Dragonstone Kana mag, def, or res?

Sinnohborn

Hello, visited the site like everyday since fates released in Japan and finally decided to post something!

So I'm planning on making a Kana to optimize Nohr noble and dragonstones and wondering what to make my boon. Bane will most likely be speed and if not then luck.

I'm thinking Nyx!Caeldori, Rinkah!Ignatius or Forrest for the other parent.

Edited by Sinnohborn

+DEF/-SKL, +DEF/-LCK, +DEF/-SPD are the ones I'd pick. -LCK will tap your damage, and get you another luck statue. -SPD is good for a Knight talent. Wary Fighter is awesome on units that can't get a second hit.

I'd avoid +MAG, as you won't get two hits, meaning each point is only half as effective as it would be in nearly every other situation.

+RES is fine, if you really really like RES more than DEF, but remember, +DEF also improves your RES stat.

Thanks for the advice! So it's best to go all out tank with def then? If so Rinkah!Ignatius!Kana with +def-Spd gives these mods : 0 1 -2 -4 2 10 4

I'm planning on the skills better odds, even better, renewal, wary fighter, dragon Fang, and hoshidan unity. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks for the advice! So it's best to go all out tank with def then? If so Rinkah!Ignatius!Kana with +def-Spd gives these mods : 0 1 -2 -4 2 10 4

I'm planning on the skills better odds, even better, renewal, wary fighter, dragon Fang, and hoshidan unity. Any suggestions or recommendations?

You only have room for 5 skills, and you have 6 listed here.

I'd drop Dragon Fang and Hoshidan Unity for something else. Maybe Seal Strength/Magic/Resistance for the 5th slot? I'm not sure!

(Also, I almost feel that Renewal is overkill with Even Better/Better Odds + Kana's Personal Skill, but that's up to you. haha)

Edited by prettyprincess

Swordbreaker is flat mandatory on kana/any child of the avatar in the postgame.

The game does not care how much bulk little kana stacks, a forged wyrmslayer is still killing.

Edited by joshcja

I'm also curious, why are you planning on Nohr Noble over Hoshido Noble? If the point is to stack defense, I'd rather go with Hoshido > Nohr. The extra speed is irrelevant, and Staves/Rods have more utility over Tomes/Scrolls.

edit: Actually, I can see why. 29 Def + 32 Res (Nohr) > 31 Def + 28 Res (Hoshido), plus more Magic. lol

Edited by prettyprincess