Should I buy Starter Decks or 16 boosters?

FoliFF

Right since the FE: TCG suffer from No Export For You I might as well go and import the cards now while some prices are somewhat reasonable enough. I dunno how long these runs last till they go out of print.

Anyway back to the cards I'm looking are the fates character and especially the starter decks, White night and Dark night respectively and the booster box Hikari to Yami no Homura no kami. Since I'm not going to collect and I just mainly want two decks for fun, so I can potentially play with a friend. So the question is should I just buy the two starter decks or should I buy one box with 16 boosters and build my own two deck or possible more out from it?

Want to hear your guys opinion on the matter.

Right since the FE: TCG suffer from No Export For You I might as well go and import the cards now while some prices are somewhat reasonable enough. I dunno how long these runs last till they go out of print.

Anyway back to the cards I'm looking are the fates character and especially the starter decks, White night and Dark night respectively and the booster box Hikari to Yami no Homura no kami. Since I'm not going to collect and I just mainly want two decks for fun, so I can potentially play with a friend. So the question is should I just buy the two starter decks or should I buy one box with 16 boosters and build my own two deck or possible more out from it?

Want to hear your guys opinion on the matter.

Let me see:

Buying 2 Starter Decks ->

+ Pros

- Less money invested

- ST Exclusives

- Exact same number of cards you receive for each specific character

- Other goodies such as the paper mat, rulebook, etc (if you care about it)

- Cons

- The type and number of cards you get are set, some of the cards in the booster box don't appear in STs

Buying a box ->

+ Pros

- You get arguably better cards from a booster box, including better cards in terms of High Normals and Normals

- You get more cards (160 cards?) than two STs (which are 100 cards, if you say both of em).

- Opens up more variety, but then the decks that you could possibly make out of them won't be good.

- Cons

- Costs more.

- You might not get specific good cards you could use.

- It may be harder to build two decks from just one box.

I recommend getting both a box and two STs but that's just my opinion. If you want to be safe about it though, two STs is definitely the way to go.

- Cons

- Costs more.

- You might not get specific good cards you could use.

- It may be harder to build two decks from just one box.

I recommend getting both a box and two STs but that's just my opinion. If you want to be safe about it though, two STs is definitely the way to go.

Hmm now my experience with TCG is only Magic: The Gathering but shouldn't 3-4 booster be enough a to build a deck? Or is more complicated than that? I guess my biggest fear with booster pack, is that if I managed to score a good rare promoted card but I can't use it since I don't have the base cards. I guess the reasoning behind getting both STs and the box would cover me on that front?

I just notice Series 3 and the revelation cards are in them. From the looks of it they are also only available in boosters. Now is there a way only to get the fates cards excluding the Tellius cards or does it come with both of them regardless?

Edited by FoliFF

Hmm now my experience with TCG is only Magic: The Gathering but shouldn't 3-4 booster be enough a to build a deck? Or is more complicated than that? I guess my biggest fear with booster pack, is that if I managed to score a good rare promoted card but I can't use it since I don't have the base cards. I guess the reasoning behind getting both STs and the box would cover me on that front?

I just notice Series 3 and the revelation cards are in them. From the looks of it they are also only available in boosters. Now is there a way only to get the fates cards excluding the Tellius cards or does it come with both of them regardless?

Series 3 will come with Tellius cards regardless.

3-4 boosters would only be 40 cards, and that's not enough. But 5 Boosters could be enough. It depends if you want to play specific 'meh' cards or not. Because 1 Booster Box is more than likely not going to get you decent enough cards for a decent deck. Then again an ST isn't the best deck either but at least it's constructed 'well'. Yeah you are correct about not being able to score enough decent cards from a box you may need the ST exclusives as well. That's why I suggested both STs and a booster box.

Even if you get both STs and a box though it may not be enough either but you would certainly have fun at least. I mean I had fun with two boxes and STs from set 1.

Series 3 will come with Tellius cards regardless.

3-4 boosters would only be 40 cards, and that's not enough. But 5 Boosters could be enough. It depends if you want to play specific 'meh' cards or not. Because 1 Booster Box is more than likely not going to get you decent enough cards for a decent deck. Then again an ST isn't the best deck either but at least it's constructed 'well'. Yeah you are correct about not being able to score enough decent cards from a box you may need the ST exclusives as well. That's why I suggested both STs and a booster box.

Even if you get both STs and a box though it may not be enough either but you would certainly have fun at least. I mean I had fun with two boxes and STs from set 1.

Bummer I guess I have to scratch Series 3 then. Damn some of them was really good looking. I really wanted those cards D:

Hmm well I'm going for more of a casual play really so I probably won't care much about the "meh" cards so that's why I'm looking at the two ST and 1 box. Certainly I would like some decent cards but from my understanding it requires at least two to three boxes then? I'm new and I'm still reading how it all rules works and how to build a good deck. I rather not spend to much money on this either.

On a side note, does anyone know the box weight or at least a boosters weight? I really like to make an estimate how much the shipping cost will be. Sadly not many offer to ship to my place and I rather not the shipping cost outcost my products. In metric scale too please

Edited by FoliFF

Bummer I guess I have to scratch Series 3 then. Damn some of them was really good looking. I really wanted those cards D:

Hmm well I'm going for more of a casual play really so I probably won't care much about the "meh" cards so that's why I'm looking at the two ST and 1 box. Certainly I would like some decent cards but from my understanding it requires at least two to three boxes then? I'm new and I'm still reading how it all rules works and how to build a good deck. I rather not spend to much money on this either.

On a side note, does anyone know the box weight or at least a boosters weight? I really like to make an estimate how much the shipping cost will be. Sadly not many offer to ship to my place and I rather not the shipping cost outcost my products.

A decent enough deck would require at least 3-4 boxes yeah. And even then it's not likely it'll happen heh.

If your gonna play casually I think 2 STs is a good start. And maybe a box with that.

Are you ordering from Amiami? I think it's a good place to order from.

I don't know the exact weight but I would say it shouldn't be more than 1/2 of the price itself.

A decent enough deck would require at least 3-4 boxes yeah. And even then it's not likely it'll happen heh.

If your gonna play casually I think 2 STs is a good start. And maybe a box with that.

Are you ordering from Amiami? I think it's a good place to order from.

I don't know the exact weight but I would say it shouldn't be more than 1/2 of the price itself.

Expected as much.

And yes I'm on Amiami currently since it seems the have the stuff on backorder for now, and for me its most likely seems the cheapest alternative. The other two alternative I have that ships to my place are amazon and ebay and hot damn the prices sure varies depending on the seller.

And why I ask about the weight for the shipping cost I just want to know the prize difference between EMS and SAL.

edit: nvm about the weight thanks to amazon listing that I have figured out how much the shipping cost will cost me.

Edited by FoliFF

Pretty sure the ST is a better deck than you'd get with a ton of boxes, for two reasons:

Main characters require 4 usually high rarity cards (Everything else you can just scrape together)

The best Main Characters are ST-exclusive

Pretty sure the ST is a better deck than you'd get with a ton of boxes, for two reasons:

Main characters require 4 usually high rarity cards (Everything else you can just scrape together)

The best Main Characters are ST-exclusive

In my case do you mean main characters are M!Corrin and F!Corrin, Azura and the royals?

Well I have followed TheVinceKnight suggestion and ordered both ST and one booster box on amiami. I'll just have to wait for amiami to restock their supply since it's on back-order now. Wonder how long it usually takes to restock. They mention back-orders can take weeks. Well in any case I can wait. Crosses fingers to get good cards

Thanks for the help guys.

Yeah just that whichever character you want to play as your Lord, you'll need at least 4 of a promotion for them, which in the booster box are usually going to be SR depending on character

1 ST always comes with 4 of a good Lord, so that helps.