So Gunter? (Conquests and Revelations Spoilers)

Rezzy

Was he controlled by Anankos the whole time after we got him back in Conquests? Or did he avoid that fate, and we got him back before that could happen? If so why could we support with him on Conquests and not in Revelations?

Not being able to support with him in Revelations kinda ruined the surprise, because it made you think something was up. It couldn't have been that hard to write 2 extra support dialogues for possessed Gunter.

Was he controlled by Anankos the whole time after we got him back in Conquests? Or did he avoid that fate, and we got him back before that could happen? If so why could we support with him on Conquests and not in Revelations?

Not being able to support with him in Revelations kinda ruined the surprise, because it made you think something was up. It couldn't have been that hard to write 2 extra support dialogues for possessed Gunter.

You got it.

Apparently, Gunter being in Valla during Conquest wasn't enough to possess him, even though he must have been there for an extended period of time since Azura claimed she had been visiting him and it is implied it is more than once. Yet, for some reason, being in the Bottomless Canyon for maybe like a day or two was enough to allow Anankos to possess him. >:/

I guess it boils down to what "path" Corrin takes. In Conquest, Corrin was dilly-dallying with Nohr and Hoshido but, in Revelation, Corrin immediately jumped into the Bottomless Canyon to get to Valla, giving Anankos a reason to possess Gunter.

I don't know.

Generally I go with that characters don't get possessed on the routes where it doesn't come up(even though I'm not sure why the route change would affect it). That means Gunter isn't possessed in Conquest and Takumi isn't possessed in Revelation.