Well, I guess I'm done for now...

Anacybele

Shining Bow, being a bow (and not a Yumi) is Conquest and Revelation exclusive, yes.

It is indeed great for a magic user.

Also, why do you use jokey names? What sense is there for jokey names?

Because I can't be assed to think up real names. Might as well have a little bit of fun. AssSmacker +1 is still my favorite.

I mean I named my Corn Ryouma (really for the S Rinkah) the dialogue is already hilarious anyway

"RYOUMA, COME BACK TO NOHR!"

Edited by Thor Odinson

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, see, it sounds like I'd have a lot of problems in Conquest. xP

It's really not too too bad. Certain levels may have you restart a lot but with a little luck you can push through. I had some bad level ups starting off but towards the end I was still able to field competitive units. And the level design and gameplay was simply fantastic. Chapter 10 is one of my favorite chapters in the series. I played on hard classic

Edited by Shadow Knight

To be fair, Xander is more restrained than Ryoma during the choice scene. Ryoma would rather see you dead than not with Hoshido, Xander wants you back and really doesn't want to kill you. But...

I did hear about this, and it's the only thing Ryoma does that I don't like at all so far. But I guess this is where that saying "nobody's perfect" comes in. Xander just does a number of things I hate.

I did hear about this, and it's the only thing Ryoma does that I don't like at all so far. But I guess this is where that saying "nobody's perfect" comes in. Xander just does a number of things I hate.

I've only finished conquest so far and am on chapter 10 of birthright so Idk how bad Xander is in that game. But in conquest he is honorable for the most part.

Ryoma does do one thing in conquest that ticks me off, but I won't mention what

If you like Ryoma, I would actually recommend Conquest to get a fuller picture of his character.

[spoiler=Conquest] He didn't kill himself just to preserve a samurai's honor; there's more at play in that chapter.

Allow me to offer a defense for Ryoma: can you honestly blame him for being angrier than Xander in the decision scene after you brought a sword into Hoshido that killed Mikoto and many civilians, took the Yato (a Hoshidan treasure), and just decided to side with the people trying to take over his country? It would actually be terrible writing if he didn't rage at you. Xander and Ryoma are in placed in different situations here, so it's pretty unfair to compare their reactions in the decision scene.

I've only finished conquest so far and am on chapter 10 of birthright so Idk how bad Xander is in that game. But in conquest he is honorable for the most part.

Ryoma does do one thing in conquest that ticks me off, but I won't mention what

Ah, Xander's honor... That nice and long discussion in the "Least Favorite Characters" thread.

I'm pretty sure I know what you are talking about, but meh, I (and others) have expanded on this issue many times already, so I'm too tired to repeat it here. I'm just gonna say upfront to the OP that I don't think Ryoma did anything wrong in that instance; in fact, I loved that piece of characterization for him in Conquest. You can decide for yourself should you ever decide to play/watch others play Conquest.

Edited by Tsuky

If you like Ryoma, I would actually recommend Conquest to get a fuller picture of his character.

[spoiler=Conquest] He didn't kill himself just to preserve a samurai's honor; there's more at play in that chapter.

Allow me to offer a defense for Ryoma: can you honestly blame him for being angrier than Xander in the decision scene after you brought a sword into Hoshido that killed Mikoto and many civilians, took the Yato (a Hoshidan treasure), and just decided to side with the people trying to take over his country? It would actually be terrible writing if he didn't rage at you. Xander and Ryoma are in placed in different situations here, so it's pretty unfair to compare their reactions in the decision scene.

Ah, Xander's honor... That nice and long discussion in the "Least Favorite Characters" thread.

I'm pretty sure I know what you are talking about, but meh, I (and others) have expanded on this issue many times already, so I'm too tired to repeat it here. I'm just gonna say upfront to the OP that I don't think Ryoma did anything wrong in that instance; in fact, I loved that piece of characterization for him in Conquest. You can decide for yourself should you ever decide to play/watch others play Conquest.

Oh no, I like it bc it fit his character and made him more interesting. But from a moral standpoint I didn't like it. Which made me feel all the better when I stabbed him with my sword.

Well, when you put it like this, I guess you have a good point. Huh...

Oh no, I like it bc it fit his character and made him more interesting. But from a moral standpoint I didn't like it. Which made me feel all the better when I stabbed him with my sword.

Ah, I see. I have somewhat different moral expectations for those involved in a war, so I guess it's whatever you find to be acceptable. But if I were in his shoes, I would've probably done the same thing and not feel bad about it :P

Well, when you put it like this, I guess you have a good point. Huh...

Glad you think the same way :)

Ah, I see. I have somewhat different moral expectations for those involved in a war, so I guess it's whatever you find to be acceptable. But if I were in his shoes, I would've probably done the same thing and not feel bad about it :P

Same, tbh. I find in these kind of situations we need to put ourselves as bystanders aside and see from those character's pov and get into their heads for it. It's a pretty lose-lose situation for him as well.

But since I've yelled about this too many times even during pre-localization I'm basically pretty sick of the topic and don't wanna deal with people anymore about it lmao

I don't hate it for being practical. Taking out a healer is very intelligent and tbh I would have done the same. But he wasn't aiming at taking Elise out bc of her being a healer, he was leveraging her to force Kamui to come back that's what really bothers me to an extent.

In his position I would have done the same. Especially in conquest where you need every healer you can get.

Tbf I am of course biased, Elise was essentially my little sister for 27 chapters. When I got the chance to face Sakura I cut her down in 5 turns:p

Edited by Shadow Knight

Hardly. He was there to pick a fight. Kamui doesn't want to fight. He presents Kamui with a solution that, from his position as basically king and leader of the Hoshidan army, would be the only reasonable way to not fight Kamui since his army is here and rearing for a fight (he can't reasonably back down now that he's there, unless Kamui is no longer the enemy) Kamui doesn't take that offer. He goes back to the original goal: fight.

But I dont' want to get too detailed into the mentality behind Ryouma and what his position is considering it's a huge derail. PM me if you want more details.

Hardly. He was there to pick a fight. Kamui doesn't want to fight. He presents Kamui with a solution that, from his position as basically king and leader of the Hoshidan army, would be the only reasonable way to not fight Kamui since his army is here and rearing for a fight (he can't reasonably back down now that he's there, unless Kamui is no longer the enemy) Kamui doesn't take that offer. He goes back to the original goal: fight.

But I dont' want to get too detailed into the mentality behind Ryouma and what his position is considering it's a huge derail. PM me if you want more details.

But Kamui did not want the fort, he just wanted medicine. Ryoma had no reason to fight in the first place because he would not have lost the fort. In fact, considering he was willing to give up the fort just to get Kamui is a horrible decision even in practical terms. And then he threatens him with his sword.

I don't feel like debating this too much either. I'm war weary like yourself. The spoiler's just for why I think the way I do. All the best

Okay, about to do chapter 27. I see a Berserker with Counter, a Maid with Countermagic, another Entrap guy, and Garon can make your stats take a hit after attacking him. Also takes half damage from everything, it seems. :/

Anything else I should know? Or any tips? Glad I have 2-range guys in Ike and Ryoma for those Counter people...

Okay, about to do chapter 27. I see a Berserker with Counter, a Maid with Countermagic, another Entrap guy, and Garon can make your stats take a hit after attacking him. Also takes half damage from everything, it seems. :/

Anything else I should know? Or any tips? Glad I have 2-range guys in Ike and Ryoma for those Counter people...

Corrinetta's Blazing Yato does 75% damage to Garon instead of 50%, so she'll be doing better damage than others.

Attack Garon with the Avatar. Your fully evolved Yato (on any path) only takes a 1/4 damage hit instead of 1/2 when it comes to Dragonskin.

Personally I tried focus firing Garon and ignoring his mage and maid guard once the rest of the guys were down. However, this took a bit of luck to proc a damage skill. Reinforcements are minimal so you can definitely turtle and Garon NEVER moves, nor do his mage or maid.

Back to paying attention in my college pre-calc class.

Edited by Fallaner

Ah, right, forgot to take that newly powered up Yato into account. But it doesn't look like the Yato Corrin uses in Smash, and I thought that was supposed to be Yato's final form?

Thanks, btw.

Edited by Anacybele

Ah, right, forgot to take that newly powered up Yato into account. But it doesn't look like the Yato Corrin uses in Smash, and I thought that was supposed to be Yato's final form?

Thanks, btw.

Yato has 7 forms. 2 unique for each path (Noble and Blazing for Birthright, Grim and Shadow for Conquest, Alpha and Omega for Revelation) and the normal.

Corrin in Smash uses Revelation's final form. The Omega Yato.

This version is empowered by all 4 divine weapons at once and is also the game's Fire Emblem.

But as you play Birthright right now, your final form is Blazing Yato. Storyline wise it's impossible for you to get Shadow or Omega. Or even Alpha.

The forms are exclusive for each path in a rather clever way.

Edited by Fallaner

You didn't need to post that spoiler... >_>

But I see. Thanks.

I notice the Counter/Vengeance Berserker's skills, but not his Brave Axe... Proof that my apparently high attention span is selective. Ugh.

You didn't need to post that spoiler... >_>

But I see. Thanks.

I notice the Counter/Vengeance Berserker's skills, but not his Brave Axe... Proof that my apparently high attention span is selective. Ugh.

Apologies for the Spoiler then. I tend to forget some people will read them even when I spoiler tag them.

At least you pay attention to skills. I more often than not forget too.

Yeah, I guess it is good that I paid attention to the skills.

But the fact that this Brave Axe Berserker could take out Ike in one turn is troubling. Ike is my tankiest unit. Seriously, he has higher defense than anybody else in my squad, including Great Knight Silas over here. Ike has 33 def, Silas has 31, then Rinkah is in third with 29. Although, the Berserker WAS required to get at least two Vengeance triggers to actually kill Ike. But obviously, I don't want to risk that again. So I'll think of something else here.

Yeah, I guess it is good that I paid attention to the skills.

But the fact that this Brave Axe Berserker could take out Ike in one turn is troubling. Ike is my tankiest unit. Seriously, he has higher defense than anybody else in my squad, including Great Knight Silas over here. Ike has 33 def, Silas has 31, then Rinkah is in third with 29. Although, the Berserker WAS required to get at least two Vengeance triggers to actually kill Ike. But obviously, I don't want to risk that again. So I'll think of something else here.

How about a ranged kill of the Berserker? If you could damage him at range first, another person may be able to get a kill before he could counter.

If you have a lance user, you could always give them the dual nagita and throw them just barely in range of the berserker to lure him towards you, while keeping everyone else out of range nearby. The dual naginata makes the berserker's hit rates shaky, so it won't be too much of a problem and if he lives, which he probably will, just kill him with everyone else.

I beat birthright on hard last week. I think I lost the first time I attempted this match too haha. What I did the second time was rush and killed hans ASAP and won. All you need to do is kill Hans I think? His side hoes are way too OP. Playing Conquest on hard RN and Im on Chapter 23. Conquest is a pain in the ass xD

I beat birthright on hard last week. I think I lost the first time I attempted this match too haha. What I did the second time was rush and killed hans ASAP and won. All you need to do is kill Hans I think? His side hoes are way too OP. Playing Conquest on hard RN and Im on Chapter 23. Conquest is a pain in the ass xD

We're way past that point, mate.

Chapter 27 now.