Corrin's line about Sakura (Conquest 24 spoilers)

BruceLee

So omegaevolution just uploaded chapter 24 of Conquest. And Corrin just dropped a line which made me lol.

Corrin and Aqua are talking about Takumi's disappearance, and Aqua says it best to keep it from Sakura. And then Corrin drops the following line: ''Yes, i agree. There will be plenty of time to further break her heart later *sigh*''.

I know Corrin doesn't mean it in a bad way, but this line combined with the ''questionable'' story of Conquest is just hilarious to me lmao. Poor Sakura :'(

I forgot about that line. In my first playthrough I could hardly believe what I was seeing that everything was going through my brain like a sieve. That's absolutely savage, Corrin is a savage, his allies are savages. The plot is savage.

Yet the narrative twists him into a hero yet again for trying to 'protect' Sakura.

Wow... That's just *wow*. When I read that I mentally tack on "And her mind, and her body, and everything else she possesses. After all, she will be at the mercy of Hans or Iago soon."

And the really sad thing is that it could be so easily fixed to convey what the writers probably *meant*. "Yes, I agree. There is no need to further break her heart." or "Yes, I agree. She has suffered more than enough already." or even "Yes, I agree. The coming days will be burden enough without that knowledge."

Of course the right (though sad) thing would likely be to just tell the darn truth so she isn't hoping for a rescue that isn't coming. No matter how you slice it, that whole situation just sucks. Especially considering how adorable Takumi and Sakura are as siblings.

Pet peeve of mine, does Azura seem remarkably indifferent to being involved with the murder of her siblings and their subordinates? In the Japanese version, after defeating Takumi for the 3rd time (after which he apparently dies), she seems barely concerned that her sibling just threw himself to his death. I mean, I know they didn't have the best relationship but that's cold. Unlike Kamui and the Nohrians, Azura likely knew all the subordinates of her siblings so her "eh" reaction to invading Hoshido and killing a fair number of them is messed up.

Wow... That's just *wow*. When I read that I mentally tack on "And her mind, and her body, and everything else she possesses. After all, she will be at the mercy of Hans or Iago soon."

And the really sad thing is that it could be so easily fixed to convey what the writers probably *meant*. "Yes, I agree. There is no need to further break her heart." or "Yes, I agree. She has suffered more than enough already." or even "Yes, I agree. The coming days will be burden enough without that knowledge."

Of course the right (though sad) thing would likely be to just tell the darn truth so she isn't hoping for a rescue that isn't coming. No matter how you slice it, that whole situation just sucks. Especially considering how adorable Takumi and Sakura are as siblings.

I was going to put a lenny face here, but I just don't have it in me. I might be Satan, but I have my standards.

I would have just went ahead and told her, to be honest. She's already traumatized--might as well break the cutie completely.

I forgot about that line. In my first playthrough I could hardly believe what I was seeing that everything was going through my brain like a sieve. That's absolutely savage, Corrin is a savage, his allies are savages. The plot is savage.

Yet the narrative twists him into a hero yet again for trying to 'protect' Sakura.

The more i think about it, the worse i feel for Sakura. She's a young girl, and witnessed her defenseless people get slaughtered in front of her while she's tied up. That would cause serious trauma.

The writers didn't think so though, seeing as how she's all lovey-dovey and forgiving at the end of Conquest.

I was going to put a lenny face here, but I just don't have it in me. I might be Satan, but I have my standards.

Thank you Satan. Edited by BruceLee

Pet peeve of mine, does Azura seem remarkably indifferent to being involved with the murder of her siblings and their subordinates? In the Japanese version, after defeating Takumi for the 3rd time (after which he apparently dies), she seems barely concerned that her sibling just threw himself to his death. I mean, I know they didn't have the best relationship but that's cold. Unlike Kamui and the Nohrians, Azura likely knew all the subordinates of her siblings so her "eh" reaction to invading Hoshido and killing a fair number of them is messed up.

平和のために, "for the sake of peace", man.

...You're all joking, right? This is obviously a self deprecating line.

I assume they are.

If not, it just feels like some people really hate Conquest and all lines of dialogue relating to it.

Or maybe you two need to stop being so defensive and lighten up. I said in the OP that i know Corrin didn't mean it in a bad way.

I find the line funny because Sakura is suffering for stupid plot reasons and that line makes it sound like Corrin isn't done giving her needless suffering.

The writing is just so silly that this line stood out to me, in a funny way.

Edited by BruceLee

I also think it's ridiculous how many Conquest hate threads there are. I mean, this line could be taken incorrectly, but it does not constitute a topic complaining/joking.

This is especially bad because these topic are inhabited by the same people every time. Yes, Thane/NekoKnight/Phillius, the plot is bad, but I think the constant stream of sardonicism is extremely unnecessary. I think everyone can agree the plot is bad.

Edited by Ms. Bunch

I also think it's ridiculous how many Conquest hate threads there are. I mean, this line could be taken incorrectly, but it does not constitute a topic complaining/joking.

This is especially bad because these topic are inhabited by the same people every time. Yes, Thane/NekoKnight/Phillius, the plot is bad, but I think the constant stream of sardonicism is extremely unnecessary. I think everyone can agree the plot is bad.

You DID realize that we were joking around, right? Like, BruceLee explicitly mentions it.

This isn't a hate thread. Hell, from my comment alone, it should have been obvious that this wasn't a serious thread.

Most threads aren't hate threads about Conquest. If anything, most are criticisms about the story, in which, several people comment with their views and feelings. There are a lot of people that will defend Conquest and there are people that will call out Conquest's bull bull--things do get heated but the majority of us are mature enough to get our point across with little casualties.

This is a forum for Fire Emblem Fates. If I wanted to make a topic discussing how I wish Niles was wearing only battle panties in-game, I could because this is a forum about Fates and I can do that.

I can do that, right?

This isn't a hate thread. Hell, from my comment alone, it should have been obvious that this wasn't a serious thread.

Most threads aren't hate threads about Conquest. If anything, most are criticisms about the story, in which, several people comment with their views and feelings. There are a lot of people that will defend Conquest and there are people that will call out Conquest's bull bull--things do get heated but the majority of us are mature enough to get our point across with little casualties.

This is a forum for Fire Emblem Fates. If I wanted to make a topic discussing how I wish Niles was wearing only battle panties in-game, I could because this is a forum about Fates and I can do that.

I can do that, right?

You said it.

In all honesty, I think people have more than a right to rant and vent about Fates, especially in a forum dedicated to Fates. From what I've seen, everyone has been respectful about it too, with only a few moments getting a little heated. Also, I agree that most of the threads aren't hate related. These discussions do the developers a favor by giving them feedback on how they can make the next installment even better. This whole thing kinda reminds me of when Final Fantasy XIII came out, only on a much milder scale.

This is a game that's been hyped into another universe for a whole year, and what we got wasn't anything like we thought it was gonna be. People are going to be disappointed and, therefore, have a right to express their dissatisfaction (in a respectful and constructuctive manner, of course).