Trying to choose a second gen wife

Which second gen should I marry?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which wife for a +Magic, -Defense Avatar

• AzuraNina for +5 Magic and +9 Speed
    • EliseOphelia for +9 Magic, +3 Speed

I am torn between AzuraNina with her high speed and use as a Bow Knight or Adventurer and Elise!Ophelia and her use as a Sorcerer or Dark Flier.

Kana will probably be a Nohr Noble or Dark Flier!

Does Kana generally want high speed or magic? I feel like Nina gives me the best of both worlds with a speed stat that is in the top 3 and good magic, but IDK!

Depends entirely on your postgame pvp setup. I generally build kana last to fill whatever spot role I missed.

Kana is straight up booty garbage in game cause his/her inherent growths are lower than Nyx's.

Edited by joshcja

well without Omega Yato you're subject to getting doubled by fellow Avatars. After Witch's Trial comes out, just being a male character in general will put you in a disadvantage.

But if this is PvP i'd definitely say go for Nina. I usually pair Ophelia with Forrest myself if you need someone to give her to.

Edited by Jakkun

Yeah you don't have to equip it, which is why you can have a Swordmaster/Master Ninja build with like 60+ speed.

Either one's fine tbh, though I'd go with -Def or -Luck personally.

My Avatar's a Nohr Noble with +Spd/-Luck and I hit 50 Spd with Nina and a few statues.

Yeah you don't have to equip it, which is why you can have a Swordmaster/Master Ninja build with like 60+ speed.

Either one's fine tbh, though I'd go with -Def or -Luck personally.

My Avatar's a Nohr Noble with +Spd/-Luck and I hit 50 Spd with Nina and a few statues.

Will probably do -Luck if I marry Ophelia and -Defense if I marry Nina! Any other good boon/bane parent combos for Kana?

I suggest doing -Def instead if you're gonna marry Ophelia, since -Luck gives -1 Mag too.

Ive only played around with +Spd/-Luck but I hear that +Mag/-Def is very good.

On the chance that you play as a Female Avatar, +Mag/-Def paired with a Nyx!Forrest will net you the most powerful magic Kanna possible.

Will the defense bane screw me over a lot in PVP?

I was tempted to do NyxNina but it is a terrible pairing for the parents and cuts into your skill, though it would give me a +8 Magic and +8 Speed Kana at the cost of an awful 3 point skill hit to -2 Skill which i hate!

Tbh the Def bane won't matter because the best units tend to use Brave/Killer weapons with Luna/Aether/Lethality and are adept at ORKO'ing people. I usually go for high speed so I fare a better chance of avoiding said nonsense.