Is triple-classing for skills worth it?

Aristo

I was curious whether it's feasible or not to dip into more than two classes to get an optimal skill build on characters? I've read up a few build guides; most notably these: http://squeaksqueakin.tumblr.com/post/123648875318/fire-emblem-fates-strategic-builds

Some of the suggested builds include skills from more than two classes. While you could buy them, if you happened upon a castle with just the right character/class, that sounds like a pain.

For example, is it really worth the time and effort to triple-class Elfie from Knight to General, to GK in order to get General skills like Pavise? Or to dip Peri in DK for Lifetaker before ending as GK? This sounds especially tricky in Conquest, where Boo Camp is your only source of renewable EXP. But in Birthright, where you have all the time in the world to grind, is this a viable option?

Edited by Aristo

Depends on the resources available and which particular character you want it on. One character around mid-lategame might be okay if there's something very specific you're going for, but otherwise doing this is very unfeasible for nogrind.

I did Blacksmith(1-5)->Chieftain(6)->Berserker(7-on) for Rinkah because Birthright's made of gold and I needed something to spend it on so I did it for the free irons (for the 2k i put into that heart seal I got a lot more than 2k worth of irons back), but even then if I tried to do it to my whole team I'd be bankrupt.

Edited by Thor Odinson