Good/bad characters for Revelations?

Ozarhok

I don't know I too found Elise to be better than Sakura. It might be because I barely used either of them for combat and they were always healing and with Elise's horse, she could run around much more easily to heal. Yes, Sakura can take a hit, but I always kept both just out of enemy range, so defense didn't really matter. Also Elise could act as a last minute ferry. Sakura is still great though.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Sakura and Elise are amazing in Rev

Make Sakura a Priestess give her a shinning bow, and watch her destroy all that lives (I suggest griding her bow rank to C in my castle the moment you get her to Priestess that way she will be useful immediately)

Personally I don't know why on earth you would make your healer a dark flyer... because dark fires don't have staffs, I suggest Mozu for dark flyer anyways.

Also people underrate Hana both birthright and revelations she is one my best units... Especially as a weapon master in Rev she was one of the Four non Royal I was actually using (Kaze, Hana, Oboro, Mozu).

Edited by Locke087

If you ever want rinkah to be relevant, heart seal her to ninja, oni savage+oni chieftain are subpar classes, you only use oni chieftain for the skills, Blacksmith is pretty neat though. Rinkah has alot of potential access to becoming a 100% crit zerker, to a Debuff unit. My main issue atm is her HP growth is like Arthurs luck growth. Nonexistent. But Having support access to like Keaton/Charlotte/Benny/Jakob/Subaki/Takumi/Ryoma/Silas/Oboro means she has a shit ton of unique access to skills along side benefitting the support though I suppose some of the children will have to suffer for poor synergy with her stat mod.

For the Elise/Sakura argument they both are solid picks, however, Elise can get Rally Defenses due to her access to Wyvern lord, so if you are the type to actually use Generals/Knights often, shes better than sakura for that sort of role, if you want a more mobile healer then sakura wins hands down. Really preferential. I prefer elise to boost my 3 tanks so I find her a solid pick, but I have used Sakura, and I prefer her as a Priestess because as mentioned above by Locke, shining bow gives her more options for combat.

Hana imo, is really good, she only needs babying to like level 10, since she has stats that a swordsmaster actually wants >Str, Spd, Skill and she gets them consistently as well so I like her alot better than hinata for that fact. Though her short comings are her poor cohesion of supports she gets. Like she doesnt need Effie/Silas nor do they want anything from her, unless you want her to become a Skill Proccing Character due to her High Skill ratings. With Luna/Pavise/Astra/Aegis, Any Ninja that can support her doesnt really need her, because they can become Swordsmen through Heart Seals, like the only supports that matter are like Laslow, Keaton, Takumi and Jakob to her, the rest of the supports aren't beneficial for anyone in terms of stats and skills.

Though for Hayato, I'm no fan on using him, for me, even when I promoted him, he continues to be a disappointment. IMO if your gonna use him, use him to get his daughter, since she feels like a more prominent mage, I say feel when really she is just hands down better mage material than hayato.

For my recommendation if you want to have a good time, Setsuna can be a hilarious pick if you get lucky sevens from her mating Niles and ButtBuddying Hana, you can make Setsuna into a massive dodge tank swordmaster equip a sunrise and partner her with Hana or Niles she has incredible dodge rate with High speed, just low-medium attack. But hey you gotta sacrifice something. For now, setsuna has like Lucky Sevens, Astra, Certain Hit, Quick Draw. Im planning to get Life and death to make her deal damage and trade astra for Sword Faire so she does dmg, though one hit she will die.

Edited by CometChaserPleinair

I made my Sakura a Dread Fighter and she's my second strongest unit behind Midori. Just gave her a Bolt Axe as her magic weapon and she just decimates anything physical or magical.

And since this is for Revelations, Dread Fighter is automatically available.

Sakura was almost ready for promotion by the time Elise joins so uh

Also can go Onmyoji and give Leo +Mag +Spd

Those of you saying Elise is good do you grind or something because I can't see her getting out of heal-lock hell for a very long time in nogrind

Ninja's not really that good for Rinkah since her str is already suspect and Ninja won't help. Dread Fighter gives base Str if you want her throwing Shurikens around and get Aggressor in the end, and is a much better choice than raw ninja(feel free to go Master Ninja after you get Agg, though, to pickup Shurikenfaire). By having Revelation, you have access to 2 free Dread Scrolls.

My preferred path for Rinkah though is Blacksmith until 20/5, Chieftain for 1 level, then go Berserker for home. This lets Rinkah build defense for a while before hitting Zerker, and then she gets a massive HP boost upon Zerk while still maintaining respectable defense. So what you get is a fairly tanky zerk who can also deal a shitton of damage and hit 100% Crit on circumstance, all the while giving you free irons from the sky. I just fed her tonics early on to get out of chapter 9 0 damage hell and she'll train herself, really (+bronze forge actually makes her work really well in 9 Lunatic). She's a lot better than people give her credit for. Rinkah has a couple of builds--I like zerk, but others like Horse God/Bolt Axe Chieftain--she's actually really flexible buildwise if you know what to do with her.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Those of you saying Elise is good do you grind or something because I can't see her getting out of heal-lock hell for a very long time in nogrind

Step 1) Load Elise up with Heal staves

Step 2) Go to Forest of Mokushu

Step 3) Put someone on spikes

Step 4) Heal repeatedly

Easiest way to grind any healer. Or in Conquest, just heal every small wound, even if only one damage.

Step 4) Heal repeatedly

Easiest way to grind any healer. Or in Conquest, just heal every small wound, even if only one damage.

see, that's still grinding

I think in character discussions like this we need to specify if we're talking grind or nogrind because people like me who refuse to grind whatsoever will not find that useful. Elise is good on Conquest regardless because she joins early. Revelations Elise in nogrind is, well

Edited by Thor Odinson

see, that's still grinding

I think in character discussions like this we need to specify if we're talking grind or nogrind because people like me who refuse to grind whatsoever will not find that useful. Elise is good on Conquest regardless because she joins early. Revelations Elise in nogrind is, well

Then just heal every injury you see, even the one damage ones. Other than that there is no way to nogrind a healer in these games. Healer is a grind class, just like Dancer used to be.

Edited by Karis

Then just heal every injury you see, even the one damage ones. Other than that there is no way to nogrind a healer in these games. Healer is a grind class, just like Dancer used to be.

That is not my point and Dancer is not a grind class

Dancer is a utility class--if you play smart Azura shouldn't even be getting hit. Whatever Azura's combat can bring to the table isn't as good as say, making Ryoma do another thing--and dancing doesn't require her to have good stats.

Rev!Sakura and Conquest!Elise are both good units because they have a shitton of availability that let's you do that and keep level with the rest of your team. Rev!Elise is not, unless you use DLC/Challenges, which I'm not willing to do, because she's level 7 and will not reach promotion in a reasonable timeframe in a nogrind setting. She can still be useful, but I wouldn't say good like those of you making her out to be a combat god.

That's why I want people to specify if they're talking about units in grind vs nogrind environments because it makes a bit difference in evaluating certain units and their viability. It'll also help people out more, since players who are willing to grind can look at the grind advice and people who prefer nogrind can look at nogrind advice. It'd be more clear that way.

Ninja's not really that good for Rinkah since her str is already suspect and Ninja won't help. Dread Fighter gives base Str if you want her throwing Shurikens around and get Aggressor in the end, and is a much better choice than raw ninja(feel free to go Master Ninja after you get Agg, though, to pickup Shurikenfaire). By having Revelation, you have access to 2 free Dread Scrolls.

My preferred path for Rinkah though is Blacksmith until 20/5, Chieftain for 1 level, then go Berserker for home. This lets Rinkah build defense for a while before hitting Zerker, and then she gets a massive HP boost upon Zerk while still maintaining respectable defense. So what you get is a fairly tanky zerk who can also deal a shitton of damage and hit 100% Crit on circumstance, all the while giving you free irons from the sky. I just fed her tonics early on to get out of chapter 9 0 damage hell and she'll train herself, really (+bronze forge actually makes her work really well in 9 Lunatic). She's a lot better than people give her credit for. Rinkah has a couple of builds--I like zerk, but others like Horse God/Bolt Axe Chieftain--she's actually really flexible buildwise if you know what to do with her.

Nope, just like conquest all I want her for outside of raw shitposting casual af funbuilds is that 7 move and aura.

Also agreeing that ninja is a terrible option for Rinkah. Her damage really is usable after tonics and blood.

Edited by joshcja

For shitposting fun builds I'm having a blast with Chieftain Saizo (after Dark Flier, I skipped Galeforce bc as if I ever get out of guard stance anyway) right now

Although mine's a bit stat screwed haha rip

How many units does the endgame map take/how many units should I train?

I plan to use:

All the royal family members, Corrin, his wife, and their children

Corrin, Azura,

Hinoka, Sakura, Ryoma, Takumi

Camilla, Elise, Xander, Leo

Kana and Shigure

That leaves four slots assuming there are 16.... that I would want to use on Takumi's wife, Xander's wife, and Elise's husband? Or the Awakening trio and maybe Felicia? I'm not sure!

For shitposting fun builds I'm having a blast with Chieftain Saizo (after Dark Flier, I skipped Galeforce bc as if I ever get out of guard stance anyway) right now

Although mine's a bit stat screwed haha rip

I'll match your cheiftain Saizo with sage Niles, and raise you a butler Leo >.>

(I gave up on pretending rev was a real game immediately)

I plan to use:

Corrin, Azura,

Kana and Shigure

That leaves four slots assuming there are 16.... that I would want to use on Takumi's wife, Xander's wife, and Elise's husband? Or the Awakening trio and maybe Felicia? I'm not sure!

It allows either 14 or 16, but to be honest, you only need 3-5 to beat Rev's Chapter 27 and Endgame.

I plan to use:

Corrin, Azura,

Kana and Shigure

Actually, Revelations endgame only allow 13 units.

Most maps in Revelations is 12 or 14 units.

Step 4) Heal repeatedly

I could do my taxes in the time it'd take to do that and that would probably be more fun.

Honestly, it really isn't even that hard to level Elise. It took about the same amount of time it did for leveling Sakura—about three chapters, including a couple scouting missions.

Because I am a grinder and, if possible, I have to level and train each character regardless of usage, all my characters more-or-less put in nothing but the finest of work.

...Plus, I'm only on Hard mode. So there is that.

Also agreeing that ninja is a terrible option for Rinkah. Her damage really is usable after tonics and blood.

better alternative than wasting tonics on her, just make her into a debuff bot until you get her husband then switch. Theres literally no point in staying as a Oni-savage, plus in lunatic mode, your growths are set so changing into any class won't change the fate of her growths or so it seems. And changing rinkah into a Dread fighter as a solution really isn't a solution, because you can do the same to any character and you make them relevant. The only reason you want rinkah to even have dread fighter is for the Aggressor skill and thats all, you really won't be using the other skills unless your an anti-mage or you decide that your tank needs clarity, iron will and even keel. Rinkah as a main tank is just down right silly, because lets face it even if she has good average base defense, her HP and Resistence is just a big joke. She has more use being a ninja early game than being a oni-savage and taking unnecssary risks. Having Poison strike on her is just a good way to compensate for her low dmg, plus I already had like seal defense and seal speed from my earlier runs so you can see my reasoning for her becoming a ninja, yes? Helps baby characters so they can kill without having to grind in the dlc.

and for Elise debate still, Elise is like lvl 8 when you get her, dont feel bad for turning her into an advanced class at lvl10 or below 20, you're unlikely gonna max your healers in any playthrough you do, like seriously None of my healers gotten passed lvl 15 advanced class. on lunatic, except forrest/foleo but thats because I used forrest for fighting than healing.

Edited by CometChaserPleinair

Sure Elise can fly, but she still cannot take a hit and she can't be a flying healer unless she marries a Sky Knight Corrin.

However I will admit that making Sakura a mounted healer is a lot of work and may not be worth it in the long run.

Your healer should never take a hit in the first place, also Elise is cuter cause cinnamon rolls.

Corrin, Camilla, Ryouma, Felicia/Jakob, Azura, Takumi are going to be your best units, Felicia/Jakob can get weapon rank/experience in the first revelations chapters, Camilla and Ryouma are stupidly good the moment they join, Azura is self explanatory, Elise is the best healer overall, Takumi joins early with a 14MT weapon that lets him pseudo fly so yeah.

The next ones will probably the remaining Royals, Kaze, Rinkah is useful cause her pair up, you could buddy her to Charlotte for ZerkerRinkah if you like her, though is somewhat time consuming, Oboro is also nice.

@FometChaserPair, the level ups rolls are set, but that doesnt mean that changing class does not help, example you have a growth of 45 and in the next level up the roll is 47 so you dont gain that stat, but if you change to a class that goes above 47 you will gain it, like in the case of OniRinkah to ZerkerRinkah

Edited by Roxachronc

Your healer should never take a hit in the first place, also Elise is cuter cause cinnamon rolls.

Maybe a healer shouldn't take hits, but it's still nice to have one you can sent to the front lines to heal without fearing that they will get killed in one shot.

And late game Revelations has a nasty habit of separating your units in groups and surround them. A healer will eventually get hurt.

Also, like others said, Elise joins as Lv. 7 unpromoted healer in Chapter 14. That doesn't help her at all.

Honestly, at least Elise should have joined at Lv.10 so she could promote and make use of her magic!

And also remembered another thing in Sakura's favor. Pairings.

In Revelations, Sakura can marry Leo, which is an incredible pairing. SakuraxLeo is one the best pairings exclusive to Revelations, in terms of gameplay.

Elise, on the other hand, gets Takumi and Ryoma, and neither are a good pairing for Elise. Sakura gains a lot of new things in Revelations while Elise gets very little.

Honestly, I know I'm repeating myself, but Elise would be pretty good, maybe even amazing, if she joined at Lv. 10 so you could promote her to Strategist instantly, because Elise can deal a lot of damage even with a Fire tome, but Elise joins as a Lv. 7 umpromoted healer during late mid game. It hurts her a lot.

Rinkah no longer has bad HP after she hits Berserker. 30% class HP growth and HP+5 is no joke and I was able to achieve the A rank with Charlotte around chapter 18 with like, 1 paralogue or something on Lunatic Classic nogrind. Ninja is very poor advice for people who actually want to use Rinkah for Rinkah and not like some disposable bot. I'm here to help people who want to get Rinkah to function like an actual unit.

There's no risk in levelling Rinkah as an Oni if you actually know what the fuck you're doing. There's plenty of ninjas to do ninja jobs, we don't need another one when Rinkah as is functions fine without if you actually know what you're doing with her.

I'm not going to argue Rinkah@Adamant Club because it's a random item/my castle bonus type thing, but it is really funny when I have a 45hp 38def berserker running around. Worth everything.

I could do my taxes in the time it'd take to do that and that would probably be more fun.

That's your problem. 1 level every 3-4 turns is pretty good. Takes less than half an hour to get Elise from Level 7 to 20 if you're smart enough.

Rinkah no longer has bad HP after she hits Berserker. 30% class HP growth and HP+5 is no joke and I was able to achieve the A rank with Charlotte around chapter 18 with like, 1 paralogue or something on Lunatic Classic nogrind. Ninja is very poor advice for people who actually want to use Rinkah for Rinkah and not like some disposable bot. I'm here to help people who want to get Rinkah to function like an actual unit.

There's no risk in levelling Rinkah as an Oni if you actually know what the fuck you're doing. There's plenty of ninjas to do ninja jobs, we don't need another one when Rinkah as is functions fine without if you actually know what you're doing with her.

I'm not going to argue Rinkah@Adamant Club because it's a random item/my castle bonus type thing, but it is really funny when I have a 45hp 38def berserker running around. Worth everything.

hmm, idk, how you guys are getting above average stats for her in terms of health, but in all my play throughs even when she went from oni-savage to berzerker, her hp never reached 40. with a defense of at best 25-35. so either I had really poor luck in three runs or you have really good luck.

hmm, idk, how you guys are getting above average stats for her in terms of health, but in all my play throughs even when she went from oni-savage to berzerker, her hp never reached 40. with a defense of at best 25-35. so either I had really poor luck in three runs or you have really good luck.

Her HP is supposed to reach 40 without boosts at 20/20 zerker on average with the reclass path of (20/5 Blacksmith, 20/6 Chieftain, Zerker rest of the way, I'll link the average calculator when I get home). If you're actually using Rinkah, the first Angelic robe you get is really good on her, and if not, HP tonic is 150g. I usually check my Rinkahs against average and I know my Hoshido Rinkah's roughly str screwed but def blessed, but was still a force to be reckoned with either way.

The Rinkah I had on Hoshido reached 56 HP by endgame with a robe and HP+5. 46 without, I guess. Might've been 2 robes because I had a spare and why not---completely unnecessary, mind, 51 is plenty good HP by itself and 41 raw's roughly average with the reclass path I took with her. Sometimes I just really like being extra.

Edited by Thor Odinson