Introduction/Little bit about me

Jax

So I've been a fire emblem fan for awhile and I stalk Serenes Forest a lot and follow the facebook page.... but I never made an account so I just decided why not make one with the release of fates and whatnot, I'm working on my conquest team and I've become very interested in that my castle code sharing thread. I figured might as well make an introduction post first lol.

My first fire emblem game was radiant dawn and ever since then I became obsessed with Ike and also went back and played some older games. I've played Blazing Sword, which has became my favorite, and also Binding Blade! (still looking to play more, especially path of radiance!!)

random stuff about me;

I'm also a computer science undergrad concentrating in game systems (so like game programming stuff).

Cherche is my avatar pic cause I love dragon riders and she is p cute

I logged 98 hours into awakening just to max out all my party's stats and get galeforce on everyone I could.

I'm really into team building... I also play competitive Pokemon

I've been to Japan

I guess I'll also fill this thing out;

Online name: Jax (also a nickname)
DoB: December 1st, 1994
Favourite FE Game: Blazing Sword (FE 7)
Favourite Game (other than FE): Final Fantasy IX
Favourite FE Character: Ike/Hector (its hard to pick!)
Least Favourite game: sports games or racing games
Sports: I like running..I did dodgeball for a little bit once
Online friends: dont really have any(?)
Favourite music: I really only listen to video game OSTs
Favourite artist/band: Nobuo Uematsu
Favourite song: Chrono Cross- On the Beach of Dreams
MSN/Yahoo/AIM: Dont really use these
Hobbies: Video Gaming, Computers,Programming, Sculpting
Good Point: perserverance
Bad Point: dont believe in myself enough

Video game programming, huh? What programs do you use? I've worked with Unity for a bit before moving into RPG Maker.

Salutations, Ciao, Aloha, etc. Welcome to the forest and enjoy your time here!

Video game programming, huh? What programs do you use? I've worked with Unity for a bit before moving into RPG Maker.

Salutations, Ciao, Aloha, etc. Welcome to the forest and enjoy your time here!

Yeah! My major mostly consists of engine programming, but currently I'm using mostly Unity and writing my own engine right now in c++!

Welcome. Just watch out for integrity. He warns people for absurd reasons.

Im assuming that is a moderator or something?

Ty all~Im excited to be here

Chicago hype! I actually just moved here recently for software consulting work.

EDIT: I also play competitive Pokemon as well funny enough, I actually went to a few VGC tournaments around here in Chicago which have been pretty fun even though this year's format isn't the best.

Edited by Heliosan

Chicago hype! I actually just moved here recently for software consulting work.

EDIT: I also play competitive Pokemon as well funny enough, I actually went to a few VGC tournaments around here in Chicago which have been pretty fun even though this year's format isn't the best.

Oh yeah? I actually hosted a VGC tournament at my schoool recently haha. I think this years format is interesting :)

Oh yeah? I actually hosted a VGC tournament at my schoool recently haha. I think this years format is interesting :)

Oh cool! Have you been to local premier challenges? They're pretty fun and there's quite a lot of solid players who come out to them.

I personally wish Dark Void and Primals didn't exist for this format which would make it a lot more fun, but it has grown on me.

If you ever want to battle, hit me up on Pokemon Showdown! Same username on there as on here haha.

Oh cool! Have you been to local premier challenges? They're pretty fun and there's quite a lot of solid players who come out to them.

I personally wish Dark Void and Primals didn't exist for this format which would make it a lot more fun, but it has grown on me.

If you ever want to battle, hit me up on Pokemon Showdown! Same username on there as on here haha.

I have not! I should go to that as I have been meaning to get more into VGC! I do play showdown though so ill keep that in mind haha

The winner in the tournament I hosted had a smeargle with dark void hahaha its real annoying

HELLO other fellow midwesterner!!!

Though I am not a computer scientist, I am a political scientist, which shares one of the same words. This means we will be bestest friends.

Haha of course :P

I have not! I should go to that as I have been meaning to get more into VGC! I do play showdown though so ill keep that in mind haha

The winner in the tournament I hosted had a smeargle with dark void hahaha its real annoying

Haha of course :P

Heh yeah Smeargle is stupid like that. I actually have one of those but I despise every time I use it so I end up not using Smeargle on my most of my teams.

If you want to know about some local VGC events going on in Illinois, then check out the Illinois VGC Crew Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420692914745816/

Rebecca, Matt, and Suzanne are the three TOs in Illinois who organize a ton of great tournaments here. I unfortunately can't go to some of them because they require having a car :( but if you do have one, then by all means go haha.

What is your favorite team that you have used so far this year? I think my favorite team was the one I borrowed (aka stole) from Wolfe Glick who won Florida Regionals. The team was Mega Salamence, Telepathy Dialga, Primal Kyogre, Choice Band Landorus-T, Focus Sash HP Water Thundurus, and Ferrothorn. Twas a really fun team especially with Choice Band Explosion from Landorus-T.

Welcome aboard, Jax!

I've always wanted to travel to Japan, I find its culture absolutely beautiful. Did you like your stay there?

Very much so! :) the atmosphere was so beautiful, and everyone was so kind! (Also a huge sucker for their food :P: )

Heh yeah Smeargle is stupid like that. I actually have one of those but I despise every time I use it so I end up not using Smeargle on my most of my teams.

If you want to know about some local VGC events going on in Illinois, then check out the Illinois VGC Crew Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420692914745816/

Rebecca, Matt, and Suzanne are the three TOs in Illinois who organize a ton of great tournaments here. I unfortunately can't go to some of them because they require having a car :( but if you do have one, then by all means go haha.

What is your favorite team that you have used so far this year? I think my favorite team was the one I borrowed (aka stole) from Wolfe Glick who won Florida Regionals. The team was Mega Salamence, Telepathy Dialga, Primal Kyogre, Choice Band Landorus-T, Focus Sash HP Water Thundurus, and Ferrothorn. Twas a really fun team especially with Choice Band Explosion from Landorus-T.

Oh man thank you I'll definitely check that fb group out! Lol having a car in chicago? no way, public transportation all the way!

I have one team I used but I dont remember it really haha for the event I had at my school I just hosted I didn't actually compete in it. Still kinda new to it, and gotta work on building more teams!