Fire Emblem Fate English Voices Aren't That Bad.

The only reason I prefer the japanese voices is because I'm a purist weaboo.who prefers things in VO and Japanese, that's it, I openly admit it.

The english voices are pretty good, spectacular even, same with FEA. Though I dunno which ENG subs I prefer... I'll have to think about it.

We're far from the the 'golden' age that was Resident Evil 1, the 'no voices during kits' in the old Tales of and the like, so I don't have much to complain about.

Edited by B.Leu

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting it this way, if I had to grade the casts of both games, this would be it.

Awakening: A

Fates: B+

Overall, I love the majority of voices but questionable voice direction on a few brings the grade down a bit (Camilla, Effie, etc).

All the same, I do appreciate Fates bringing in a lot of new actors and some non-traditional ones as well (EG Daily, Roger Rose, Sarah Blandy, etc.).

Edited by Sentinel07

Personally I really like Effie's English voice.

I really enjoy the VA in this game. I can't really think of any voice that gets on my nerves except maybe Nyx's - and to be fair, I think the voice suits the character, I just don't like it.

I guess the only other off thing would be Jakob's accent... But I can think of far worse faux-British accents in games, so eh.

Glad to see people talking.. Uh posting their thoughts. I really like Yuri Corrin voice the most out of the 3 Corrins. Cam Clarke? Is, he to scratchy for me I have no clue who the 3rd option is. Yeah I really like Felicia, Flora, Keaton, Xander, Auther, Ryoma, Beruka, Shopie, Elise, Azura and Rinkah. I also like Oboro

The ones I just like are Siazo, Kaze, Hana, Camilla, Hinoka, Orochi, Hinata, Ophelia, sakura, and Charlotte.

The one I dislike is Peri.

Edited by mikethepokemaster

A lot of them are ok, but there's Felicia, who's the franchise's voice acting equivalent of Barry Burton, and some of the others aren't much better. Peri and Hinoka sound like 40 year old chainsmokers, Nyx sounds way too squeaky, Beruka's voice is too high, and Percy sounds like a bad Mickey Mouse impersonator. There's also something off about Tsubaki and Orochi's performance. Hinata and Mozu can be inconsistent.

Of course I expect to be called a weeb because god forbid I don't think the localization is that good.

Like most dubs, Fates has some good and some bad. Azura is fantastic, Takumi, Leo, the Awakening Trio and Hana I liked a lot and I really appreciate Yukimura and Gunter even if I think their voice actors should have had bigger roles. I do find it funny that Cam Clarke was doing his Liquid Snake voice for Arthur (minus the British accent), Anthony Del Rio isn't even bothering to do anything but the Pit voice with Percy, and Mozu sounds like Nanako from Persona 4 doing a bad country accent. The only ones I'd really consider to be bad are Nyx and Peri--even ones I didn't like initially like Camilla and Hinoka's grew on me.

A lot of them are ok, but there's Felicia, who's the franchise's voice acting equivalent of Barry Burton,

Felicia is nowhere near hilarious enough to wear that crown.

Edited by AzureSen

Putting it this way, if I had to grade the casts of both games, this would be it.

Awakening: A

Fates: B+

Overall, I love the majority of voices but questionable voice direction on a few brings the grade down a bit (Camilla, Effie, etc).

All the same, I do appreciate Fates bringing in a lot of new actors and some non-traditional ones as well (EG Daily, Roger Rose, Sarah Blandy, etc.).

B+?!B+ AGAIN?!

I couldn't resist, sorry.

This sums up my opinion on the voice acting. Arthur, Odin, and Male Corrin 2 being my favorites male voices, and Chrolette, Beruka, and Hana being my favorite female voices. Also, the way Xander says father sounds so funny.

Glad to see people talking.. Uh posting their thoughts. I really like Yuri Corrin voice the most out of the 3 Corrins. Cam Clarke? Is, he to scratchy for me I have no clue who the 3rd option is. Yeah I really like Felicia, Flora, Keaton, Xander, Auther, Ryoma, Beruka, Shopie, Elise, Azura and Rinkah. I also like Oboro

The ones I just like are Siazo, Kaze, Hana, Camilla, Hinoka, Orochi, Hinata, Ophelia, sakura, and Charlotte.

The one I dislike is Peri.

Cam Clarke does the third voice option as well.

Anyway, as for the Fates dub, I don't mind it at all. Felicia's and Effie's voices took some time getting used to, however. I'm also very impressed by Ben Diskin's wide voice range (posh like Jakob, kid-like like Hayato, and gruff like Saizo).

Well, while I think both games are on equal footing when it comes to voice acting, nothing, NOTHING beats Noire's crazed laughter during crits.

Overall, I think the Fates voice overs were did pretty well but there are some that are ok. I think the English voices seem inconsistent(for a lack of a better term) in performance while the Japanese set of voices sounds more uniform to me. Personally speaking, I still prefer Awakening's Japanese set of voice to Fate's Japanese counterpart. I just feel like the lines weren't that great for Fates. Could be that Awakening's lines tired me out.

Well, while I think both games are on equal footing when it comes to voice acting, nothing, NOTHING beats Noire's crazed laughter during crits.

I usually prefer the Japanese set of voices but Noire is one of the few that I prefer the English version, especially that laugh critical cut in. I think the Japanese counterpart was actually too soft for her critical portrait. I also like English Miriel and Flavia and Reina(especially her "How thrilling" suits her perfectly imo). As much as people dislike Severa, her English voice is exactly how I imagined how she would sound.

When it comes to the English dub, the only characters whose voice acting I genuinely don't like are Effie, Peri and Male Kana (I'm not overly fond of Kagero's voice, either, but it definitely could've been a LOT worse). With the exception of a couple of poorly delivered battle quotes from Ophelia and Felicia and some lackluster Private Quarters dialogue from Dwyer and Setsuna, the English voice acting for this game as a whole is excellent. I even really like the voices of some characters that a lot of people don't like (Hinoka, Nyx, Hinata, Selkie, and Siegbert).

I play with the volume so low that I can't hear either the characters' voices or the music. I'm usually playing other music over the game anyway.

Can't say I really have an opinion of the voices either way. Do I have a preference? Well, if I have to be completely honest, I got really used to the Japanese voices after playing the game for over a year and there are some voices I do prefer there (don't get me wrong, the English voice acting is still mostly good), but I don't really listen to the voices anyway so it doesn't affect me. I liked FE better when there were no voices.

I'm not so against the English voices as I used to be, but I do prefer the Japanese ones. I just wish those who preferred the Japanese voices would be more mature about it. I'm glad it's not so bad at all here on Serenes, but jeez, other places are so bad about it.

The only voice that really grates on me is Hinoka's which is unfortunate seeing as she's like my favorite of the siblings.

I'm gonna be completely honest, I have no idea what the actual problem people are seeing with Felicia's dub voice acting is? I hear her dub voice complained about a lot and I've played the game for quite a while and heard it quite a bit and there's really nothing wrong with it from what I can tell. I think her voice is completely appropriate and realistic for an awkward 18~25-year-old woman, and some of her lines sounding kinda silly doesn't seem like that much of a flaw to me because in some ways she is a kind of silly character, so it fits.

On the whole, I thought the dub voice acting was actually pretty good. There were a few instances where I felt the performances for returning characters didn't quite match how they sounded in Awakening despite being the same VAs, but on the whole I really don't see any problems with it. Of course, I haven't gotten every character yet so there could be a few bad dub jobs, but what I've heard, I've liked.

Felicia's English voice is holy-fuck amazing. The pitch and nuance are perfect in almost every scenario.

...almost. "You can count on me" is nightmare-inducing. But that's a small price to pay for her shop lines, "Heeeere goes nothiiinnng!", and absolutely everything she says in the Private Quarters

"I know we're friends...but I'm still happy to work for you. Call me any time."

How can I refuse a request like that? No one in this game nails their part harder.

Edited by Inference

Felicia's English voice is holy-fuck amazing. The pitch and nuance are perfect in almost every scenario.

...almost. "You can count on me" is nightmare-inducing. But that's a small price to pay for her shop lines, "Heeeere goes nothiiinnng!", and absolutely everything she says in the Private Quarters

"I know we're friends...but I'm still happy to work for you. Call me any time."

How can I refuse a request like that? No one in this game nails their part harder.

THIS. Just how Felicia's VA nailed her character, you've nailed my thoughts exactly.

Felicia honestly has one of the best voices in the game and it is tremendous step up from the Japanese version of her.

Many of the English voices are good in Fates, I think the only one I don't like is Hinoka's.

I'm gonna be completely honest, I have no idea what the actual problem people are seeing with Felicia's dub voice acting is? I hear her dub voice complained about a lot and I've played the game for quite a while and heard it quite a bit and there's really nothing wrong with it from what I can tell. I think her voice is completely appropriate and realistic for an awkward 18~25-year-old woman, and some of her lines sounding kinda silly doesn't seem like that much of a flaw to me because in some ways she is a kind of silly character, so it fits.

On the whole, I thought the dub voice acting was actually pretty good. There were a few instances where I felt the performances for returning characters didn't quite match how they sounded in Awakening despite being the same VAs, but on the whole I really don't see any problems with it. Of course, I haven't gotten every character yet so there could be a few bad dub jobs, but what I've heard, I've liked.

I think the reason so many people dislike Felicia's voice was because of the "We've got trouble" line which got quite the attention back when we saw early English footage (almost reached meme status). While the line does kinda make you raise an eyebrow the first time you hear it, you get used to it pretty quick, and I agree that overall, Felicia's VA does a pretty good job with the character.

I think the reason so many people dislike Felicia's voice was because of the "We've got trouble" line which got quite the attention back when we saw early English footage (almost reached meme status). While the line does kinda make you raise an eyebrow the first time you hear it, you get used to it pretty quick, and I agree that overall, Felicia's VA does a pretty good job with the character.

Almost!? The chat box for the smash tournament Corrin and Bayonetta'so release dates were recealed at was flooded with that phrase for a while (at least when I arrived).

Some of the voices are kind of bad, like Peri's (DLC Ike's is the most HORRID thing on earth), but I really don't have a problem with the voice acting overall. I can see why people would prefer the Japanese voices, but gee, I wish they didn't act like such weeb trash when expressing their opinion on the matter.

The only voice that really grates on me is Hinoka's which is unfortunate seeing as she's like my favorite of the siblings.

It was bothering me for the longest time where I heard it from...

but I learned it's the same VA for Buttercup in the Powerpuff Girls.

Hinoka's voice is fine. My problem with it is that it sounds too much like Buttercup's, which breaks my brain sometimes. That's not a voice I expect to find in Anime.

I really like Kagero's voice. Nothing about Kagero's design suggested that she must have a deep voice. The actress gave her an air of professionalism that fits her character in my opinion.