New Nintendo Direct on March 3rd

DragonLord

There isn't much that we know of that's being released through summer, though. The Direct would have to mostly be unannounced titles. I don't think it's literally only games being released through summer.

Don't get your hopes up. I expect a Starfox-focused direct to get people to buy that. Some talk about the Nintendo Select titles. Amiibos. Could be another 5 minute Direct.

I wouldn't expect hearing anything (official) about Zelda or Pokemon until E3 at the earliest. The NX is supposed to have it's own direct, followed by a bigger reveal at E3.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Pokemon Sun and Moon coming out during the holidays this year, I don't think they're going to wait until E3 to give us any footage or info besides the titles and Chinese being an available language... The time period between the announcement and release seems too short to me.

"Monster Hunter Generations" that had been mentioned in a supposed Direct leak has been confirmed by a trademark listing.

https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/015176555

That also basically confirms the other new listing in the leak, which was "Monster Hunter Generations x Fire Emblem" - probably FE armors and weapons for Monster Hunter Generations (which is likely Monster Hunter X's localized title, although that game has no FE content, so it could be an updated version).

Anyway, the leak also mentioned Star Fox Zero, Metroid Federation and Fire Emblem Fates - although the leak came from the European branch, so the FE Fates listing might not be anything new, just details about the European launch.

Edited by NeonZ

Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter crossing over now? What about the actually really wanted FE Warriors game? Seriously... :( It feels like a no-brainer at this point with how well Hyrule Warriors did and how well FE would fit this!

Edited by Anacybele

Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter crossing over now? What about the actually really wanted FE Warriors game? Seriously... :( It feels like a no-brainer at this point with how well Hyrule Warriors did and how well FE would fit this!

Maybe the company that makes the Warriors games doesn't want to cross over, Game Freak DID turn down the PokemonxFE concept after all, it's why we have SMTxFE now.

Maybe the company that makes the Warriors games doesn't want to cross over, Game Freak DID turn down the PokemonxFE concept after all, it's why we have SMTxFE now.

If that's the case, that is so disappointing... I'm fine with there being no Pokemon x FE crossover though, that's a ridiculous idea, imo.

If that's the case, that is so disappointing... I'm fine with there being no Pokemon x FE crossover though, that's a ridiculous idea, imo.

I literally want a Pokemon FE crossover only because it's so crazy, it might just work.

That, and it would make my non FE fan friends salty again, and I feed on their salt

Apparently, SNES Virtual Console for New 3DS (unfortunately not for normal 3DSes though) was also in that leak. Considering, as it stands, I spent more than $200 last year just so that I could play a portable version of a (admittedly very good) game I already owned for my Wii, having another reason to own a New 3DS makes me feel like I made less bad of an investment.

Actually, it was the opposite, IS was the one that rejected the idea because Pokemon Conquest already existed.

Actually, it was the opposite, IS was the one that rejected the idea because Pokemon Conquest already existed.

Seriously, huh, you learn something new everyday.

Those leaks sure do look interesting

@ MC productions I love the way you think

Thanks m8.

Seriously, huh, you learn something new everyday.

To honest, from what I've heard, they really didn't reject the idea.

Apparently, IS came up with the idea of a PokemonxFE crossover, but later realized that Pokemon Conquest existed and gave up on it.

I've heard that there was even a screenshot of what it could be, but I'm not sure if the screenshot actually exists.

really want an FE14 europe release date

new paper mario

pikmin 4

mother 3 re-release

sun and moon

the undertale wii u rumor

extra amiibo info.

Pikmin 4, that was the other game I'm still waiting for!

Fingers crossed for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 3.

Golden Sun 4 as well...

After Golden Sun 3, we NEED a Golden Sun 4! Besides, a 3DS Golden Sun would be SO epic (imagine what they could do)!

Apparently, SNES Virtual Console for New 3DS (unfortunately not for normal 3DSes though) was also in that leak. Considering, as it stands, I spent more than $200 last year just so that I could play a portable version of a (admittedly very good) game I already owned for my Wii, having another reason to own a New 3DS makes me feel like I made less bad of an investment.

If only we could get GBA games on the New 3DS, then that thing would sell like hotcakes(most likely anyway...or at least much more than it does now)!

Pokemon Conquest is the reason I don't want an FE x Pokemon game myself. I thought the game looked uninteresting and rather silly. And too similar to what I pictured FE x Pokemon being like. So IS rejecting the idea was smart. I just hope they get to approve FE Warriors someday.

Pikmin 4, that was the other game I'm still waiting for!

After Golden Sun 3, we NEED a Golden Sun 4! Besides, a 3DS Golden Sun would be SO epic (imagine what they could do)!

If only we could get GBA games on the New 3DS, then that thing would sell like hotcakes(most likely anyway...or at least much more than it does now)!

1. I honestly think that, if Pikmin 4 isn't shown in this Direct, it's probably safe to say it was moved to the NX.

2. Yes, a new Golden Sun would be great. The gap between the release of The Lost Age (2003) and the announcement of Dark Dawn (2009) is already about as long as the gap between the release of Dark Dawn (2010) and the present. I hope Nintendo decides to revive this series some day.

3. I'm not sure if more Virtual Console games will be enough to get more people to buy a New 3DS (I mean, the Wii U has had GBA VC for years and it's still been doing pretty poorly financially), unless one of those GBA VC games is Mother 3 or something. Mostly, I think it will just make New 3DS owners feel less ripped off.

Hey, if any games need to be added to the Wii U VC, it's GC games! There'd be no more having to go back to the Wii or your GC to play them! Rare games like PoR could be available again!

Edited by Anacybele

A major issue with GCN VC is that the GCN controller uses analog triggers, whereas the Wii U has digital triggers. Games like Super Mario Sunshine that take advantage of analog controls would need serious reworking to work on Wii U.

Hey, if any games need to be added to the Wii U VC, it's GC games! There'd be no more having to go back to the Wii or your GC to play them! Rare games like PoR could be available again!

Gamecube games for the Wii U VC would be great, too. It's the only Nintendo console whose games aren't available in some form for the Wii U (except The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, due to their HD remakes), which is a shame because the Gamecube has one of the best libraries of any Nintendo console. Unfortunately, since the Wii U will probably be replaced by the NX by the end of the year, I don't think Nintendo will add Gamecube VC support for it at this stage. Hopefully, the NX will have Gamecube VC, either at launch or at some point in the future.

A major issue with GCN VC is that the GCN controller uses analog triggers, whereas the Wii U has digital triggers. Games like Super Mario Sunshine that take advantage of analog controls would need serious reworking to work on Wii U.

Except the pro controller has analogue sticks, as does the gamepad? I don't see the problem.

But Steve has a point, the NX IS kind of around the corner now. Probably best to save the GC VC for that at this point.

Edited by Anacybele

Except the pro controller has analogue sticks, as does the gamepad? I don't see the problem.

But Steve has a point, the NX IS kind of around the corner now. Probably best to save the GC VC for that at this point.

No, the issue is the triggers, not the sticks. It's what allows players to apply different levels of pressure when using FLUDD in Sunshine. The Wii U has digital triggers that don't allow that level of precision.