best class for Azura other than songstress?

Best Classes other than Songstress for Azura?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Best Class to patch up Azura's HP and Defense?

• General
    • Wyvern Lord
    • Great Knight
    • Oni Chieftain
    • Spear Master/Basara
  2. 2. Best offensive class for Azura in a min max environment?

• Spear Master
    • Great Lord
    • Wyvern Lord
    • Paladin
    • Sniper
    • Falcon Knight
    • Other

I personally either go Spear Master or Falcon Knight. Great Lord is better used on Caeldori imo, at least the single seal you get initially without the scramble dlcs. So far, neither of those two classes have failed me, although I much prefer Spear Master over Falcon Knight.

I had an analysis of Azura back when Fates first came out, so I'll just repost it here. (Please note that some names may be different as I was relying on translated information at the time)

I don't know if there is a "best" class, but I did have a fun making a theorectical "Nohr Hero Paladin Build" where Azura runs a lot of different auras to help with the frontline.

[spoiler=Details]Character – Azura

Disclaimer: I am working on purely theory and have no idea on how everything will actually play out as I have not played Fates or have sufficient knowledge of gameplay mechanics and its difficulty. These ideas are meant for end-game play with maxed out stats and skills. DLC classes are not taken into account for these builds.

For the most part, Azura’s class choice will mainly depend on the player’s judgement on how important the Dance skill is. That, and trying to stick with more “canon” or “character-like” classes, it can be somewhat difficult to find a different class for Azura to use.

The base class, Singer, can be argued to be easily outclassed by almost every other option. The main two drawbacks are the low HP (45 is the lowest HP cap), as well as a sad weapon rank cap of C in Lances. However, the class makes up in utility with the almighty Dance ability, so that command alone will practically make or break Azura’s class selection, especially considering that Azura is the only dancer available in Fates. In addition, with the weapons changes in Fates, Azura may not need a higher rank weapon, especially if she will mainly be regulated to dance duty.

Now, it is possible to turn Azura into a frontline support unit instead. When Azura reclasses into something a little more formidable, her personal skill will help the frontline fighters stay alive for longer. In addition, Azura’s access to various other auras can also be a boon, so she can hold her own and support her allies more directly with auras instead of dancing just behind the front lines.

Azura – Nohr Dancer Build

[spoiler=Detailed Information]Marriage Seal – Any

Buddy Seal – Elise

Class: Singer

Main Weapon 1: Guard Naginata (Grants +5 Def and Res) [if possible to obtain on Nohr]

Main Weapon 2: Magic Seal Lance (Abysmal Attack, but +8 Res)

Skills:

*Healing Voice*

- Allies within a 2 tile radius recover 10% HP at the start of the user’s Turn

Special Song (Singer – Azura Base)

- Skill, Speed and Luck +3 for one Turn for the unit who receives the user’s song

Demoiselle (Rod Knight – Elise Buddy Seal)

- Male allies within a 2 tile radius receive 2 less damage during battles

Battle Command (Strategist – Elise Buddy Seal)

- Allies within a 2 tile radius deal 2 extra damage and receive 2 less damage during battles.

Sun God (Golden Kite Warrior – Azura Reclass)

- Allies within a 2 tile radius recover 20% HP at the start of the user’s Turn

Optional Skill

- Throw a skill of your choice here!

Optional Skills:

Voice of Peace (Singer – Azura Base)

- Enemies within a 2 tile radius deal 2 less damage.

-- AN: Azura should be playing support and while near the front lines, and not exposed to danger. However, given somewhat poor synergy available for the Dancer Class and skills, Voice of Peace can be used to give Azura a small defense and resistance boost. The benefit to her allies is just the icing on the cake.

Foreign Princess (Singer – Azura Base)

-“Foreign Army” enemies within a 2 tile radius deal 2 less damage and receive 2 extra damage

-- AN: Swap this one in if you happen to be facing Foreign Army enemies, otherwise have something else.

Soar (Singer – Azura Base)

- Hit rate and Avoid +30 when facing Flying enemies

-- AN: An optional skill to take advantage of the Avoid +30 for survivability. If Azura is properly protected, she may still be exposed to fliers, and this ability helps to keep Azura alive.

Reasoning

I am giving Aqua a defensive weapon as she is not meant to be a front line attacker, instead electing to dance and let her allies do the work.

As for skills, as Azura is remaining to be the Singer class, it can be rather obvious to keep the Special Song skill which improves her singing ability. The rest I focused on auras so Azura can continue to support her allies as well as skills that will help Azura survive easier (especially considering Azura’s low HP cap and penalties to DEF).

Azura – Nohr Hero “The Paladin” Build

[spoiler=Detailed Information]Marriage Seal – Lazwad

Buddy Seal – Elise

Class: Hero

Main Weapon: Varies

Skills:

*Healing Voice*

Sol (Hero – Lazward Marriage Seal)

- Skill% chance of restoring half the damage dealt to the enemy

- Enemies within a 2 tile radius deal 2 less damage

- Allies within a 2 tile radius deal 2 extra damage and receive 2 less damage during battles.

Optional Skill

Optional Skills:

-- AN: If you happen to be fielding a lot of male frontline units, then Demoiselle can be a good choice to use to increase their defenses.

-“Foreign Army” enemies within a 2 tile radius deal 2 less damage and receive 2 extra damage

-- AN: Swap this one in if you happen to be facing Foreign Army enemies, otherwise have something else.

Axebreaker or Kunaibreaker (Hero or Bow Knight – Lazward Marriage Seal)

- Hit rate and Avoid +50 when the enemy is equipped with an (Axe or Kunai).

-- AN: If you are a fan of breaker skills, Azura can equip these two thanks to the marriage seal from Lazward. These skills can help Azura a little with offense and survivability. Personally, I would probably choose Kunaibreaker due to their 1-2 range and would probably have Azura wield a sword, which beats axes (and bows) but is weak to Kunai (and lances).

Reasoning

Sharing many of the skills from my Nohr Dancer (or Singer) build, this set allows Azura to be on the frontlines supporting her allies more directly with auras and DPS instead of singing. Special Song is replaced with Sol for survivability (and she will not be singing as a Hero anyway). Battle Command and Sun God return to serve as auras, and now since Azura is a frontline unit, Voice of Peace is also a good addition to her skillset over Demoiselle.

However, this build requires a lot more investment than the previous due to scattered skillsets and trying to transform Aqua into a frontline fighter instead of a support unit. However, it’s probably still a fun build to use when messing around in “postgame”.

Azura – Hoshido Singer Build

[spoiler=Detailed information]

Marriage Seal – Jakob

Buddy Seal – Any

Main Weapon 1: Guard Naginata (Grants +5 Def and Res)

Skills:

*Healing Voice*

- Skill, Speed and Luck +3 for one Turn for the unit who receives the user’s song

Demoiselle (Rod Knight – Jakob Marriage Seal)

Battle Command (Strategist – Jakob Marriage Seal)

Optional Skill

Optional Skills:

-- AN: Azura should be playing support and while near the front lines, and not exposed to danger. However, given somewhat poor synergy available for the Dancer Class and skills, Voice of Peace can be used to give Azura a small defense and resistance boost. The benefit to her allies is just the icing on the cake.

-- AN: An optional skill to take advantage of the Avoid +30 for survivability. If Azura is properly protected, she may still be exposed to fliers, and this ability helps to keep Azura alive.

Reasoning

This build is practically identical to the Nohr singer build, but instead of using a Buddy Seal on Elise, Azura marries Jakob and uses a Marriage Seal. The following information is a copy-paste from the counterpart’s build.

“I am giving Aqua a defensive weapon as she is not meant to be a front line attacker, instead electing to dance and let her allies do the work.

As for skills, as Azura is remaining to be the Singer class, it can be rather obvious to keep the Special Song skill which improves her singing ability. The rest I focused on auras so Azura can continue to support her allies as well as skills that will help Azura survive easier (especially considering Azura’s low HP cap and penalties to DEF).”

There are probably more builds for Azura (It seems Pupeteer is fairly popular for the Copycat Puppet skill, but the Pupeteer class does not really appeal to me), but I’ll let other users post their ideas and discussion regarding the heroine of Fates.

As for what is the best class for Azura, I have to go with the majority and say Singer for practically everything. Even at endgame, if one can overlook Azura’s low HP and Weapon Rank, her other stats are somewhat competitive with other Tier 2 promotions, leaning more toward the “agile support” instead of a frontline fighter.

I had an analysis of Azura back when Fates first came out, so I'll just repost it here. (Please note that some names may be different as I was relying on translated information at the time)

I don't know if there is a "best" class, but I did have a fun making a theorectical "Nohr Hero Paladin Build" where Azura runs a lot of different auras to help with the frontline.

[spoiler=Details]Character – Azura

Disclaimer: I am working on purely theory and have no idea on how everything will actually play out as I have not played Fates or have sufficient knowledge of gameplay mechanics and its difficulty. These ideas are meant for end-game play with maxed out stats and skills. DLC classes are not taken into account for these builds.

For the most part, Azura’s class choice will mainly depend on the player’s judgement on how important the Dance skill is. That, and trying to stick with more “canon” or “character-like” classes, it can be somewhat difficult to find a different class for Azura to use.

The base class, Singer, can be argued to be easily outclassed by almost every other option. The main two drawbacks are the low HP (45 is the lowest HP cap), as well as a sad weapon rank cap of C in Lances. However, the class makes up in utility with the almighty Dance ability, so that command alone will practically make or break Azura’s class selection, especially considering that Azura is the only dancer available in Fates. In addition, with the weapons changes in Fates, Azura may not need a higher rank weapon, especially if she will mainly be regulated to dance duty.

Now, it is possible to turn Azura into a frontline support unit instead. When Azura reclasses into something a little more formidable, her personal skill will help the frontline fighters stay alive for longer. In addition, Azura’s access to various other auras can also be a boon, so she can hold her own and support her allies more directly with auras instead of dancing just behind the front lines.

Azura – Nohr Dancer Build

[spoiler=Detailed Information]Marriage Seal – Any

Buddy Seal – Elise

Main Weapon 1: Guard Naginata (Grants +5 Def and Res) [if possible to obtain on Nohr]

Main Weapon 2: Magic Seal Lance (Abysmal Attack, but +8 Res)

Skills:

*Healing Voice*

Optional Skill

Optional Skills:

Reasoning

I am giving Aqua a defensive weapon as she is not meant to be a front line attacker, instead electing to dance and let her allies do the work.

As for skills, as Azura is remaining to be the Singer class, it can be rather obvious to keep the Special Song skill which improves her singing ability. The rest I focused on auras so Azura can continue to support her allies as well as skills that will help Azura survive easier (especially considering Azura’s low HP cap and penalties to DEF).

Azura – Nohr Hero “The Paladin” Build

[spoiler=Detailed Information]Marriage Seal – Lazwad

Buddy Seal – Elise

Class: Hero

Main Weapon: Varies

Skills:

*Healing Voice*

Sol (Hero – Lazward Marriage Seal)

- Skill% chance of restoring half the damage dealt to the enemy

- Enemies within a 2 tile radius deal 2 less damage

Optional Skill

Optional Skills:

-- AN: If you happen to be fielding a lot of male frontline units, then Demoiselle can be a good choice to use to increase their defenses.

Axebreaker or Kunaibreaker (Hero or Bow Knight – Lazward Marriage Seal)

- Hit rate and Avoid +50 when the enemy is equipped with an (Axe or Kunai).

-- AN: If you are a fan of breaker skills, Azura can equip these two thanks to the marriage seal from Lazward. These skills can help Azura a little with offense and survivability. Personally, I would probably choose Kunaibreaker due to their 1-2 range and would probably have Azura wield a sword, which beats axes (and bows) but is weak to Kunai (and lances).

Reasoning

Sharing many of the skills from my Nohr Dancer (or Singer) build, this set allows Azura to be on the frontlines supporting her allies more directly with auras and DPS instead of singing. Special Song is replaced with Sol for survivability (and she will not be singing as a Hero anyway). Battle Command and Sun God return to serve as auras, and now since Azura is a frontline unit, Voice of Peace is also a good addition to her skillset over Demoiselle.

However, this build requires a lot more investment than the previous due to scattered skillsets and trying to transform Aqua into a frontline fighter instead of a support unit. However, it’s probably still a fun build to use when messing around in “postgame”.

Azura – Hoshido Singer Build

[spoiler=Detailed information]

Marriage Seal – Jakob

Buddy Seal – Any

Main Weapon 1: Guard Naginata (Grants +5 Def and Res)

Skills:

*Healing Voice*

Demoiselle (Rod Knight – Jakob Marriage Seal)

Battle Command (Strategist – Jakob Marriage Seal)

Optional Skill

Optional Skills:

Reasoning

This build is practically identical to the Nohr singer build, but instead of using a Buddy Seal on Elise, Azura marries Jakob and uses a Marriage Seal. The following information is a copy-paste from the counterpart’s build.

“I am giving Aqua a defensive weapon as she is not meant to be a front line attacker, instead electing to dance and let her allies do the work.

As for skills, as Azura is remaining to be the Singer class, it can be rather obvious to keep the Special Song skill which improves her singing ability. The rest I focused on auras so Azura can continue to support her allies as well as skills that will help Azura survive easier (especially considering Azura’s low HP cap and penalties to DEF).”

There are probably more builds for Azura (It seems Pupeteer is fairly popular for the Copycat Puppet skill, but the Pupeteer class does not really appeal to me), but I’ll let other users post their ideas and discussion regarding the heroine of Fates.

As for what is the best class for Azura, I have to go with the majority and say Singer for practically everything. Even at endgame, if one can overlook Azura’s low HP and Weapon Rank, her other stats are somewhat competitive with other Tier 2 promotions, leaning more toward the “agile support” instead of a frontline fighter.

Azura has mods of +1 Skill, +3 Speed, and - 3 Defense, I think....

Her Spear Master has 34 Strength, 34 Skill, 35 Speed, 29 Luck, 27 Defense, 29 Resistance

Her Great Lord has 30 Strength, 33 Skill, 37 Speed, 35 Luck, 26 Defense, 31 Resistance

Thoughts? Is 4 points of strength worth more than two points of speed?

Edited by Lucina's Husband