Corrin's Secondary Class

Horuos

What is the best secondary class for the Avatar? I hear its ninja or samurai, but I really don't know for sure.

Does it matter also what gender you are? (i.e Dragon rider Corrin for male character is better stat-wise than female?)

The only case I can think of gender mattering is for which dlc classes you want, or if you pick priest/priestess as your talent as that will effect if you get bows or spears in one of the promotions for that class, well that and the minor skill difference between male and female troubadours.

Stat differences are pretty much based on your boon and bane. I tend to pick a class that is the opposite of the route I pick or what I want to pass to the character I marry. Skills are not as big a deal as they can be bought online.

It all depends on your boon/bane and which side you pick.

For example, if you want a magic Corrin and you sided with Hoshido, you should pick Mage, but if you want magic Corrin and side with Nohr, then you should pick Diviner.

It all depends on your boon/bane and which side you pick.

For example, if you want a magic Corrin and you sided with Hoshido, you should pick Mage, but if you want magic Corrin and side with Nohr, then you should pick Diviner.

Like going for what he said, you should never really pick a class you already get on this other side.

Idk it honestly depends on what you're going for.

​If you're doing a lunatic no grind run, Cavalier, Ninja, Samurai, Mage, etc are highly recommended because you want to start building the weapon rank as soon as you hit level 10 (using tonics to help before you get past the E-grind). While in the long run it would probably be wise to choose a class that isn't available on your side, in reality you won't have any supports ready for when you will actually want to switch classes.

​If you're doing not lunatic or if you're allowing grinding, then pick a class that isn't on that route if you don't plan on marrying someone. If you plan on marrying someone, choose a class that will help them in some form (and if you're wanting to re-class your partner, something that isn't available to them via A+). As an example, Xander will really benefit from Ninja even though Kaze can A+ him because the Ninja pair up bonuses are what he's looking for, not the class itself.

One thing to bear in mind is whether any classes will be unobtainable--I am locked out of Apothecary and Oni Savage because of my marriage option and gender.

Actually you can get Apothecary for the Male Corrin from Yukimura.

So it's only Oni Savage, and even then you could always marry Rinkah.

Edited by Water Mage

Actually you can get Apothecary for the Male Corrin from Yukimura.

So it's only Oni Savage, and even then you could always marry Rinkah.

In the case of Revelation, Yukimura isn't available. I don't see any other case where those two would be the only classes he's locked out of.

Well, I picked Mercenary, reclassed into this and promoted to Hero. So far, so good.

But honestly? If you pick a class that has access to swords (or at least, has a promotion that does), I think you're good, since the game shoves Yato into your inventory.

While I don't have my game near my to check Conquest and Birthright, in Revelations, you don't need to use it as the stat buffs are available as long as the Yato is in your inventory, so you're free to use any class without worrying about the Yato.

While I don't have my game near my to check Conquest and Birthright, in Revelations, you don't need to use it as the stat buffs are available as long as the Yato is in your inventory, so you're free to use any class without worrying about the Yato.

Unless you're fighting someone with Dragonskin.

Doesn't really matter what gender you are for classes and stats, but picking the male avatar will force you to give up a child if you marry a waifu that isn't a corrinsexual. Female avatars avoid that child problem.

Boon and bane are the name of the stat game here where I picked a tanky +Def and -Skl Corrin because most of the people in Birthright are fast or squishy. With the exception of Subaki, Rinkah. and Oboro.

I picked Lancer for my secondary class for Rend Heaven, and Quixotic to stack with Hoshidan Unity. The seal skills the Lancer class tree gets is nice too.

Edited by Fanatic&Ecstatic