Is Niles X Setsuna any good?

I just realized this pairing is a possibility on Revelation. I don't know how I feel about their supports, they feel like such an odd couple, but Setsuna's daydreaming seems like it would make her the most logical mother for Nina.

From a gameplay perspective, it means both Niles and Nina get access to the Sniper and Kinshi Knight classes which is really nice (Bowfaire and Air Superiority are great skills for flying unit slayers),

Mods:

-1 Strength, +1 Magic, +1 Skill, +7 Speed, +0 Luck, +0 Defense, +1 Resistance

Modwise for Nina, she seems fairly unimpressive offensively at first with -1 Strength and +1 Magic mods. However, note that even with Charlotte or Effie as a mother, the highest mod Nina can have in strength is +2.

She gets an impressive and nigh-unparalleled Speed modifier of 7, however, which is better than any non-Avatar/Kana child can hope for and +1 to Skill. Also, her physical defense is much more balanced than Azura!Nina! The only problem with making her an Adventurer is her low magic growth, which might be remedied by putting her through Sorcerer for a bunch of levels.

What are people's opinions on this pairing? Is Nyx!Nina much better just for her magic growths?

Nyx!Nina is good, but chances are that Nyx will be used for another kid, like Rhajat or Ophelia

Setsuna!Nina can get some stuff done though, and can work well as a Witch for example.

Gives Bowfaire and Certain Blow helps a lot (I often find Niles has accuracy issues otherwise).

Cuts Nina's magic growth from default 30% to 15%, BUT Setsuna gives an easily passed down Quick Draw that gives player phase attacking (what bow units will normally do almost exclusively) +4 damage, so this immediate boost can offset the lost 15% magic growth for 26.666 levels before breaking evening (i.e., for most of the game). So she'll still Shining Bow pretty well. And she gets good speed and resistance.

I would try it but I don't know if I can pry Niles from Oboro. I think I'll be playing around with some couples though - I wanna try Azura!Nina. That being said, despite the good mods, her growths are kind of... wonky.

I really like an Archer wife for Niles. Sniper is pretty nice for him, leveraging his Bow rank while giving him somewhat better passives and stabilizing some of his growths (though it doesn't help his Magic any). And he can't say no to Bowfaire. That said, I haven't tried him with Setsuna, but you're pairing two +3 Speed mods so Nina's pretty much sure to double anybody but a super-optimized Kana at cap.

Mozu is another interesting option. The mods are nothing special (though Nina gets positive Speed), but it gives Archer to Niles and Villager to Nina, which makes an interesting mix if you have one of the parents pass her Bowfaire (I suppose passing Certain Blow isn't the worst idea either). Aptitude-equipped Merchant Nina has pretty good growths overall and natural access to Life and Death + Spendthrift (and you could take her back to Bow Knight at some point for the movement and Shurikenbreaker). Pretty much trashes Nina's Magic, so the Shining Bow is probably better off elsewhere, but she puts the snipe in sniper despite not actually being a Sniper.