LEGO IDEAS based on Fates

vanguard333

For those of you who don't know, LEGO created a site where people can submit ideas for potential LEGO products. If the idea is approved and gets 10,000 supporters within two years, it can become an official LEGO product. I previously made one based on the premonition chapter in Fire Emblem Awakening. Recently I have made one based on both Chapter 12 of Birthright and Chapter 14 of Conquest, in which Azura sings Lost in Thoughts All Alone in front of King Garon. Now, it has been approved. Please help gather supporters for potentially the first Fire Emblem LEGO product. The link to the site is directly below:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/134591

As a fan of LEGO, I strongly approve of this. Suggestions, unless price is a problem:

-the set can be a bit bigger to resemble the map of both chapters

-minifigures of the characters available up to the points of Birthright 12 and Conquest 14 can be made, as well as the extra enemies present. For reference these are:

--Felicia (both campaigns)

--Silas (both campaigns)

--Jakob (both campaigns)

--Birthright:

---Kaze

---Rinkah

---Saizo

---Sakura

---Setsuna

---Hinoka

---Azama

---Oboro

---Hinata

---Hana

---Subaki

---Orochi

---Kaden

---Hayato

---Xander (enemy)

---Peri (enemy)

---Laslow (enemy)

--Conquest:

---Leo

---Camilla

---Elise

---Arthur

---Effie

---Selena

---Laslow

---Beruka

---Peri

---Odin

---Keaton

---Niles

---Charlotte

---Benny

---Kumagera (enemy)

Edited by ChaosGallade

This isn't going to go through, and for a number of reasons:

-Nintendo has a merchandising deal with Knex, which considers itself a rival brand of Lego. Until such a time that Nintendo decides that it doesn't want to renew a contract with Knex, then Lego Nintendo products will never be, which is deeply unfortunate :(

-I won't criticize your model harshly unless you want me to, but it doesn't really fit well with Lego's usual methods of set design. If you look at the very popuar Link vs. Iron Knuckle submission from a while back, you can see what I mean. ( https://ideas.lego.com/projects/32525 ) Lego prefers sets that aren't very big, but pack more detail in that small space. A variety of colourful and interactive elements are usually present, but one thing that never gets through are big, bulky, flat, monocolour walls.

This isn't going to go through, and for a number of reasons:

-Nintendo has a merchandising deal with Knex, which considers itself a rival brand of Lego. Until such a time that Nintendo decides that it doesn't want to renew a contract with Knex, then Lego Nintendo products will never be, which is deeply unfortunate :(

-I won't criticize your model harshly unless you want me to, but it doesn't really fit well with Lego's usual methods of set design. If you look at the very popuar Link vs. Iron Knuckle submission from a while back, you can see what I mean. ( https://ideas.lego.com/projects/32525 ) Lego prefers sets that aren't very big, but pack more detail in that small space. A variety of colourful and interactive elements are usually present, but one thing that never gets through are big, bulky, flat, monocolour walls.

I would have to agree with Knight. Plus, Fates would require a lot of new molds, which is something that caused lego Zelda to get rejected.

I understand your concerns, and I am able to update the idea to have more detail. Any suggestions for further detail would be much appreciated. I am also aware of the Knex problem (wasn't aware that it specifically was Knex), however LEGO approved this even though, for that reason, they did not approve a Mario idea, so I am hopeful.

EDIT: Also, a rule of LEGO ideas is that you cannot submit anything that requires new molds, which this doesn't.

And, in answer to the question of there being a thread for this before, there was, but for a different project based on the moment when Corrin and Azura meet. I admit that particular design had... limitations... in detailing that couldn't be overcome. So I made this one. As far as I know, no one replied to the thread for that design so I wrongly assumed no one saw it.

Finally, I mentioned the project I made based on Awakening. That one was more like the popular Link V.S Iron Knuckle submission.

Edited by vanguard333

I can give you some suggestions then to help it look more appealing:

-As ironic as it sounds for a company based on making plastic bricks, Lego doesn't like blocky structures or surfaces. Use hinged pieces to give the impression of something round.

-Wall detail and colour, this one's important as it contributes the most to the visual appeal of the set. Use textured bricks such as the brickwork textured block, and make the walls, for the most part, thinner (one stud thick mostly, not two studs). Add another colour of beige, like the sandier texture, for extra detail, and make some pillars along the walls maybe. Make the walls taller and add an interesting element to them, such as the curtained balconies in the cutscene, that will also give you an excuse to add some red in there for more colour variety. Those are just some suggestions, but I'd recommend thinking of something to make it more interesting.

-Lose the watery floor and either the front or the back wall. A completely enclosed structure limits playability and presentability, especially since there's nothing interesting on the outside of the structure. This will also lower the number of pieces (hopefully) and you can focus on the height of the walls more. Which wall you should lose will depend more on which part of the scene you think more important, but I'm thinking Garon's should stay since it's the tallest point. The floor only gets in the way of the hinged pieces and is unnecessary, Azura's stage and Garon's balcony should be enough space to play.

-Build an arch or something over Garon's throne

-Add an action element to it, even if it doesn't make sense in context. If you can't think of an appropriate one, make a catapult or a trap door, Lego loves those

-More good guys and bad guys to fight, but don't overdo it. No more than 5-6 minifigs I'd say

-Decorated with gold-coloured elements, Lego loves abusing those in medieval themes

-Look at other Lego sets and mocs for ideas and inspiration

Honestly, I could try my hand at it myself, but my Lego's in the garage and I don't have the time for it unfortunately

I can give you some suggestions then to help it look more appealing:

-As ironic as it sounds for a company based on making plastic bricks, Lego doesn't like blocky structures or surfaces. Use hinged pieces to give the impression of something round.

-Wall detail and colour, this one's important as it contributes the most to the visual appeal of the set. Use textured bricks such as the brickwork textured block, and make the walls, for the most part, thinner (one stud thick mostly, not two studs). Add another colour of beige, like the sandier texture, for extra detail, and make some pillars along the walls maybe. Make the walls taller and add an interesting element to them, such as the curtained balconies in the cutscene, that will also give you an excuse to add some red in there for more colour variety. Those are just some suggestions, but I'd recommend thinking of something to make it more interesting.

-Lose the watery floor and either the front or the back wall. A completely enclosed structure limits playability and presentability, especially since there's nothing interesting on the outside of the structure. This will also lower the number of pieces (hopefully) and you can focus on the height of the walls more. Which wall you should lose will depend more on which part of the scene you think more important, but I'm thinking Garon's should stay since it's the tallest point. The floor only gets in the way of the hinged pieces and is unnecessary, Azura's stage and Garon's balcony should be enough space to play.

-Build an arch or something over Garon's throne

-Add an action element to it, even if it doesn't make sense in context. If you can't think of an appropriate one, make a catapult or a trap door, Lego loves those

-More good guys and bad guys to fight, but don't overdo it. No more than 5-6 minifigs I'd say

-Decorated with gold-coloured elements, Lego loves abusing those in medieval themes

-Look at other Lego sets and mocs for ideas and inspiration

Honestly, I could try my hand at it myself, but my Lego's in the garage and I don't have the time for it unfortunately

To add to this, for the 5-6 minifigs you can pick from apart from Azura and Garon, refer to the list I made in my last post.