Birthright pairings

ChaosGallade

I posted this in the Unit Optimization thread, but it fell on deaf ears, which is why I'm posting it again.

Here are my planned Birthright pairings. I already married my Avatar to Azura, so I do lose out on a kid:

-Ryoma/Kagero

-Hinata/Setsuna

-Saizo/Orochi

-Hayato/Sakura

-Kaze/Mozu

-Azama/Felicia

I don't know how to organize Hinoka, Takumi, Hana, Subaki, Silas, Oboro, Jakob, Rinkah, and Kaden. Help on this would be appreciated.

Edited by ChaosGallade

I posted this in the Unit Optimization thread, but it fell on deaf ears, which is why I'm posting it again.

Here are my planned Birthright pairings. I already married my Avatar to Azura, so I do lose out on a kid:

-Ryoma/Kagero

-Hinata/Setsuna

-Saizo/Orochi

-Hayato/Sakura

-Kaze/Mozu

-Azama/Felicia

I don't know how to organize Hinoka, Takumi, Hana, Subaki, Silas, Oboro, Azama, Jakob, Rinkah, and Kaden. Help on this would be appreciated.

Do you not get both kids if you marry two units with kids?

Do you not get both kids if you marry two units with kids?

It's true that I get 2 kids if I marry Azura. But I lose out on a kid overall if I marry all the first-gen girls off.

Edited by ChaosGallade

a

how?

To elaborate, I'll go through my fixed pairings again, then make random pairings from my leftovers to illustrate my point. Remember that Reina, Scarlet, Yukimura, and Izana can only support the Avatar (and marry the Avatar if the Avatar is the opposite gender of them):

-Ryoma/Kagero

-Hinata/Setsuna

-Saizo/Orochi

-Hayato/Sakura

-Kaze/Mozu

-Azama/Felicia

-Kaden/Hana

-Takumi/Oboro

-Silas/Hinoka

-Subaki/Rinkah

In the above example, Jakob will be the bachelor and he must be paired with a non-Reina/Scarlet girl to have Dwyer.

Copy/pasted from the TV Tropes page of Fates for emphasis:

* LostForever: If the player marries their male Avatar to any of the 1st generation females that can also S-rank with a "fertile" male, then they will have just screwed themselves out of one of the child units. This is because, in this game, the males are given ''just enough'' options that you can marry them all off, but the developers did not factor in the player character.

** Technically, the player could run into this problem with Azura and Shigure when picking a female Avatar, but then they would also have to pass over Azura for every other remaining female. And at that point, the player would only have themselves to blame.
Edited by ChaosGallade

To elaborate, I'll go through my fixed pairings again, then make random pairings from my leftovers to illustrate my point. Remember that Reina, Scarlet, Yukimura, and Izana can only support the Avatar (and marry the Avatar if the Avatar is the opposite gender of them):

-Ryoma/Kagero

-Hinata/Setsuna

-Saizo/Orochi

-Hayato/Sakura

-Kaze/Mozu

-Azama/Felicia

-Kaden/Hana

-Takumi/Oboro

-Kaden/Hinoka

-Subaki/Rinkah

In the above example, Jakob will be the bachelor and he must be paired with a non-Reina/Scarlet girl to have Dwyer.

Copy/pasted from the TV Tropes page of Fates for emphasis:

Ok, that explains it thanks.

I didn't know that there were only exactly enough so that you lose a kid if you marry a first gen.

How dare you decide on discount L as the kid who doesn't get to be born

I realized I wrote Kaden twice in my random pairings, but for all intents and purposes, I paired Silas with Hinoka (reflected in the last post I made here).

Anyway, what does anyone here think about the random pairings I put up? Should I change anything?