Playing FE 6 improved my opinion of FE 7

wissenschaft

For me: FE6 > FE7, thanks to the ridicolus crit rate of the Sword Master and Berserker class. Oh, and because I had a lot more fun with the maps from FE6(especially the western isles arc) than the ones from FE7.

Edited by The Wyvern Rider

As someone who loves FE6, I don't love it for the unit balancing. I love it for the map design and some characters, and not mega screwing up higher level tomes like FE7/8 do.

Axes were just bad in this game, Lances were whatever but generally outclassed by swords, bows were fine tbh I don't get why some people are complaining about them. FE6 bows were actually pretty good due to the high wyvern rider counts in the game and x3 mgt against them.

• 4 months later...

As someone who loves FE6, I don't love it for the unit balancing. I love it for the map design and some characters, and not mega screwing up higher level tomes like FE7/8 do.

Axes were just bad in this game, Lances were whatever but generally outclassed by swords, bows were fine tbh I don't get why some people are complaining about them. FE6 bows were actually pretty good due to the high wyvern rider counts in the game and x3 mgt against them.

Well, I'm finally close to beating FE6 and I agree with you. Unit Balancing is terrible (warriors are near impossible to use on hard but Miledy is OP) but the map design is pretty good. I can now appreciate all the little improvements that FE7 made though I think FE 6 has a better story. As someone else said, FE 6 feels like a war is going on and the Maps reflect it.

I'm actually using Ekhidna as my Axe user and giving her secret tomes and body rings. Her accuracy is still only 75ish without WTA which just shows how bad Axes are in FE 6. I don't even want to know how low other axe users' accuracy gets. Theres a surprising amount of good prepromotes in FE 6.

Edited by wissenschaft