One of my friends found a woodpecker

Just call me AL

And he decided to have it as a pet for at least a while. And out of the blue, he asked me if I knew how many times per day does it it. I couldn't find anything as of yet. But do any of you guys know? I know they eat bugs and berries and all that, but how many times per day?

No idea. And typically speaking, if you don't know the very basics of how to take care of something, you probably shouldn't be taking care of that particular thing.

To be fair, how often is it does one manage to find and tend to a woodpecker?

And besides, I'm not the one that even found it.

Edited by Just call me AL

To be fair, how often is it does one manage to find and tend to a woodpecker?

And besides, I'm not the one that even found it.

Well, wait. I mean, is your friend just trying to leave food out for it? Or do they literally have it in their home or something? The point is that you (and by you I mean people in general, I know you weren't the one to find it) really shouldn't take wild animals out of their habitat for basically any reason, especially very frail animals like birds. If it was injured, then it needs to be brought to a professional, even a local vet would probably know where to take it.

Well, wait. I mean, is your friend just trying to leave food out for it? Or do they literally have it in their home or something? The point is that you (and by you I mean people in general, I know you weren't the one to find it) really shouldn't take wild animals out of their habitat for basically any reason, especially very frail animals like birds. If it was injured, then it needs to be brought to a professional, even a local vet would probably know where to take it.

I bolded what the situation is, cage and all. And it was indeed injured, with the problem lying in one of the wings. My friend did say that his GF would try to take it to the vet.

I bolded what the situation is, cage and all. And it was indeed injured, with the problem lying in one of the wings. My friend did say that his GF would try to take it to the vet.

Ah, okay. Yeah, I know there are some guides online on how to care for an injured wild bird, though I don't know if there are any specific to woodpeckers. So long as he gets it to someone soon, then it's fine.

Also, placing a suet cake in its cage might work. They really like it and they'd probably know how much of it to eat, so your friend wouldn't have to worry about not feeding it enough. It's not a long time solution though.