Cipher Series 7 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: Dec 16: Tournament Promos Revealed!

Kirie

For what it's worth, that Lilina promo features a quote from her and Roy's A support conversation, and in her paired ending with Roy they do get married. Even if it's just a promo, I personally wouldn't agree that it isn't at least a tease. Ninian's card is also very similar in that her quote borrows from when she ends up staying with Eliwood if they have an A support. In a way I think her card is already shipping her and Eliwood, just not as blatantly as Lilina's. I'm curious if Hector and Lyn will get referenced somewhere.

Edited by Prince of Iris

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, that Lilina promo features a quote from her and Roy's A support conversation, and in her paired ending with Roy they do get married. Even if it's just a promo, I personally wouldn't agree that it isn't at least a tease. Ninian's card is also very similar in that her quote borrows from when she ends up staying with Eliwood if they have an A support. In a way I think her card is already shipping her and Eliwood, just not as blatantly as Lilina's. I'm curious if Hector and Lyn will get referenced somewhere.

Maybe in a tournament pack promo, just like Lilina's PR.

I do like that Lilina PR for what it is.

I don't think we'll see an Eliwood/Ninian SR pairing like the Sigurd/Deirdre art, but something small and cute like a Tournament Promo of the both of them like Lilina's promo would be super adorable and I'd be all over it.

They better not reference Lyn/Hector at all though, because clearly she belongs with Rath where she's happy and Hector/Florina is the best.

Today's card reveal is the (somewhat vampiric) Jakob R!

Well, he really looks like a vampire here... And since he is a buttler I can't stop thinking in Haji from Blood+

Edit: Btw I just noticed this on twitter. Is not a card but is related to Cipher

tumblr_ohezczaWFE1rql8cco7_540.jpg

Edited by SniperGYS

I don't understand how Cipher is supposed to be played... and Anankos makes this even more confusing to me xD

Here's what's happening: You normally can't have more than 1 card of the same name on the field. Hence, you can't have a Lucina1 with any Marth.

However, Anankos summons more of itself. Lots and lots of itself. However, you normally would never be able to have Anankos live for longer than, say, a turn. This can be circumvented with the help of Nohr Anankos, which allows itself to be leveled up on top of a Gunther or Garon, if you do not already control an Anankos.

So, obviously, the next step is to have Garon as your Main Character, since he has a cost 1 card, unlike Gunther. Sadly, the next step involves waiting for six turns. You can get a full-stack Ike6 faster than that.

On top of that, you'd need to then level up that Nohrian Anankos with Hoshidan Anankos, which would take yet another turn. By this time, your opponent is preparing itself for a gigantic push, and you will lose before that even happens.

Did anybody pick up this month's Nintendo Dream or Dengeki Nintendo, I want to know if they have previews next magazine's promos.

Doesn't Kizuna usually share those? I haven't seen him post up anything. I could be wrong remembering that, though.

(I only get the magazines myself when they come with cards, so I'm no help >_>)

Today's card is a very lovely R Ursula by Senri Kita! I did expect her to see representation based on her popularity, though the R treatment is a nice surprise.

1HkEsb8.png

Apparently Japan must have liked the black fang a lot more than a good chunk of the playable cast. This set is turning in to "The Black Fang and friends".

Lloyd was ranked 7 on the popularity poll and Ursula 22, both of which are higher than most villains.

I also think Cipher in general is realizing that it will get more mileage for future sets if it holds off some PCs in favour of NPC/Villains, which would likely not sell as well on their own. Even if I would super love a villains set.

Lloyd, Linus, Jaffar, Nino, Limstella... Does Nergal and Sonia have anything confirmed yet? I hope that poor homunculous from the gaiden chapters gets something, if only the joke card in the promos.

Anyways who gets the last SR for the purples? Make your bets everyone...

Lloyd, Linus, Jaffar, Nino, Limstella... Does Nergal and Sonia have anything confirmed yet? I hope that poor homunculous from the gaiden chapters gets something, if only the joke card in the promos.

Anyways who gets the last SR for the purples? Make your bets everyone...

41 - Jaffar

44 - Lloyd

45 - Lloyd

46 - Linus (known card, assumed position)

47 - Ursula

48 - Limstella (known card, assumed position)

49/50 - Mascots

So 42 and 43 could still be Sonia and/or Nergal, or just 43 if Jaffar has an cost 1 card. Vaida, Renault, and Athos could also get cards in that spot, since they're PC recruited after Jaffar.

Also, I don't think anyone is expecting anything but Nino for the last purple SR spot.

so far, I have seen no promo card pictures (nor mention of when the next mag promo is, my guess is the feb mag) in the Nintendo Dream and Dengeki Nintendo mags. there are pictures of some of the cards in set 7 though. I can scan them in when I get home tonight if you guys want.

Edited by Aquantis

so far, I have seen no promo card pictures (nor mention of when the next mag promo is, my guess is the feb mag) in the Nintendo Dream and Dengeki Nintendo mags. there are pictures of some of the cards in set 7 though. I can scan them in when I get home tonight if you guys want.

I would really appreciate that, thank you! <3

Today's card is a very lovely R Ursula by Senri Kita! I did expect her to see representation based on her popularity, though the R treatment is a nice surprise.

1HkEsb8.png

Oh Kita... You did something weird, but I still love it.

Ha! I called it. Doesn't look actually that bad, I was actually expecting them to show more legs on her. Not a particular fan of Oboro, though.

How come Oboro is so popular, though? She always stuck to me as kinda bland if not for her odd grandma-like voice in japanese.

Ha! I called it. Doesn't look actually that bad, I was actually expecting them to show more legs on her. Not a particular fan of Oboro, though.

How come Oboro is so popular, though? She always stuck to me as kinda bland if not for her odd grandma-like voice in japanese.

Trust me we all knew she was coming hue.

Dunno why she's popular though.

Maybe because she actually has a backstory and a reason to be fighting unlike 90% of the other characters? People are drawn to tragedy.

(I do actually like Oboro, despite the fashion gimmick)

Edited by Kirie

Alright, as a prep for the coming livestream, and also for fun, here's a list of the confirmed (or mostly confirmed) placements we have for the cards in the set so far. Cards in parentheses are cards fall into two categories:

1) Cards that have not yet been confirmed but can be assumed based on other cards (eg., Oboro having an N or HN card in slot 67 since her SR is 66).

2) Cards that have been confirmed and placement can likely be assumed based on other cards placement (eg. Linus fitting in the empty space between Lloyd and Ursula, Mascots filling in the last 2 slots of each color)

Basically, we're 99% sure of their placement in some way, but it's not officially official.

Characters with known cards but unconfirmed placement are listed as the bottom of each colour.

[spoiler=Confirmed Set List]

1 - (Eliwood SR)
2 - Eliwood ®
3 - Eliwood HN
4 - Hector SR
5 - (Hector N)
6 - Hector HN
7 - Lyn SR
8 - (Lyn N)
9 - (Lyn HN)
10 - Ninian SR
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 - Florina R
16 - (Florina N/HN)
17 - Serra R(+)
18 - Serra N

19 -

20 -

21 -
22 - Lucius R
23 - (Lucius N/HN)
24 -
25 -
26 -
27 -
28 -
29 -
30 -
31 -
32 -
33 -
34 - Canas HN
35 - (Canas N)
36 -
37 -
38 -
39 -
40 -
41 - Jaffar R

42 -

43 -
44 - Lloyd SR
45 - Lloyd HN
46 - (Linus N/HN)
47 - Ursula R
48 - (Limstella)
49 - (Mascot)
50 - (Mascot)

Confirmed included but unknown placement: Nino, Sain, Kent, Priscilla (2), Raven, Guy (2), Matthew, Oswin, Rebecca

51 - Ryoma SR
52 - (Ryoma N)
53 - (Ryoma HN)
54 - Hinoka SR
55 - (Hinoka N/HN)
56 - Takumi SR
57 - (Takumi N/HN)
58 - Sakura SR
59 - (Sakura N/HN)
60 - Saizo R(+)
61 - (Saizo N/HN)
62 - Kagero R(+)
63 - (Kagero N/HN)
64 - Setsuna R
65 - (Setsuna H/HN)
66 - Oboro SR
67 - (Oboro N/HN)
68 - Hana R
69 - (Hana N/HN)
70 - Subaki HN
71 - Subaki N
72 - Jakob R
73 - (Jakob N/HN)
74 -
75 -
76 -
77 -
78 -
79 -
80 -
81 -
82 -
83 -
84 -
85 -
86 - Kiragi HN
87 -
88 -
89 -
90 -
91 -
92 -
93 -
94 -
95 -
96 -
97 - Anankos
98 -
99 - (Mascot)
100 - (Mascot)

Confirmed included but unknown placement: Sumeragi, Hisame, Scarlet, Shiro (2), Orochi, Yukimura, Mitama, Rinkah, Dywer, Fuga

Working off of a combination of that list and the previous list that I made with Vince Knight, here's my updated predictions list. Predictions are in italics for easier spotting, and the ones I'm less certain about have ?s after them

[spoiler=Series 7 predicted list]

1 - (Eliwood SR)
2 - Eliwood ®
3 - Eliwood HN
4 - Hector SR
5 - (Hector N)
6 - Hector HN
7 - Lyn SR
8 - (Lyn N)
9 - (Lyn HN)
10 - Ninian SR
11 - Sain HN/R
12 - Sain N
13 - Kent HN/R
14 - Kent N

15 - Florina R
16 - (Florina N/HN)
17 - Serra R(+)
18 - Serra N

19 - Rath N/HN?

20 - Matthew R/HN

21 - Matthew N
22 - Lucius R
23 - (Lucius N/HN)
24 - Rebecca R/HN
25 - Rebecca N
26 - Oswin R/HN
27 - Oswin N
28 - Guy HN
29 - Guy N
30 - Priscilla HN
31 - Priscilla N
32 - Raven R/HN
33 - Raven N

34 - Canas HN
35 - (Canas N)
36 - Pent?
37 - Louise?
38 - Karel?
39 - Nino SR
40 - Nino N/HN

41 - Jaffar R

42 - Athos?

43 - Sonia?
44 - Lloyd SR
45 - Lloyd HN
46 - (Linus N/HN)
47 - Ursula R
48 - (Limstella)
49 - (Mascot)
50 - (Mascot)

51 - Ryoma SR
52 - (Ryoma N)
53 - (Ryoma HN)
54 - Hinoka SR
55 - (Hinoka N/HN)
56 - Takumi SR
57 - (Takumi N/HN)
58 - Sakura SR
59 - (Sakura N/HN)
60 - Saizo R(+)
61 - (Saizo N/HN)
62 - Kagero R(+)
63 - (Kagero N/HN)
64 - Setsuna R
65 - (Setsuna H/HN)
66 - Oboro SR
67 - (Oboro N/HN)
68 - Hana R
69 - (Hana N/HN)
70 - Subaki HN
71 - Subaki N
72 - Jakob R
73 - (Jakob N/HN)
74 - Rinkah HN
75 - Rinkah N
76 - Orochi R/HN
77 - Orochi N
78 - Silas HN?
79 - Silas N?
80 - Scarlet HN?
81 - Scarlet N?
82 - Yukimura?
83 - Fuga?
84 - Shiro R
85 - Shiro N/HN

86 - Kiragi HN
87 - Dywer R/HN?
88 - Dywer N?
89 - Hisame HN?
90 - Hisame N?
91 - Mitama HN?
92 - Mitama N?
93 - Sumeragi R/HN?
94 - Sumeragi N?
95 - Mikoto R/HN?
96 - Mikoto N?

97 - Anankos
98 - Birthright Endgame Garon
99 - (Mascot)
100 - (Mascot)

Purple is actually pretty clear now with only a few questionable characters/placements, and the remaining holes are a bit easier to fill with recruitment order. White has LOTS of question marks, primarily because almost all of the confirmed cards we have are lumped together in the beginning of the block, with only Kiragi in the middle and Anankos towards the end.

I'm guessing that some of the characters I have 2 slots allotted for will only have 1 card, freeing up more space for more characters. I really hope this is the case for White especially, since I really want my Izana card. :<

Oboro got a SR? But the card does at least look nice, even if literally everyone knew it was coming.

I'm guessing that some of the characters I have 2 slots allotted for will only have 1 card, freeing up more space for more characters. I really hope this is the case for White especially, since I really want my Izana card. :<

It wouldn't make sense for Izana to not get a card if every other Corrinsexual is given one. You also forgot Sophie since every previously White exclusive neutral character (Kaze, Midori, Shigure, Mozu, Felicia) got a Black card last set.

Edited by Lightchao42

It wouldn't make sense for Izana to not get a card if every other Corrinsexual is given one. You also forgot Sophie since every previously White exclusive neutral character (Kaze, Midori, Shigure, Mozu, Felicia) got a Black card last set.

Yeah, I was actually going to put Sophie in until I realized I had forgotten Dwyer. I do think it's likely that she'll get at least one card and that at least one of the other kids will only get one as well to free up space, just hard to guess which since we know so little about this section of the set.

And there is one reason that Izana wouldn't get a card, namely...

[spoiler=Revelation Spoilers]

because he dies and all. Come on, Izana, get your shit together.

But I hope it won't matter. And there's certainly space for him, too. Just, again, hard to figure out with the cards they've chosen to show us so far.