Onmyoji Kinu and Dark Flier Caeldori

NekoKnight

Hey guys, I'm thinking of running an Onmyoji Kinu and Dark Flier Caeldori but I'm wondering about how viable they can be. I did some number crunching and with the most magical of mothers, Orochi (65% growth), they come out to 40% magic growth. This is....low for any class that hopes to be a mage (beating out only Odin who everyone seems to agree is terrible). Not only that but their base magic stat is pretty underwhelming. Is a magical Kinu or Caeldori a pipe dream? Are they just bad children in general?

You're better off keeping Selkie as a Nine-Tails, even though it's worth dipping into Basara to pick up Rend Heaven. As a minor correction, Orochi has 80% Magic growth. That's just me, though.

Edited by ChaosGallade

Shockstick abuse is a thing, you know… those have really high might, even more-so when forged. Makes use of the natural lance rank too.

Anyways, a +MAG/-LCK Dark Knight Avatar has a 55% growth rate (45% personal +10% class) and I did fairly well with that in Birthright. Orochi!Caeldori Dark Flier has a 55% growth rate as well (40% personal +15% class).

The larger catch would probably be bases and un-promoted levels beforehand… although Dark Flier does come with a base 7 Magic, so that helps a lot, and Caeldori has a personal level 10/0 base of 3 magic.

Keep in mind that Caeldori has Prodigy… if you're running Orochi Caeldori, she probably has pretty bad STR growth, and there are lots of physical enemies out there… so Caeldori is probably getting a +4 damage boost to her offenses most of the time… +4 physical/magical…. so getting Prodigy activations could help out significantly there.

Hey guys, I'm thinking of running an Onmyoji Kinu and Dark Flier Caeldori but I'm wondering about how viable they can be. I did some number crunching and with the most magical of mothers, Orochi (65% growth), they come out to 40% magic growth. This is....low for any class that hopes to be a mage (beating out only Odin who everyone seems to agree is terrible). Not only that but their base magic stat is pretty underwhelming. Is a magical Kinu or Caeldori a pipe dream? Are they just bad children in general?

People think Odin/Owain is terrible?

He's great for me, but I have him as a Swordmaster...

A 40% magic growth really doesn't sound all THAT bad to me, as the stat growth percentages seem a lot lower in this game. As it's a second gen child, you can probably also get them Aptitude legitimately from My Castle and bump that up to 50%. It may take some work, but it's probably possible.

If you really want a mage Selkie, her best mom is Orochi. She's the only kid with a good base magic growth that can survive Orochi's 15% speed.

As a diviner she will have a a 50% speed growth and a 55% magic growth. All her stats except HP and DEF are great.

You're better off keeping Selkie as a Nine-Tails, even though it's worth dipping into Basara to pick up Rend Heaven. As a minor correction, Orochi has 80% Magic growth. That's just me, though.%

65% is her base growth rate without her class bonus factored in (same with Selkie and Caeldori at 40%)

Anyways, a +MAG/-LCK Dark Knight Avatar has a 55% growth rate (45% personal +10% class) and I did fairly well with that in Birthright. Orochi!Caeldori Dark Flier has a 55% growth rate as well (40% personal +15% class).

The larger catch would probably be bases and un-promoted levels beforehand… although Dark Flier does come with a base 7 Magic, so that helps a lot, and Caeldori has a personal level 10/0 base of 3 magic.

+Magic Kamui has base 7 magic at level 1, Kinu/Selkie have base 3 magic at level 10 unless I'm mistaken.

I want to believe these characters are doable, especially seeing what Thor did with Rinka but these bases/growths are hard to work with.

Yes, that's true: +MAG Kamui does have an absurdly better base….

Have you considered Sakura!Caeldori? Less magic, actually, but gets more STR and SPD than from Orochi, and I'd guess Prodigy would still trigger for both of them, offsetting some of the lower stats…..

I had considered Sakura for the most balanced Str/Mg that isn't from the Avatar but it would mean low growths on both stats...

Currently it's looking like Sakura!Caeldori and Orochi!Kinu

For Orochi!Kinu, if she used an Omyoji A ranked Orochi pair up, she'd get a bonus 5 magic but Sakura is too good to waste on pair up fodder.

Maybe tonics, food and boosters will be necessary as well. It looks like this will take a lot of pampering to set up.