Kind of a missed opportunity Forrest can't promote into a Maid

Magikarpador

I dunno. Forrest may be a crossdresser, but he identifies himself as being male nonetheless, just with a feminine style. Considering how a maid refers to a female domestic servant (in terms of gender and not in terms of attire), I'm not sure if it would be accurately reflective of his sexual identity.

If he could on the other hand promote into a butler with custom feminine attire in his 3D model, that may be a different story...

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

I will never understand why people think it would have been better for Forrest to promote to Maid >_<.

Like,Forrest is supposed to help Nintedno, a normally kid-friendly company, step-forward and show they are welcome to all types of people, even men who prefer to dress like Forrest does or people who find attraction in the same-sex, ala, Niels and Rhajat.

I mean Forrest's whole character arc is about trying to get people to stop being so God damn ignorant and accept him for who he is. And you know what would have happened if Forrest promoted to maid, a shit storm. Fans would out cry like they did with Soleil, a shit tonne of people would have more then likely taken him as a complete joke character and the game would get a lot of flak since for some reason a lot of western parents are prude as fuck and as soon as hey see a male in a dress, well, Ninetedo woudl be very busy answering mail saying they are trying to corrupt their children.

I'm sorry if I seem very aggressive, but when I see things like this, it angers me how ignorant people can be and how they don't think of the chain affect that would happen. I mean, we are lucky we got what we got to the extent that we got.

Jesus, I don't understand why a guy can't dress in pink and be feminine without getting shit like this thrown at them.

/rant over/

I will never understand why people think it would have been better for Forrest to promote to Maid >_<.

Like,Forrest is supposed to help Nintedno, a normally kid-friendly company, step-forward and show they are welcome to all types of people, even men who prefer to dress like Forrest does or people who find attraction in the same-sex, ala, Niels and Rhajat.

I mean Forrest's whole character arc is about trying to get people to stop being so God damn ignorant and accept him for who he is. And you know what would have happened if Forrest promoted to maid, a shit storm. Fans would out cry like they did with Soleil, a shit tonne of people would have more then likely taken him as a complete joke character and the game would get a lot of flak since for some reason a lot of western parents are prude as fuck and as soon as hey see a male in a dress, well, Ninetedo woudl be very busy answering mail saying they are trying to corrupt their children.

I'm sorry if I seem very aggressive, but when I see things like this, it angers me how ignorant people can be and how they don't think of the chain affect that would happen. I mean, we are lucky we got what we got to the extent that we got.

Jesus, I don't understand why a guy can't dress in pink and be feminine without getting shit like this thrown at them.

/rant over/

Which would probably kill any hope of export for this game, right?

I dunno. Forrest may be a crossdresser, but he identifies himself as being male nonetheless, just with a feminine style. Considering how a maid refers to a female domestic servant (in terms of gender and not in terms of attire), I'm not sure if it would be accurately reflective of his sexual identity.

If he could on the other hand promote into a butler with custom feminine attire in his 3D model, on the other hand, that may be a different story...

Entirely this.

I was kinda sad when they just jammed the generic butler outfit on him though.

Entirely this.

I was kinda sad when they just jammed the generic butler outfit on him though.

I hated that, too. His adorable hat clashes too much with the generic outfit. It physically pains me to reclass him to Butler because it is so damn tacky with his hat. I just cannot express it enough.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Sorry for the late response, I forgot about this.

If he could on the other hand promote into a butler with custom feminine attire in his 3D model, that may be a different story...

Ah, I wasn't aware that the term maid specifically referred to females beforehand. I just meant it'd make more sense as a clothes option than what Butler gives him.

/rant over/

It would be such a minor change, I don't see how you can get any of this out of that. The average response would likely be "huh".

And apologizing for being aggressive doesn't work if you call me ignorant in the same sentence.

Wearing feminine clothing in a promotion instead of male clothing is somehow offensive when he's already wearing feminine clothes?

Basically this. Everything points towards Forrest being straight and male; he just has a unique fashion sense. And I'd be all for a fancy, tricked-out butler design for him.

Basically this. Everything points towards Forrest being straight and male; he just has a unique fashion sense. And I'd be all for a fancy, tricked-out butler design for him.

Beautiful thoughts of Sparkling David Bowie meets Elton John Butler Forrest are spawning in my mind. Like take the suit, recolor it to Forrest's taste, modify the clothes themselves a bit, and then bedazzle it into infinity.

Beautiful thoughts of Sparkling David Bowie meets Elton John Butler Forrest are spawning in my mind. Like take the suit, recolor it to Forrest's taste, modify the clothes themselves a bit, and then bedazzle it into infinity.

Forrest in a Prince suit sings with Odin Bowie.

Angels weep.

I thought Foresset was a female and was planning on maybe s-ranking. Then I found he was a male. However in response to the ignorant statemententioned above. I dislike cross dressing and I think men shouldn't do it. I also dislike homosexuality, but I don't dislike those that participate in those activities. What you do in life is up to you. What beliefs you follow is up to you. However some beliefs are a bit strange and shouldn't be followed. (Like the notion that there is no such thing as truth, or that it is subjective insted of Objective. Things like that just make no sense.) Am I saying that we should affirm everyone's lifestyle no. I have a gay cousin, and he knows that I don't like what he is involved in, and me and him have talked about it before. However he knows that I love him and I'm there for him, if he ever needs me.