Starting to feel frustrated with leveling everyone up...

SkyknightXi

And when I say everyone, I mean EVERYONE. I do not like leaving characters to gather dust, so my unit choice is always "whoever is lowest in experience" (promotes like Reina are considered to have a level 20 higher than is listed). My way of trying to make everyone commensurate.

Only I'm starting to feel like I'm entering a landscape of bland at the 11/0 mark. I suppose it's the promise of no new skills until 20/5, but...the low amount of experience gained from Challenges (doing the Birthright scenario, Casual) doesn't help much. Then again, my compulsive need to clear the menu of Challenges before taking on the next chapter is probably a factor as well. For the record, I'm at ch. 12; I'm not entirely sure if things will pick up after this. (Is everyone L11-14 normal for that point, or did I overdo the Challenge-cleansing?)

{sigh} I don't even know how I'm going to avoid leaving characters to stagnate in the Conquest scenario...

And when I say everyone, I mean EVERYONE. I do not like leaving characters to gather dust, so my unit choice is always "whoever is lowest in experience" (promotes like Reina are considered to have a level 20 higher than is listed). My way of trying to make everyone commensurate.

Only I'm starting to feel like I'm entering a landscape of bland at the 11/0 mark. I suppose it's the promise of no new skills until 20/5, but...the low amount of experience gained from Challenges (doing the Birthright scenario, Casual) doesn't help much. Then again, my compulsive need to clear the menu of Challenges before taking on the next chapter is probably a factor as well. For the record, I'm at ch. 12; I'm not entirely sure if things will pick up after this. (Is everyone L11-14 normal for that point, or did I overdo the Challenge-cleansing?)

{sigh} I don't even know how I'm going to avoid leaving characters to stagnate in the Conquest scenario...

In regards to leaving characters to stagnate... Impossible. XP is limited in Conquest.

Without buying DLC or making everyone inferior to the enemy and thus making your game pretty much unwinnable, you will have a core team and leave pretty much everyone else behind.

I didn't grind in Birthright (saved that until Revelation. Thalia is thus a level 80 Great Lord and has full stat caps), so I just went with whatever level I ended up at.

Impossible. Yes you cannot rely on a single unit to beat every mission, but you also cannot treat everybody to xp. You have to specialize and pick certain favorites and level them up in order to cover your weaknesses.

To echo what everyone is saying, Exp in Conquest is limited. You only get the main Chapters, Invasions and the Child Paralogues to earn Experience in. By Endgame, you can deploy 16 units, so form your A Team around that number. Depending on your difficulty, feel free to raise a few more (on Normal) or less (on Hard or Lunatic)