New Nintendo Direct on March 3rd

DragonLord

I only caught the end of the Direct, but the only thing that I am excited about is the SNES Virtual Console. So many good games on that system that can be brought back through that again. Other than that the rest was eh to me. No other games really caught my eye.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised there's been little talk on Hyrule Warriors Legends, it might be better suited for its own thread but I'll hold off for now [/s]so I can beg again for unused codes to unlock it on the Wii U version[/s]

I'm not surprised Medli was added to it, but given Sheik's move set I am kinda excited for it. Also what do you think the 4 dlc packs in the season pass will be?

I want to say OoT, NX, and TP, but there already was a TP DLC last time, don't know if Skyward sword really has anybody besides Groose.

I'm hoping the Legends DLC characters will be transferable to the Wii U version.

I'm still getting Legends but really only for the characters and stuff. I don't foresee myself playing it for too long.

I'm hoping the Legends DLC characters will be transferable to the Wii U version.

I'm still getting Legends but really only for the characters and stuff. I don't foresee myself playing it for too long.

I hope they are, but I doubt they will be, Koei doesn't normally put characters back in earlier games, see XL games, although the main difference is the sequels aren't normally put on a platform with worse hardware.

Main thing is the characters, and the tag mechanics since that's one of my favourite things about the Orochi games

I hope they are, but I doubt they will be, Koei doesn't normally put characters back in earlier games

Yeah.

I'm just glad we're getting Toon Link, Tetra, Mr. Boat, Skull Kid, Linkle and Medli in the Wii U.

It seems like they're developing with the Wii U owners in consideration so it's possible.

Though can we just stop for a sec and realize that this game is almost two years old and they're still making DLC for it.

That is quite spectacular when you think about it haha. With its success I wouldn't be surprised to later see a Hyrule Warriors 2 proper on the NX.

Koei also mentioned maybe wanting to Warriorize other Nintendo properties too.

Edited by Jedi

It's kind of par for the course with Koei Tecmo, look at DOA5, that's getting another new character soon, (if you aren't still on the PS3 or 360 versions since they put in so many bunny outfits they reached the game's in-built DLC capacity)

still waiting for them to include CDi characters

seriously though, Groose would be a riot to play as :v

King of Red Lions will have a costume for King Harmont, otherwise it's a bigger waste than if Medli's weakpoint exposed animation wasn't her seeing stars

Hyrule Warriors' success and awesomeness is why I really want Fire Emblem Warriors! I mean, wouldn't you guys think it'd be fun to go kicking lots of bad guy ass in missions as Ike or Marth or Corrin or other FE lords? FE has a lot of characters and enemies to pick from too, so it'd work great!

Edited by Anacybele

Wow this direct was a real snoozefest.

Hopefully the NX isn't too far away.

I wouldn't call this a "snoozefest"; I'd rank things about average.

I feel like Smash Bros. has conditioned people to expect Nintendo Directs to be "hype", when they're really just meant to be visual press releases. It wasn't the greatest, sure, but everybody I've seen had a couple things shown that got them excited.

I wouldn't call this a "snoozefest"; I'd rank things about average.

I feel like Smash Bros. has conditioned people to expect Nintendo Directs to be "hype", when they're really just meant to be visual press releases. It wasn't the greatest, sure, but everybody I've seen had a couple things shown that got them excited.

While that's probably true for a lot of people, I've been salty about Smash since the last announcement, so I don't really care about that. It's mostly the lack of talk of the new Zelda or almost any other game I'm interested in that made this one uninteresting to me.

It's mostly the lack of talk of the new Zelda or almost any other game I'm interested in that made this one uninteresting to me.

Are you not excited for Kirby: Planet Robobot?

Weeell?

Hyrule Warriors' success and awesomeness is why I really want Fire Emblem Warriors! I mean, wouldn't you guys think it'd be fun to go kicking lots of bad guy ass in missions as Ike or Marth or Corrin or other FE lords? FE has a lot of characters and enemies to pick from too, so it'd work great!

Fire Emblem Warriors? ...I'd buy that...without hesitation. Seriously, playing as Ike or Lyn or Hector, destroying hundreds of soldiers in minutes would be totally awesome (and quite honestly fitting considering how strong they are, especially by the end of their games')!

Edit: Not to mention that they do that anyway in Fire Emblem as a whole(mowing down dozens of soldiers...in a war, so it works quite nicely). Ike in Radiant Dawn especially! :3

Edited by Busterman64

FE was ranked third on a desired musou crossover poll. http://gematsu.com/2015/11/japanese-users-want-precure-warriors-game

So there could be hope, then again FE crossovers may be dropped if #FE does terribly.

You're saying "if" like we don't know for certain that #FE sold 35K on launch week.

I still really want an FE Musou game.

Considering #FEs Japan sales figures, it did VERY poorly

You're saying "if" like we don't know for certain that #FE sold 35K on launch week.

I still really want an FE Musou game.

I assume it will, but at the same time I like to hope it does well enough to keep the hope alive for a Musou or Soul Calibur crossover, not well enough for a #FE sequel though, this one looks bad enough