Dodge tank team or glass cannon team: is it possible?

Near

Since Fates offers online multiplayer it pretty much opened a lot of variations for teams. I see a lot of repeated teams since they've been proven 'viable' but they gave us choices for a reason so on topic; I specifically had in mind a dodge tanking kind of team or a glass canon kind of team, would this be viable or possible? I usually see people go for a strength boon but I'm worried that I won't be able to get the high avoid that I want. If I were to do this I'd go for a speed boon and probably luck bane or defense, but it seems like my statue for defense bane might be better. Because I want to dodge tank, do I need to talent as samurai or does it not really matter? And lastly, because it'll be a min-max file, does Kanna suffer from my boon and bane? For the sake of min-maxing I'll probably marry a 2nd gen unit to get the best Kanna.

Dodge tanking is a lot less viable then before due to how RNG works in this game. As for glass canons, probably if you plan right. Personally, when I get the game, I plan on building m team around the basic MMO set-up:

Tank

Damage

Damage

Support

Plus my MU.

ftfy, magic is pretty shite in this game

Yeah, that is true, but with +Mag, MU and Kana can be tanks for PvP and also you get a Spd boost.

Yeah, that is true, but with +Mag, MU and Kana can be tanks for PvP and also you get a Spd boost.

Strength also provides a boost to skill, which is also quite important (procs). In addition to being the overall better offensive stat, it gets the edge imo. Speed's definitely the best though.

Edited by Gaia

I find it odd that one would attempt to make a character tank hits and dodge hits since you'll want to do one or the other. Tanky characters usually have average speed and luck at best. Glass Cannons better have the proper skills or they'll get knocked out ot the part by a lucky hit (considering that RNG can curse one more than bless him/her). +Speed for a boon isn't bad but then you'll want to consider which stat should be your bane. Also, since the caps for characters is limited (mostly on HP) in Fates, it isn't easy for most characters to tank as much as before such as in Awakening where you could tank all day long.

Anna and Rhajat are good magic users too. Rhajat's main problem is she often has really poor skill growths, although Anna is pretty awesome if you change her to a witch.

Although the witch and the Anna DLC isn't out yet in NA, it's something to consider when they are released.

I think I may have found my answer, which is the strategy some have used with a Swordmaster equipped with breaker skills and a sunrise katana or maybe hagakure. Would Swordmaster be the only class capable of abusing avoid?

I remember the days I could put a Myrmidon in a forest tile and watch him dodge pretty much everything. Now in Fates I pray for the heavens even against a 20% hit rate.

Although sometimes it does work in your favor. Completed Chapter 21 in Conquest because Charlotte dodged a 78% and 71%.

Have no idea how the RNG work in this game.

Edited by Lanko

I remember the days I could put a Myrmidon in a forest tile and watch him dodge pretty much everything. Now in Fates I pray for the heavens even against a 20% hit rate.

Although sometimes it does work in your favor. Completed Chapter 21 in Conquest because Charlotte dodged a 78% and 71%.

Have no idea how the RNG work in this game.

Below 50%, 1 RN. 20% is going to hit you 1 in 5 times.

Above 50%, 2 RN. 90% is going to hit 99% of the time.

There's a thread going on to figure out the details, that's trying to figure out if a less elegant system is being used, but this has matched my study, mostly.