Super Robot Wars RP Interest check

Nanami Touko

That'll depend on what the RPers want, ideally.

If two people want something simple, like a robot and a backpack, that's easy enough.

There's also two people piloting the same robot, either switching the leader or one simply supporting the other.

Or, super robots like the grungust/ryukooh/koryuoh, where the robot is multiple parts/transforms

It'll really depend on what people want to sign up as, but I'll let people be creative.

How many slots do you think the actual RP might have? I'd be kinda interested...

Probably going to keep pilot slots to 7-8, like with here.

I'll be picking on a personal basis (if I know you, if I know how you RP, what interactions I've had with you) because I want this thing to last so I need people in it that I can trust.

Other than the main pilots, there's a lotta NPC spots, like ensign, mechanics, characters you might want related to the pilots that become co-pilots later (you know how the robot shows do it)

We'll see \ '3'/

Edited by Melissa

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many slots do you think the actual RP might have? I'd be kinda interested...

In one of the macross tv series there's a musical robot group. The music buffs stats in SRW D and is really powerful. It also exists somewhere in the alpha series but I'm not sure what it does there outside of a plot event.

I also vaguely recall it mattering in RahXephon, but I barely remember anything about that and think it was more a sonic-based attack than actual feature.

I will say now, Acacia, just so you don't get your hopes up too high, I will probably bar you from making a pilot because I haven't had any good RP experiences with you, nor have I heard much good from people who have also RPed with you (shinvel comes to mind). I need people that I know won't flake because they had a bad day or had a fight with someone in the group. Maybe I'll change my mind two months down the road, but if you're set on this, I would suggest thinking up some NPC ideas.

I had the feeling this would happen. Well, at least you're crushing my hopes and dreams now instead of finding myself waiting if you'll do it or not later.

Oh well, life goes on and all that. Good luck on this and all that. Bye!

?
No, you're free to sign up

I have little to no idea how you are in RPs so I might pick people before you but you're definitely free to apply once it happens

Acacia just has a history with the RP section.

Edited by Melissa

OK, since I have almost no RP experience and none here, I expect I won't make it in. You say there are NPC slots. The way you mention it makes it sound like you're offering that as a possibility for other interested people to try out? I'd be interested if that's the case. Hope things go well in the trial run.

But I know all about you severian~

Of course! Even if I don't pick your pilot you can still be involved with stuff, whether it be on the sidelines on the ship or alongside a pilot in combat. We'll have it all set up when I post the real RP.

But I know all about you severian~

Of course! Even if I don't pick your pilot you can still be involved with stuff, whether it be on the sidelines on the ship or alongside a pilot in combat. We'll have it all set up when I post the real RP.

Oh ok I didn't remember you changed your name, I know who you are too ofc.

Acacia just has a history with the RP section.

Sure, I would totally not try to avoid that with something SRW related.

Also I'm pretty sure my track record ain't 100%. Not all RP's I've been with I've left for issues. Even in RotE I avoided it for almost two years until it finally wore me out.

But oh well.

The passive aggression doesn't help your case

and I can only base my judgement on what I've been a part of.

I'm sure there've been RPs where things have been fine.

I said you had a history, nothing more.

Uh... what passive aggression? Honest question.

Well, either way, I understand if you don't want me here. I just... not want people get the wrong idea with just "has a history".

Edited by Acacia Sgt

All the "Oh well"s are easy to read as that, if that wasn't your intention then I apologize

I also didn't say I want you gone. I said I'd rather you not submit a pilot. If something did happen with you and you left, that would mean writing off a part of the main cast. I'd feel more comfortable with you as an NPC in case something did happen. If that's not what you want, that's fine.

Honestly, it's more depressed resignation than any intent of aggresiveness, if I need to clarify.

Yeah. Considering this is SRW, an NPC won't do it for me. I think I should just drop this than try to change your mind in giving me a chance.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Alright. Sorry to hear.

As for an UPDATE on the test run, we're almost doooooone

Map sprites are gathered and enemy stats are being discussed

Should be done tonight?

Monday was a very conservative guess for getting this all ready u w u

But it's almost done~

8d154ebf3a.png

The gang's all here~

8d154ebf3a.png

The gang's all here~

Let's see if I recognize anything

From left to right: a goldfish seen from above, a bird, a jet, a pistachio, black hole, bowl of ramen with chopsticks, french fries, and Mega Man's helmet

I'd probably consider it. You're not as bad as you used to be and I can see that in rote. As long as you keep working on making sure you read every post (because a few things still slip by you, sometimes), I can't see a problem.