Before I start my Hoshido Playthrough..... I have some questions

Finished Conquest on Hard after caving and buying Pass and other skills for children and farming the DLC for more rescues after getting stuck on the endgame. I also tried a Lunatic run with as much experience and gold as I was willing to grind for and found even my fully promoted and leveled units overwhelmed on Siegbert's Paralogue (that was probably my fault for waiting to get him by Chapter 22--UGH!).

I want to clear my head and start a Hoshido playthrough, but first I have a bunch of questions. These are the questions that haunt me....

A. Would I be a complete masochist to do Hoshido Lunatic? How does it compare to Conquest Hard or Awakening's Lunatic? **On a side note, how hard is Revelations compared to the above?

B. Generally, Corrin wants to pick a Corrin-only wife or a second gen unit, right? Who would those candidates best be?

On Conquest I enjoyed doing Corrin X Azura, but found myself frustrated since I could never pair up my best unit for fear of losing my dancer, though I greatly appreciated +Strength, - Luck Shigure. Who are the best wives for Corrin in the first gen and the second gen? I'm told Crimson is pretty good....

If I were to marry second gen, would I be better off with Male Corrin X Matoi or Female Corrin X Shigure? What would the best Boon/Bane and parents for Matoi and Shigure be in those situations? Oboro! Matoi and Kaze! Shigure?

C. Since I'm definitely grinding as needed and wanting to pimp out My Castle, Streetpass, and DLC team setups, do I want to go +Strength, - Defense, +Strength, -Luck, or +Strength, - Magic? I am told that you want to have your bane be something beneficial to your whole squad because of the deficiency-fixing statue. Additionally, what's the best subclass for Corrin. Cavalier since there will be such a deficiency of Nohr classes?

D. Does the grinding/DLC scale to your progress like in Conquest? Am I going to have to level up everybody to max to prevent them from falling behind?

E. Since Lunatic predetermines your stat growths, would a Hard Classic Run be better for my Min-Maxing dreams?

F. I really wanted to do Oboro X Takumi because she loves him so, but I am told they are a suboptimal pairing.

A. I haven't gotten too far in Revelations yet but it seems kind of lame to me in comparison to Conquest. On level 7 (like what, the first or second level actually in the game excluding the prologue) they give you an armorslayer, a steel sword, and a killer sword on a "freebie" level packed with exp sacks.

B. I was under the impression Kana sucked and you essentially just picked your favorite free waifu whose class you wanted for Corrin.

C. Either Str/Luk or Str/Def work well, -Mag hits your Spd as well, so you'd generally want to avoid that. I get the feeling Str/Luk also negatively affects you offensively compared to Str/Def but I have no factual basis for this feeling. I think Corrin's Def growth is good enough for his unit type regardless of whether he gets a detriment to it or not and Def statue is always cool to get, so I personally go with Str/Def. I don't think it really matters too too much what his subclass is since he can class hop pretty well, especially depending on who you decide to pair him with and how willing you are to buy skills from MyCastle stuff. I think Cavalier is a solid choice all around, I personally like the idea of Outlaw, but it kind of garbages his growths for a while, I would also say Oni Savage, Lancer, and Fighter are nice, but ultimately I don't think this choice is too critical.

D. No idea.

E. Yes, probably.

F. It is sub-optimal, but it's not really bad. There are better options for sure and it doesn't give him anything he particularly needs, but it also doesn't screw him over, so if you really ship the idea I'd say go with it and just work around it.

Edited by Ginkgo

A. I haven't gotten too far in Revelations yet but it seems kind of lame to me in comparison to Conquest. On level 7 (like what, the first or second level actually in the game excluding the prologue) they give you an armorslayer, a steel sword, and a killer sword on a "freebie" level packed with exp sacks.

B. I was under the impression Kana sucked and you essentially just picked your favorite free waifu whose class you wanted for Corrin.

C. Either Str/Luk or Str/Def work well, -Mag hits your Spd as well, so you'd generally want to avoid that. I get the feeling Str/Luk also negatively affects you offensively compared to Str/Def but I have no factual basis for this feeling. I think Corrin's Def growth is good enough for his unit type regardless of whether he gets a detriment to it or not and Def statue is always cool to get, so I personally go with Str/Def. I don't think it really matters too too much what his subclass is since he can class hop pretty well, especially depending on who you decide to pair him with and how willing you are to buy skills from MyCastle stuff. I think Cavalier is a solid choice all around, I personally like the idea of Outlaw, but it kind of garbages his growths for a while, I would also say Oni Savage, Lancer, and Fighter are nice, but ultimately I don't think this choice is too critical.

D. No idea.

E. Yes, probably.

F. It is sub-optimal, but it's not really bad. There are better options for sure and it doesn't give him anything he particularly needs, but it also doesn't screw him over, so if you really ship the idea I'd say go with it and just work around it.

Thank you for your answers. I recall that -Luck does give a -1 to your final offensive mods, so I guess -Defense will be what I go with--especially if the amount of damage I take is less than Conquest.