The Grinding DLC Sucks

Rezzy

Who the heck thought it would be a good idea to make the gold and XP DLC scale to the level? I just wanted to grind a bit of gold on late game Conquest, but the stupid enemies are one-shotting most of my units with Silver Axes. If I want a challenge, I'll go back to the main campaign, or do a DLC that's meant to be hard, like Apotheosis. If I paid actual money for this stuff, I want to be able to just wing it and half-pay attention while playing YouTube or something. For all its faults, at least Awakening did grinding DLC properly.

Don't even get me started on Boo Camp, if you didn't level up the low units early on, you can pretty much give up on them, because they'll get killed at Boo Camp.

I haven't had too much trouble catching up lower leveled units, I just make sure they are paired up or in strategic guardstances and only allow them to hit enemies that they will kill after softening them, if you get Takumi's Shinai you can use that to weaken enemies with really strong units since it can't kill and just leaves them with 1hp you can have the weaker unit take a potshot at it with a ranged weapon or engineer them a 100% hit chance and have a stronger ally behind them to deal a follow up hit if they can't damage the enemy on their own. Its a lot less mindnumbing the grind dlc in awakening.

It is ok for Casual players, Kinda useless for Classic since they can one shot someone randomly.

It would be alot better if they made it so that they dont attack you (can still let them counter though) like they did in awakening.

I haven't had too much trouble catching up lower leveled units, I just make sure they are paired up or in strategic guardstances and only allow them to hit enemies that they will kill after softening them, if you get Takumi's Shinai you can use that to weaken enemies with really strong units since it can't kill and just leaves them with 1hp you can have the weaker unit take a potshot at it with a ranged weapon or engineer them a 100% hit chance and have a stronger ally behind them to deal a follow up hit if they can't damage the enemy on their own. Its a lot less mindnumbing the grind dlc in awakening.

If it costs real money and is meant to be a way to grind, it should be an easy way to grind. For gold, I think I'll just go back to my old way of hiding everybody in the corner of Boo Camp and wait for Profiteer procs. That way I don't have to give it my full attention and can multitask.

It is ok for Casual players, Kinda useless for Classic since they can one shot someone randomly.

It would be alot better if they made it so that they dont attack you (can still let them counter though) like they did in awakening.

That would have been great.

I think the logic is "If you've made it this far, you don't need to grind".

I was pretty much just wanting gold for skills.