mode Xander is pretty easy. He was slow enough for my Corrin to double and 1 turn clear the chapter with no tonics or pair ups.

Look man I made Ryoma kill Xander too but it's for a tragic romance\shot

Raijinto is fine, honestly. Even on Lunatic Xander has trouble hitting Ryoma on Ryoma's phase, so even if Ryoma doesn't proc a crit or Astra (mine Proc'd Astra) it's still a free hit for him.

And now Xander just killed his own sister because he wouldn't listen. See, he's a stupid idiot. Elise is the only Nohr character I like a lot too. Looks like whether or not I played Birthright or Conquest, I'd see one of my favorite characters die (Ryoma no doubt dies in Conquest). But now I wonder if Ryoma behaves similarly in Conquest to Xander in Birthright. I would hope not, but if he does, that's just terrible. :(

But wait, how can I have anyone that's not Corrinetta attack Xander at all? The doors to the room that they're in are impassable and fliers can't go over the walls.

Edited by Anacybele

Xander is a sad broken man with a lot on his plate. Please be nice to poor butter noodle.

You can get into that room with a door key. Or someone with locktouch. bust those generals down, send in a ninja (or former ninja, I picked dark flier Saizo) and Ryoma goes right in.

Ah, I see. I may not need that though, Corrinetta has more str, speed, AND def than Xander lololol. And def is her bane!

When did people start calling the Avatar "Corrinetta"?

Yeah, it's really kinda easy to out-do Xander, considering it's set up so normally you'd simply be fighting Avatar VS Xander.

Conquest spoilers ahead. Just a warning:

There's the same thing against Ryoma in Conquest (Except he's harder, due to it being Conquest). Except you don't kill him there. He kills himself after you beat him and you refuse to finish him off despite orders. A samurai is not supposed to be captured, after all. The Samurai commits suicide to prevent that from happening. (At least if I remember things right in history. I do know Ryoma says he is performing a Samurai's last duty)

Edited by Fallaner

That's her Corn's name. They're name-able, yaknow

[spoiler=xander character related meta warning]

There's a evidence that Xander is suicidal (JP Xander/Nyx), and Elise's death pushed him over the edge. So in conjunction with his very mediocre stats as a boss, it's implied he simply just let you kill him there.

Edited by Thor Odinson

That's her Corn's name. They're name-able, yaknow

[spoiler=xander character related meta warning]

There's a evidence that Xander is suicidal (JP Xander/Nyx), and Elise's death pushed him over the edge. So in conjunction with his very mediocre stats as a boss, it's implied he simply just let you kill him there.

Ah, I didn't realize she named her that. I am aware they are nameable! I named mine Thalia.

Well, he certainly does seem to let you win. Like really, especially as Thalia/Corinetta/the Avatar will basically seem to say that. Also considering how i'm pretty sure he's supposed to be about on par with Ryoma story-wise, and Ryoma is a bit harder at his equivalent part (though I may have been a bit higher in level than expected, as I had used an Eternal Seal and THEN still capped my level by that point, if I remember right) so his stats being so low could be argued as like a reflection of the fact he's letting you win.