PAPER MARIO: COLOR SPLASH

Anacybele

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trailer doesn't have my hopes up. I want a TTYD like Paper Mario RPG, not Sticker Star with colors over Stickers.

Also, is that a world map I see? Yeah... IS, you better make this a good old fashioned RPG if you want to get any support from me ever again.

Also, inverse Sunshine plot :p

Yeah...Color Splash doesn't look great. Don't get me wrong, the Paper Mario aesthetic in itself is highly appealing to the eye, as it always has been, but the gameplay for Sticker Star was a humongous flop. Seems like Nintendo didn't really pay much attention to the feedback they got on how much people hated Sticker Star's gameplay, and thus Color Splash was born...probably. One might argue that it's less like Sticker Star, but based on the brief card-based battle gameplay we saw, it doesn't seem like this is the case. Let's hope this doesn't actually flop when information trickles in over the next couple months...but I'm not sure any of us can be really surprised if it does.

I hope that Miyamoto had NO influence on this one. Hopefully there are new characters and the return of recipes in this one or I'm hanging myself tonight.

*blinks* Well...good luck with that.

What's so great about recipes? I actually never bothered with those much.

It's just a fun collection sidequest, like filling out the Tattle log and such.

This game doesn't look promising at all.

To think IS would listen to fans. Hah.

I've lost most of my faith in them by this point.

Blame this for why Color Splash is so-so:

otryyxqvpfh9nrejk8ky.jpg

IS had to focus on this before Color Splash. Wait, does IS have two seperate dev teams?

This might cost me a permaban but... hey, it kinda makes sense. I might have just given the whole of Serenes Forest one big middle finger but, again, it makes sense.

Edited by kirby9612

Blame this for why Color Splash is so-so:

IS had to focus on this.

no IS has more than 1 team. They churned out Wario Ware, Fire Emblem GBAs, Advance Wars, Paper Mario all in span of 2 years during the GCN/GBA eras.

I don't think it's IS, I think it's Miyamoto. Remember, IS wanted to make Sticker Star like TTYD.

Oh, that's right.

Well, you'd think he'd learn too, after everyone clamored for TTYD-like PM, and not interfere this time.

Guess someone, I don't know who at this point, just hasn't learned their lesson...

Yeah, you would think that SOMEONE learned by now.

Man, I was really excited at first, then people come in and say it looks like Sticker Star which is supposed to be really bad...

Edited by Anacybele

I guess the next generation of kids will never play a real Mario RPG.

They have Dream Team, which is a splendid game.

Really, it's just PM that has gone to the dogs, M&L is still going strong as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, that's right.

Well, you'd think he'd learn too, after everyone clamored for TTYD-like PM, and not interfere this time.

Guess someone, I don't know who at this point, just hasn't learned their lesson...

I think you people might be underestimating just how many filthy casuals there are out there. I wouldn't be surprised if most (or at least a significant proportion) of the people who played Sticker Star had never played PM64 or TTYD and therefore thought nothing of it.

Edited by SEVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

I guess the next generation of kids will never play a real Mario RPG.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/no-true-scotsman

a real Mario RPG? All you need to be a real Mario RPG is to be both Mario and an RPG. It succeeded on both counts.

Feel free to think that it won't live up, but a true Mario RPG?

Edit: Blame Casuals? iPhone casuals do not play Mario RPGs. I myself am a casual in that I play games for fun and without difficulty. I also don't think you're moved enough to put your messages in really large font

Edited by Ms. Andrews

Blame Casuals.

to Ms. Andrews, a REAL Mario RPG fires on all cylinders, like GAMEPLAY, STORY, CHARACTERS, AND DEPTH.

Also pertaining to TTTE, the decline of Paper Mario is kind of comparable to how Thomas went to shit after it became CGI animated. And Yes, I find your TTTE references funny. Maybe this "scotsman" thing is a reference to Sodor??

Edited by kirby9612

M&L has gone to the dogs plot-wise and character-wise and originality-wise. They gave it the "NSMB-style" treatment/neutering

We'll have to agree to disagree then, since I think Dream Team was amazing in all those aspects. Dunno about Paper Jam since I have yet to play it.

I think you people might be underestimating just how many filthy casuals there are out there. I wouldn't be surprised if most (or at least a significant proportion) of the people who played Sticker Star had never played PM64 or TTYD and therefore thought nothing of it.

Maybe so. I'm just pretty miffed by this since I want TTYD style PM back so badly. Edited by Glaceon Mage

Blame Casuals.

to Ms. Andrews, a REAL Mario RPG fires on all cylinders, like GAMEPLAY, STORY, CHARACTERS, AND DEPTH.

Also pertaining to TTTE, the decline of Paper Mario is kind of comparable to how Thomas went to shit after it became CGI animated. And Yes, I find your TTTE references funny. Maybe this "scotsman" thing is a reference to Sodor??

that's an actual fallacy and doesn't have anything to do with Thomas

You also just used the exact same fallacy yet again

edit: also that's solely seasons 13-16 because 17 and on are great. For proof: Legend of the Lost Treasure