• DLC
  2. 2. If DLC, which one(s)?

• Vanguard Dawn
    • Anna on The Run
    • Ghostly Gold
    • Boo Camp
    • Other
    • All

I drove all the way up to Gamestop to buy a $20 eShop gift card for Revelation. I got home and added the money to my account only to realize I was $1.24 short of being able to buy it. I really want Revelation, but I'd rather not buy another $10 card, and there's also new DLC. I already own Birthright. What do?

EDIT: POLL CLOSED

Final decision was made, I'm buying Map Pack 1 now, and waiting until Monday to reload my prepaid card and buy Revelation.

Edited by Based Goomy

Also, if you intend to buy most DLCs anyway, it's better to buy the "DLC Pack 1" for $17,99, which will save you approximately ~7 bucks. Pretty much 3-4 DLC for free.

I would buy Revelations too. Either add needed funds or buy another $10. Later you can add on the leftovers to buy the pack, perhaps.

Edited by Lanko

If you have a credit/debit card, you can use the "Add needed funds" option to add the $1.24 to your account.

That's my problem. I have a reloadable NetSpend card but it's currently empty and costs $5 to reload each time. Though I could just say "screw it" and do that.

Don't you get a discount if you have one of the games? Or does that only apply if you downloaded the game from the eShop? With the discount, it should only be 19.99 USD.

At any rate, I would suggest getting Revelations for the whole Fates experience, then get the DLC pack at a later date.

Don't you get a discount if you have one of the games? Or does that only apply if you downloaded the game from the eShop? With the discount, it should only be 19.99 USD.

At any rate, I would suggest getting Revelations for the whole Fates experience, then get the DLC pack at a later date.

I'm guessing it's taxes that add that extra $1 he is missing.

I'm guessing it's taxes that add that extra $1 he is missing.

eShop has tax??? Don't you have to download Revelations? Revelations has a physical release? I am ignorant because I just downloaded everything from the eShop and stuff.

eShop has tax??? Don't you have to download Revelations? Revelations has a physical release? I am ignorant because I just downloaded everything from the eShop and stuff.

Yep, it has, even if it's digital. It depends on the state he lives. Although here it doesn't have a tax, a screen appears showing the amount of tax the state charges you for anyway.

Edited by Lanko

Yep, it has, even if it's digital. It depends on the state he lives. Although here it doesn't have a tax, a screen appears showing the amount of tax the state charges you for anyway.

My mind has been blown.

I live in Georgia and I don't get a screen talking about sales taxes or anything.

...Though, I could have been ignoring those screens and just clicking through them to buy my games.