How do these pairings look for Revelation (getting all the children)

astrophys

I'm planning to actually do grinding in Revelation (unlike Birthright/Conquest) so that I can unlock all of the children this time (rather than just the ones I incidentally unlock going through the story, which meant that I missed most chidden from both routes).

My Avatar is a +MAG/-LCK (Clever/Unlukcy) Nohr Prince/Dark Mage ("Mage" Talent), for reference in considering pairings.

How do these pairings look? Any suggestions?

1. Subaki x Sakura

A build that gives Caeldori lots of magic for Bolt Naginata while not killing her STR and SPD too much. I plan on marrying my Avatar to Caeldori, so it results in a +6 MAG Kanna without defensive penalties.

2. Ryoma x Rinkah

Ryoma-centric, gives him extra STR/DEF in pair-up and Lancebreaker access. Then again, Shiro is also one of the tankier Hoshidan kids by growth rates, which Rinkah preserves (at the cost of offense)

3. Takumi x Mozu ->

Grants Takumi access to Merchant (Spendthrift and still bows) and Villager (Master of Arms/Merchant) to Kiargi.

4. Saizo x Orochi - Magical Flame Shurkien Gurei & Saizo

5. Hinata x Peri - Hinata gains Cavalier and Peri gains samurai (Swordfaire). Hinata can access Armored Blow now or damage boosters like Elbow Room. Shared weapon ranks.

6. Azama x Effie - Originally this came about on my list from pairing spares, but they actually do support and it does give Azama a lance class to exploit…. maybe they can do something like Renewal Generals.

7. Kaze x Beruka - Midori can get Poison Strike and Savage Blow this way, for 40% poison damage. Kaze gives Beruka speed and she gives him strength

8. Jakob x Kagerou - Both give each other shurkien classes; high strength for Dywer

9. Silas x Azura - Azura gives high offensive growths and Sky Knight access to Sophie.

10. Kaden x Oboro: Kaden gives speed, Oboro gains Strength, and the Spellcaster tree can boost Oboro more if she ever goes Basara (overlaps, but gives MAG +2 in the process).

11. Hayato x Nyx - Return of Tharja, plus they'd appreciate each other's mage classes.

12. Benny x Camilla - Make Camilla really tanky and give her access to Luna: wyvern lords and generals also have common weapon access (although reversed in which is primary vs. secondary).

13. Keaton x Charlotte - Super strength Velouria, plus Charlotte helps Keaton out in Speed.

14. Xander x Hinoka - helps Xander's speed (not as much as Charlotte on pair-up on its own, but can also give him Swallow Strike). Helps' Xander's magic vulnerabilities with Warding Blow. Xander pair-up gives Hinoka STR and Partner Seal gives Elbow Room/Armored Blow.

15. Leo x Felicia - big SPD pair-up bonuses to help Leo out, and Forrest still ends with a good magic growth… (Sakura probably would help him more, but I have her with Subaki already).

16. Niles x Setsuna - Bowfaire/Bow Knight access, Quick Draw, +7 Spd Nina

17. Odin x Elise - super magical Ophelia

18. Arthur x Selena - +7 STR from Arthur salvage's Selena's offense (she basically always doubles)

19. Laslow x Hana - Swordfaire/Samurai and Mercenary get put together.

20. Corrin x Sakura!Caeldori - Caeldori is personal preference here

21 (redunant) Azura x Silas - Shigure gets Cavalier access which meshes well with Sky Knight

Any comments? Suggestions? Changes you'd advise?

Thanks.

Well you're asking for Gameplay based advice on these pairings...

Can't help you there.

You should marry Xander and Sakura together though just cause they are perfect together.

Same with Owain/Odin and Severa/Selena.

Those two pairings are perfect.

You said Silas x Azura as well as Azura x Silas. Not sure if that was intentional.

I'm playing revelations now, and am also getting Benny and Camilla together, as well as Hayato and Nyx. I got Ryoma and Rinkah together in my run of birthright, and it was really meh. I wouldn't marry Keaton to Charlotte, but rather to a tanky character for an insane Velouria. I'm pairing him with Peri for the unusually high resistance for a cavalier while still keeping decent growths.

Good luck with certain paralogues. 7 can be a massive pain if you do it too late and forget to bring rescues.

What I noticed is that for Pairings, its not as important to pair people to get skills (unless you plan to stay in that class) since you can just buy skills.

If you are min-maxing, it is probably more worthwhile to Pair for the Stats Modifier for Children, Pair Up Bonuses or for Spouse Classes that you want for endgame.

I'm planning to actually do grinding in Revelation (unlike Birthright/Conquest) so that I can unlock all of the children this time (rather than just the ones I incidentally unlock going through the story, which meant that I missed most chidden from both routes).

My Avatar is a +MAG/-LCK (Clever/Unlukcy) Nohr Prince/Dark Mage ("Mage" Talent), for reference in considering pairings.

How do these pairings look? Any suggestions?

1. Subaki x Sakura

A build that gives Caeldori lots of magic for Bolt Naginata while not killing her STR and SPD too much. I plan on marrying my Avatar to Caeldori, so it results in a +6 MAG Kanna without defensive penalties.

2. Ryoma x Rinkah

Ryoma-centric, gives him extra STR/DEF in pair-up and Lancebreaker access. Then again, Shiro is also one of the tankier Hoshidan kids by growth rates, which Rinkah preserves (at the cost of offense)

3. Takumi x Mozu ->

Grants Takumi access to Merchant (Spendthrift and still bows) and Villager (Master of Arms/Merchant) to Kiargi.

4. Saizo x Orochi - Magical Flame Shurkien Gurei & Saizo

5. Hinata x Peri - Hinata gains Cavalier and Peri gains samurai (Swordfaire). Hinata can access Armored Blow now or damage boosters like Elbow Room. Shared weapon ranks.

6. Azama x Effie - Originally this came about on my list from pairing spares, but they actually do support and it does give Azama a lance class to exploit…. maybe they can do something like Renewal Generals.

7. Kaze x Beruka - Midori can get Poison Strike and Savage Blow this way, for 40% poison damage. Kaze gives Beruka speed and she gives him strength

8. Jakob x Kagerou - Both give each other shurkien classes; high strength for Dywer

9. Silas x Azura - Azura gives high offensive growths and Sky Knight access to Sophie.

10. Kaden x Oboro: Kaden gives speed, Oboro gains Strength, and the Spellcaster tree can boost Oboro more if she ever goes Basara (overlaps, but gives MAG +2 in the process).

11. Hayato x Nyx - Return of Tharja, plus they'd appreciate each other's mage classes.

12. Benny x Camilla - Make Camilla really tanky and give her access to Luna: wyvern lords and generals also have common weapon access (although reversed in which is primary vs. secondary).

13. Keaton x Charlotte - Super strength Velouria, plus Charlotte helps Keaton out in Speed.

14. Xander x Hinoka - helps Xander's speed (not as much as Charlotte on pair-up on its own, but can also give him Swallow Strike). Helps' Xander's magic vulnerabilities with Warding Blow. Xander pair-up gives Hinoka STR and Partner Seal gives Elbow Room/Armored Blow.

15. Leo x Felicia - big SPD pair-up bonuses to help Leo out, and Forrest still ends with a good magic growth… (Sakura probably would help him more, but I have her with Subaki already).

16. Niles x Setsuna - Bowfaire/Bow Knight access, Quick Draw, +7 Spd Nina

17. Odin x Elise - super magical Ophelia

18. Arthur x Selena - +7 STR from Arthur salvage's Selena's offense (she basically always doubles)

19. Laslow x Hana - Swordfaire/Samurai and Mercenary get put together.

20. Corrin x Sakura!Caeldori - Caeldori is personal preference here

21 (redunant) Azura x Silas - Shigure gets Cavalier access which meshes well with Sky Knight

Any comments? Suggestions? Changes you'd advise?

Thanks.

For the most part, these look solid. A few comments;

- Charlotte x Keaton makes a great Velouria, but locks Charlotte out of an extra Partner Seal Class (she already has Fighter) and Keaton and Velouria really only want Tomebreaker from Maid/Butler

- Selena is about as low as I would let Percy's Strength go (he only has a 30% Base Growth and Selena keeps it stagnant, while also only giving a +1 Mod. Plus, everyone involved only get's 2 new classes instead of 3)

- Takumi x Mozu is starting to become my Optimization OTP despite never having seen their Supports.

Edited by Avalanche